Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

The Middle East...where Are Events Taking Us?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Don't even go there! Iran has launched a nuclear capable missile, and the Americans are annoyed because it coincides with the US-Iranian nuclear deal the Iranian parliament approved last Tuesday, but they say it won't compromise the deal. I don't get all of this...combined with the rest of the Middle East we are heading for a very bad ending and nobody is shouting "STOP"! I'm starting to believe in the possibility of WW3 again...

This is what happens when populations lack the resolve to bring order to chaos.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no other description for what is happening other than war crime and genocide.   Israel is technically the occupying force on Gaza and as such is duty bound to protect civilians.   Complet

The scenes in Gaza look like the aftermath of a nuclear bomb, utter devastation. The Israelis telling people to go back to their homes in northern Gaza as its "safe", what are they supposed to go back

Reported on the BBC too... An air strike on an army camp has killed three soldiers, the Syrian government says, blaming the US-led coalition for the attack. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-

Posted Images

Posted

Busted ! Russians Catch US in Fake Bombing Campaign.

Bomb-destroyed houses spotted in Syrian locality where Russian warplanes not used

This territory has never been in the hands of the Islamic State, deputy chief of the Russian General Staff Andrey Kartapolov points out.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/10/16/busted-russians-catch-us-in-fake-bombing-campaign/

A quote admitted by Gordon duff.

“About 30% of what’s on Veterans Today is patently false. About 40% of what I write is at least purposefully partially false. Because if I didn’t write false information I wouldn’t be alive. I simply have to do that.â€

http://www.infostormer.com/gordon-duff-and-veterans-today-is-an-admitted-source-of-disinformation/

Quote from the first link.

'On October 11, near the settlement of Tel-Alam, the coalition’s jets destroyed by airstrikes a thermal power plant and transformer substation,†he (deputy chief of the Russian General Staff Andrey Kartapolov) added. As a result, hospitals and schools in Aleppo were left without electricity. Water pumping stations and sewage also stopped working which can be very harmful in the conditions of high temperatures.

“I think that it is unlikely that our partners did not know that the thermal power plant worked only eight hours per day. Airstrikes were delivered for several days, and on October 11, the power station was completely destroyed. One might get an impression that someone is deliberately destroying infrastructure in settlements, thus making the life of local population impossible. Because of that, civilians leave these settlements after losing living conditions and increase the refugee flow to Europe,†Kartapolov noted.

Edited by Snowyowl9
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/612715/world-war-three-Russia-Syria-rockets-navy-chief-Britain-danger

WW3 THREAT: Ex-Navy chief calls presence of Russia's SAMs in Syria 'extremely dangerous' HIGHLY sophisticated surface-to-air missile systems (SAMs) brought into Syria by Russia have provoked grave fears over the already fraught relationship between Vladimir Putin and US-led coalition.

Former Navy chief Lord West said the presence of the weapons makes the situation in the area "highly risky".

He said: "These are surface to air missiles of the later versions and are very highly capable missiles.

"ISIL doesn't have any aircraft that it's using and I'm sure Russia doesn't intend to shoot down Syrian government aircraft so one must wonder why exactly are they there?

"Are they expecting to shoot down coalition aircraft? Are they expecting attacks from coalition aircraft?

Edited by pip22
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4712443,00.html

Report: Russia blocks Israeli jets over Lebanon

Lebanese newspaper claims Israeli jets turn back after confrontation with Russian aircraft over northern Lebanon.

Posted

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4712443,00.html

Report: Russia blocks Israeli jets over Lebanon

Lebanese newspaper claims Israeli jets turn back after confrontation with Russian aircraft over northern Lebanon.

Good.

• Like 3
    Posted

Good.

Indeed their had no right to be their and infringing lebanese airspace a county their  always infringe like others their still occupy and oppress 

Not for the faint hearted Zionist terrorism on Palestine 

https://twitter.com/DrBaselAbuwarda

Edited by lfcdude
    Posted

Indeed their had no right to be their and infringing lebanese airspace a county their  always infringe like others their still occupy and oppress 

I know it's quite, quite wicked. Of course it's perfectly okay to fire 26 cruise missiles a thousand miles and kill a few thousand Syrians.

• Like 2
    Posted

I know it's quite, quite wicked. Of course it's perfectly okay to fire 26 cruise missiles a thousand miles and kill a few thousand Syrians.

A few thousand? Civilians? Thats a big assumption considering by your own opinion that most r here in Europe as refugees, Plus 26 cruise missals into thousands dead.. Hm i will let you do the math on that, USA and the west has killed far many more civilians, Germany has killed more by offering death by greed aswell 

Russia Knocker also had the permission and come to the aide of a government not a bunch of brutes the west has backed 

Edited by lfcdude
    Posted

A few thousand? Civilians? Thats a big assumption considering by your own opinion that most r here in Europe as refugees, Plus 26 cruise missals into thousands dead.. Hm i will let you do the math on that, USA and the west has killed far many more civilians, Germany has killed more by offering death by greed aswell 

Good to see you are not arguing that the missile launch was wrong, just questioning the number killed. The rest is just your usual waffle to avoid annoying truths.

Edited by knocker
    • Like 2
    Posted

Good to see you are not arguing that missile launch was wrong, just questioning the number killed. The rest is just your usual waffle to avoid annoying truths.

Tell that to the afgan hospital bombed by the USA.... Their is no difference between precision bombers + drones and tactical missiles both hit the mark it was aimed at.

But its ok Knocker ignore all the amount the west has killed by supplying to the enemy weapons then "bombing" them yet made no ground,.. Yet Russia is making ground 

The people in Sryia have died because the west gave weapons to the enemy r this would of been over long ago 

Edited by lfcdude
    • Like 2
    Posted

Tell that to the afgan hospital bombed by the USA.... Their is no difference between precision bombers + drones and tactical missiles both hit the mark it was aimed at.

