Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

The Middle East...where Are Events Taking Us?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no other description for what is happening other than war crime and genocide.   Israel is technically the occupying force on Gaza and as such is duty bound to protect civilians.   Complet

The scenes in Gaza look like the aftermath of a nuclear bomb, utter devastation. The Israelis telling people to go back to their homes in northern Gaza as its "safe", what are they supposed to go back

Reported on the BBC too... An air strike on an army camp has killed three soldiers, the Syrian government says, blaming the US-led coalition for the attack. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It does strike me as being incredibly convenient: just when our moribund ministers are in need of something posture-worthy, along comes a mysterious toxic chemical...While I have no time at all for Assad and his cronies, how would his unleashing a chemical attack, on his own people, help him at all?

Of all the 'interests' that might benefit from this ghastly incident, Assad seems about the least likely, IMO...

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

It does strike me as being incredibly convenient: just when our moribund ministers are in need of something posture-worthy, along comes a mysterious toxic chemical...While I have no time at all for Assad and his cronies, how would his unleashing a chemical attack, on his own people, help him at all?

Of all the 'interests' that might benefit from this ghastly incident, Assad seems about the least likely, IMO...

Kind of like how just after the spying scandal, Al Qaeda communications were suddenly intercepted and plans for attacks on embassies foiled.

The west has already been training and supplying arms to the rebels, but I suppose this is where they'll announce their grand intervention!

• Like 1
    Posted

Blatant set up I think. Doesn't anyone find it odd that the weapons inspectors were already in Syria? America in the past few hours has just said that the Syrians have left it too late to allow entry to the inspectors as all evidence will be compromised by now. If that's so, what the hell are they doing there now supposedly investigating alleged chemical attacks that happened months ago.  Surely that evidence will also be compromised?  Not that it matters really as Assad will get the blame anyway.  According to our very own William Hague, he definitely believes it was  the Syrian Government.   How the hell does he know, was he there?

There is also the question being reported widely that the videos released were handed to local tv/news stations about 24hrs before the alleged event happened. Why isn't this being investigated instead of being completely ignored? If you ask me, they intend to go in regardless. I bet it might  not  be long before people living near RAF bases  start noticing increased activity.

Edited by Blitzen
    • Like 2
    Posted

Either you're absolutely right, Blitzen, or all the time I spent in Scotty has somehow blighted my intelligence?? Because I completely agree with you. It is all too convenient for my liking...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The whole thing stinks, I don't buy it.

Posted

Let's just remember this. The megolomaniac we shouldn't have overthrown.

1988: Thousands die in Halabja gas attack

Thousands of people are reported to have been killed and many others injured in a poison gas attack on a Kurdish city in northern Iraq.

Up to 20 aircraft, said to include Iraqi Migs and Mirages, were seen overhead at around 1100 local time in Halabja.

According to experts, the chemicals dropped by the planes may have included mustard gas, the nerve agents sarin, tabun and VX and possibly cyanide.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/march/16/newsid_4304000/4304853.stm

Posted

If we keep intervening in the middle-east then we can only expect Baghdad-style violence to occur again and to a greater frequency in the streets of London.

Posted Image

Edited by PersianPaladin
    Posted

If the UK and USA attack Assads regime then they can be responsible for the disaster that will follow in the Middle East. How do we know the rebels or Al Qaeda elements within that didn't wipe out those people with chemical weapons as a last desperate attempt to involve the west, people might think how could they kill their own, well they'll probably just put those killed as martyrs!

This all could end very badly as Lebanon becomes embroiled and the rest of the region goes up in smoke!

• Like 1
    Posted

If we keep intervening in the middle-east then we can only expect Baghdad-style violence to occur again and to a greater frequency in the streets of London.

Posted Image

Muat admit i dont really want us to BUT

how long can the relatively civilised West just sit back and watch when innocent children are being systematically gassed?!

Posted

Pathetic.

Why when discussing the ME do the Yanks come in for all the aggro?

