Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

The Middle East...where Are Events Taking Us?

Posted

Not sure yet, but the mods on here haven't noticed this one yet, so if it turns out to be true, they 'might' let it stay

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no other description for what is happening other than war crime and genocide.   Israel is technically the occupying force on Gaza and as such is duty bound to protect civilians.   Complet

The scenes in Gaza look like the aftermath of a nuclear bomb, utter devastation. The Israelis telling people to go back to their homes in northern Gaza as its "safe", what are they supposed to go back

Reported on the BBC too... An air strike on an army camp has killed three soldiers, the Syrian government says, blaming the US-led coalition for the attack. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-

Posted Images

Posted

Right, so the NW mods are now a part of this international conspiracy?

Do any of you ever take a look ar what you're posting?

Yes, do you ever think to just ignore someone who you don't agree with?

Posted

Yes, do you ever think to just ignore someone who you don't agree with?

Not when they're questioning the integrity of decent people, who give their time so that I can do something I enjoy.

Posted

Not when they're questioning the integrity of decent people, who give their time so that I can do something I enjoy.

I'm the one who has his integrity constantly chipped at.

There is a very nasty vein running through this forum at the minute and I see to be on the end of most of the ridicule and bullying.

If I post something which people don't agree with, instead of being asked why I think in such a way (ie, having a discussion) I get people questioning my mental state and whether I'm taking drugs!!! How the hell would that make you feel?

I've been on here almost 10 years now and have never been made to feel like quitting as I am doing now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Lighten up, CH; we all need accept a bit of needling once in a while? :)

Posted

Lighten up, CH; we all need accept a bit of needling once in a while? :)

Yes, but it's been incessant the past couple of weeks, it's getting me down

Posted

Cover Up as Tory Government Won’t Publish the Legal Basis They Used For Syrian Airstrikes on British Citizens.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/government-refuses-to-publish-legal-basis-for-air-strikes-on-syria-a6687006.html

I don't think the public will care one bit whether it was legal or not. I certainly don't, they got what they deserved. I hope the UK government wipes out more of this sub-human scum. As for British citizens once you go to fight for IS you obviously have no respect for human rights and IMO have by that action given up your citizenship. The media trying to bring about some faux outrage will fall on deaf ears. Nobody cares and if you did a poll I think most would be in the same position as me.

• Like 4
    Posted

I don't think the public will care one bit whether it was legal or not. I certainly don't, they got what they deserved. I hope the UK government wipes out more of this sub-human scum. As for British citizens once you go to fight for IS you obviously have no respect for human rights and IMO have by that action given up your citizenship. The media trying to bring about some faux outrage will fall on deaf ears. Nobody cares and if you did a poll I think most would be in the same position as me.

I agree with the killing and destroying of ISIS wholeheartedly, but the hypocrisy of NATO is really stunning!

Also their pride as to not trying to work with Russia, is not helping matter. Surely two superpowers would be better than one?

• Like 1
    Posted

I agree with the killing and destroying of ISIS wholeheartedly, but the hypocrisy of NATO is really stunning!

Also their pride as to not trying to work with Russia, is not helping matter. Surely two superpowers would be better than one?

I think you can count in loads of countries in terms of hypocrisy. If the UK or the USA had some big naval base and a strategic interest in a country they'd be doing the same as Russia. I have no time for Putin and think he's a dictator but he certainly doesn't need to take a lecture from the West regarding morality or doing the right thing.

• Like 1
    Posted

I think you can count in loads of countries in terms of hypocrisy. If the UK or the USA had some big naval base and a strategic interest in a country they'd be doing the same as Russia. I have no time for Putin and think he's a dictator but he certainly doesn't need to take a lecture from the West regarding morality or doing the right thing.

i don't trust Putin, not at all. But I do admire that he's actually taking a lead and doing something about ISIS. 

It's still widely thought that America created and funded ISIS and that may be to do with the fact that ISIS is still around.

Either that or it just that America isn't very good at war? :-P

Posted

i don't trust Putin, not at all. But I do admire that he's actually taking a lead and doing something about ISIS. 

It's still widely thought that America created and funded ISIS and that may be to do with the fact that ISIS is still around.

Either that or it just that America isn't very good at war? :-P

I don't know who thinks that. Very briefly the buds of ISIS started flowering in the 1990s in Iraq and it became an affiliate of al-Queda who had their HQ in Afghanistan at the time. They actually fell out with Bin Laden and his inner circle over methods involving the brutality towards the Sunni tribes. In any case their leadership was wiped by the US in 2006. They rose from the ashes due in no small matter to charismatic leader but it's all very involved. They were then part of the general Jihadist movement involving Yemen, Mali, Somalia Iraq and Syria.and still had a complex arrangement with al-Queda.

It's all very complex particularly the connections with el-Queda and other Jihadist movements so this brief comment  in no way paints the full picture so if anyone suggests that they were created and funded by the Americans I would certainly ask for some convincing evidence because I don't think there is a grain of truth in it.

Edited by knocker
    • Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

If Cameron votes yes to airstrikes in Syria, it will only increase the likelihood of WW3 as jets are getting more and more difficult to conduct due to congestion. Syria is a small country.

• Like 1

If Cameron votes yes to airstrikes in Syria, it will only increase the likelihood of WW3 as jets are getting more and more difficult to conduct due to congestion. Syria is a small country.