But its ok Knocker ignore all the amount the west has killed by supplying to the enemy weapons then "bombing" them yet made no ground,.. Yet Russia is making ground 

The people in Sryia have died because the west gave weapons to the enemy r this would of been over long ago 

And talking about precision bombing let's not forget the non precision carpet bombing which so far has helped to kill 250,000 people, driven 12 million from their homes and made 4 million refugees. The latter of course have proved an excellent source of material to feed your biased paranoia.

And as Dave Allen would have said, goodnight and god be with you.

Edited by knocker
    • Like 2
    Posted

And talking about precision bombing let's not forget the non precision carpet bombing which so far has helped to kill 250,000 people, driven 12 million from their homes and made 4 million refugees. The latter of course have proved an excellent source of material to feed your biased paranoia.

What has driven 12 million from their homes is open into interpretation, The people of Sryia do not matter to the west, It is a war the west has funded with the brutal saudi regime, If their was peace their would not be 12 million driven from their home.. Who has driven then from their home?

Why were their not driven from their home before the "civil" war.. AKA Proxy war, Because their were happy.. But west backed the wrong guys as i said from start should of supported assad, Yes barrel bombs have killed, But have killed far less then Weston military weaponry

Edited by lfcdude
    • Like 1
    Posted

I really don't understand peoples perception of their self interest in supporting Russia having de facto control of the air space of a part of Syria and Lebanon.

Posted

https://www.rt.com/news/318985-syria-airstrikes-combat-report/

Syrian jihadists feud & bomb each other over funds as Russian jets destroy supply lines
    Posted

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/470730/World-War-3-panic-Turkey-shoot-down-Russia-US-planes-Putin-Obama-Davutoglu

WORLD WAR 3 PANIC: Defiant Turkey says it will 'shoot down Russian or US jets'
    Posted

The media is usually quiet on the news front esp sunday,having their day of rest,but it still goes on under the radar.

In the meantime.

https://www.rt.com/news/318999-yemen-famine-unicef-saudi/

Humanitarian catastrophe: UNICEF says 537,000 Yemeni children at risk of malnutrition

• Like 1
    Posted

The media is usually quiet on the news front esp sunday,having their day of rest,but it still goes on under the radar.

In the meantime.

https://www.rt.com/news/318999-yemen-famine-unicef-saudi/

Humanitarian catastrophe: UNICEF says 537,000 Yemeni children at risk of malnutrition

Indeed this genocide going on Saudi led.. But where did their planes and bombs come from? and continue to come from? Yes the UK 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/470730/World-War-3-panic-Turkey-shoot-down-Russia-US-planes-Putin-Obama-Davutoglu

WORLD WAR 3 PANIC: Defiant Turkey says it will 'shoot down Russian or US jets'

Good for them! Stay out of Turkish airspace? Simples.

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

There's a story in the Mail now, about a drunken woman, passed out in Saudi Arabia.

My Dad worked in the Middle East between about 1976 and 1982 (he also worked in Libya afterwards and was unable to leave the country for about a year when tensions increased with the West) He is very cynical about the Saudis' attitude and says they were quite willing to have "off the radar" drink parties. Utter hypocrisy, as I see it and another reason why I despise the country.

Off subject, but he also tells me about when he passed through Dubai Airport in the late 70's, and the customs area was literally a hut. :) For people who've been to the airport in recent years, how much has changed! :D

Edited by Steve C
    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Laughable anti terror policies from Cameron Parents to take passports from children. Err they can already do that. Banning internet access totally unworkable and one banning convicted jihadists from working with children. They may manage that one. Apparently councils are all ready using powers stopping young people from flying out to join ISIS. I say let them go we don't want them and don't let them back in.

Posted

I say let them go we don't want them and don't let them back in.

They are fleeing Syria now though heading back into Europe disguising themselves.

The Humiliation Is Complete: ISIS Fighters Cut Off Beards And Run Away As Russia, Iran Close In.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-16/humiliation-complete-isis-fighters-cut-beards-and-run-away-russia-iran-close

Other news.

'They don't care who gets killed': Ex-drone pilot turned whistleblower to RT.

https://www.rt.com/usa/318942-bryant-drone-pilot-whistleblower/

• Like 1
    Posted

spoke to RT of the horrors of indiscriminate killing from a safe distance.

I read that and thought how odd for RT to be commenting on Russia's use of cruise missiles. Must be an agent prococateur planted in the state propaganda machine I thought.

Edited by knocker
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I see the MCB isn't happy about the new proposals which includes closing mosques that are involved in extremism apparently. Pity they don't come up with their own strategy then.

• Like 1
    Posted

I read that and thought how odd for RT to be commenting on Russia's use of cruise missiles. Must be an agent prococateur planted in the state propaganda machine I thought.

Whistleblowers are hero`s,but are demonized in the UK and US as state secrets are leaked out.

State propaganda in the UK/US far worse.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2015/10/15/podcast-us-whistleblower-brandon-bryant-on-germanys-role-in-americas-drone-wars/

Edited by Snowyowl9
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Upping the ante?

Whatever the rights or wrongs of this conflict and whichever way they try to dress it up, a terrorist is a terrorist moderate or otherwise.  Surely this will only add fat to the fire?

These weapons are only a danger to ground operations apparently and cannot harm aircraft pilots.   One wonders if this is only the start of such deliveries?  

http://globalriskinsights.com/2015/10/obama-ups-the-ante-in-syria-with-tow-missiles/

Edited by Blitzen