Historically prior to 1968, and history cannot be forgotten, The Soviets supplied the ME with about $2 billion in military aid alone-1,7000 tanks. 2,4000 artillery pieces, 500 jets, and 1,4000 advisers. And Russia has taken over the role supporting the factions in Iran, Hezbollah and Assad.

So why aren't Russia and China just as responsible?

As far as I'm aware Obama is very reluctant to get involved in this.

The Yanks are always handy whipping boys in a complicated area where no one has yet has come close to an answer.

• Like 1
    Posted

Muat admit i dont really want us to BUThow long can the relatively civilised West just sit back and watch when innocent children are being systematically gassed?!

Well we sat back and watched millions die in the Congo.

Posted

Muat admit i dont really want us to BUT

how long can the relatively civilised West just sit back and watch when innocent children are being systematically gassed?!

Over 800,000 people were murdered in Rwanda whilst the west sat on its behind, sadly the world is full of tragedy which makes a mockery of human in apparently the human race!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/3577575.stm

The UN and the rest of the cronies are all complicit in cherry picking when they can be bothered to enter a war under their guise of suddenly caring.

Edited by nick sussex
    • Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Here we go, it's just a matter of when now with politicians speaking like this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23840065

Posted

The ought to make Synchronized Posturing an Olympic sport!

Posted

The so called 'independent' weapons inspectors will have been well instructed before leaving for Syria. No way will you hear what they find from the horses' mouths so to speak.  Those findings will be for he US/UK to twist to their own satisfaction. Can you imagine if they came out with " It looks like the rebels  fired them and they were supplied by Israel!"  Probable outcome will be it was the Syrian Government or at best inconclusive about who fired what from where.

It will be interesting to hear what Russia has to say at their p.m. press conference. Laughable really that that evil little git Hague has the nerve to say that all diplomacy has failed as he appears to be one of the main reasons why! I sincerely hope that those inspectors stay safe and are not sacrificed to put the final nail in the coffin! I believe there have already been a couple of explosions this morning in central Damascus. One being near The Four Seasons Hotel where they are staying.

Edited by Blitzen
    • Like 2
    Posted

Why would they be supplied by Israel? Israel was happier, a relative term, with the Assad regime. In fact Israel is against US intervention.

Posted
    Edited by Blitzen
    Posted

The so called 'independent' weapons inspectors will have been well instructed before leaving for Syria. No way will you hear what they find from the horses' mouths so to speak.  Those findings will be for he US/UK to twist to their own satisfaction. Can you imagine if they came out with " It looks like the rebels  fired them and they were supplied by Israel!"  Probable outcome will be it was the Syrian Government or at best inconclusive about who fired what from where.

It will be interesting to hear what Russia has to say at their p.m. press conference. Laughable really that that evil little git Hague has the nerve to say that all diplomacy has failed as he appears to be one of the main reasons why! I sincerely hope that those inspectors stay safe and are not sacrificed to put the final nail in the coffin! I believe there have already been a couple of explosions this morning in central Damascus. One being near The Four Seasons Hotel where they are staying.

AFP: UN spokesman says snipers in Syria have shot at UN weapons inspectors

Reuters: UN spokesman says chemical weapons experts "deliberately shot at multiple times" in Damascus

http://news.sky.com/story/1133285/syria-weapons-inspectors-shot-by-snipers

Who could of seen this coming then hey.....

Edited by lfcdude
    • Like 1
    Posted

Again this would beg the question, would Assad be that stupid to order the execution of UN inspectors which is pretty much a green light for a full scale UN backed invasion.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

How can we afford military action in the age of austerity and cuts to the British military?

Government can also find money when it needs it. However we don't really have the man power to intervene these days although Camerfool doesn't realise this.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Government can also find money when it needs it. However we don't really have the man power to intervene these days although Camerfool doesn't realise this.

Current plans are for air strikes not men on the ground.
    Posted

The answer, in my opinion, is he wouldn't.  I really fear for their safety.  This is bordering on the disgusting now.  What a predictable farce!

I really do hope that Parliament is recalled before any shots are fired. We might then just have a chance of  some breaks being put on this.

Edited by Blitzen