No I doubt it, see my post 331 on the Russia thread.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

That would not be WW3. The worst case scenario is that Syria turns into Vietnam or Korea whereby the Soviets and Americans were shooting each other in other countries and via proxies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

That would not be WW3. The worst case scenario is that Syria turns into Vietnam or Korea whereby the Soviets and Americans were shooting each other in other countries and via proxies.

Quite possibly :sigh:

I would have thought collectively we would have learnt by now how silly this type of war is.

Edited by alexisj9
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34502545

Russia summoned Britain's defence attache in Moscow to explain reports that RAF pilots had been authorised to shoot down Russian aircraft in the Middle East, the Foreign Office says.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/raf-given-green-light-shoot-133352631.html#QlRvDH1

RAF given green light to shoot down hostile Russian jets in Syria Edited by pip22
    Posted

Quite possibly :sigh:

I would have thought collectively we would have learnt by now how silly this type of war is.

Strategic interests.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Strategic interests.

Is this the sort of thing you are referring to SB?

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/Middleeastweb/snapshot/GolanHeights.htm

Of course, now we have the huge oil discovery in the Golan Heights announced last week.

I'm sure I read an article a few months back about huge investments in the area by the likes of Bush Snr., Chaney, Murdoch, Halliburton?

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/huge-oil-discovery-in-golan-heights-can-make-israel-energy-self-sufficient/2015/10/07/

Edited by Blitzen
    • Like 2
    Posted

A couple of comments bottom of the link below.

Should be very grateful to be spared the mindless bloody MSM “jargon†in the posts submitted here. Ergo: There is no such thing as a “regime†in Syria, OK? Assad is Syria’s democratically elected President, period. The term “regime†should be used exclusively against the enemy — e.g. the Anglo regime, the Saudi regime, the Zionazi regime, etc. Syria is ruled by its government, however the MSM may feel about that.

...Somebody needs to send your memo to RT as well: RT doesn’t seem to understand that the term ‘regime’ is used as a pejorative to imply illegimacy and gov by force in the current MSM context. They should use the term “government†and not inadvertently collude with the trash corporate media’s propaganda terminology. Anytime the Western MSM want to delegitimize a government they use the term “regimeâ€, yet when they refer to their allies or vassals they use the term “governmentâ€; E.g. The Western MSM uses the following terminology for Iran vs Saudi Arabia: Iranian “Regime†(even though democratically elected) vs Saudi “Government†(even though it’s a medieval monarchy where the public purse is the personal property of Sheikhs).

Syrian SITREP October 10th, 2015 by John Rambo.

http://thesaker.is/syrian-sitrep-october-10th-2015-by-john-rambo/

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not Sylvester Stallone? :shok:

Posted

Is this the sort of thing you are referring to SB?

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/Middleeastweb/snapshot/GolanHeights.htm

Of course, now we have the huge oil discovery in the Golan Heights announced last week.

I'm sure I read an article a few months back about huge investments in the area by the likes of Bush Snr., Chaney, Murdoch, Halliburton?

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/huge-oil-discovery-in-golan-heights-can-make-israel-energy-self-sufficient/2015/10/07/

To be fair, Israel gained that territory in a war in which they were the victim. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

To be fair, Israel gained that territory in a war in which they were the victim. 

I wasn't disputing that fact SB.   I was merely trying to understand your reply (hence the links.)  :) 

Still not sure what you were/are referring to when you say 'strategic interest'?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

West drop weapons to rebels helping alq and ISIS as well to fight Assad. Looking more like Vietnam mk2. This isn't the way forward.

• Like 3
    Posted

I notice you put this in bold to make sure we got the message.

Should be very grateful to be spared the mindless bloody MSM “jargon†in the posts submitted here. Ergo: There is no such thing as a “regime†in Syria, OK? Assad is Syria’s democratically elected President, period.

Are you redefining 'democratically elected? I ask because at the last election last summer Assad garnered nearly 90 per cent of the vote.But wait,  there is one rather small caveat to this. The country had been in revolution for three years so polling was only carried out in areas controlled by Assad excluding the vast majority of Syrians, That naturally includes the millions forced into exile mostly living in squalid conditions in camps.

Also not forgetting that in previous elections Assad and before him his father, Hafez Assad, were elected in single candidate referendums in which voters cast yes-no ballots.

I'm not sure whether you are just naive or deliberately post this nonsense.

Edited by knocker
    • Like 1
    Posted

I notice you put this in bold to make sure we got the message.

Are you redefining 'democratically elected? I ask because at the last election last summer Assad garnered nearly 90 per cent of the vote.But wait,  there is one rather small caveat to this. The country had been in revolution for three years so polling was only carried out in areas controlled by Assad excluding the vast majority of Syrians, That naturally includes the millions forced into exile mostly living in squalid conditions in camps.

Also not forgetting that in previous elections Assad and before him his father, Hafez Assad, were elected in single candidate referendums in which voters cast yes-no ballots.

I'm not sure whether you are just naive or deliberately post this nonsense.

Did I post that no others posted that just quoting it if you can see in the link provided which is just making out a true point.

Turkey is Playing With Fire.

http://journal-neo.org/2015/10/10/turkey-is-playing-with-fire/