Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnholmes

Trevor Bailey Dies In Fire At His Home

Very sad news John, I'd just popped a post in the 'In Memory' thread as I hadn't seen this.....A great allrounder & much missed member of the TMS commentary team since living in 1999....RIP 'The Boil'

Terribly sad news, no way for anybody to go let alone a former England legend. Well before my time but I've read a lot about his feats, and I used to enjoy his stints behind the microphone on TMS.

RIP Trevor

Bish

I have a little cricket bat signed by the famous 1954-55 Ashes winning team and the signature at the bottom of the list is Trevor Bailey's.

I look at the bat from time to time and sadly the names on that list who are still with us are dwindling.

RIP Trevor

I have a little cricket bat signed by the famous 1954-55 Ashes winning team and the signature at the bottom of the list is Trevor Bailey's.

I look at the bat from time to time and sadly the names on that list who are still with us are dwindling.

RIP Trevor

Who are left? Frank Tyson is still going as far as I know but there can't be many more. Brian Statham was my hero at the time, sadly died at a relatively young age but I did see his recall against S. A. at the Oval in the 60s.. Also had the privilege of watching the greatest cover point I've ever seen in Colin Bland at the same time. Like John I've many memories of the' barnacle'.

• Some first weekend of Summer - even the pigeons don't fancy it

Gusting winds, showers and persistent rain - not the type of weather you'd usually associate with the first weekend of summer. But there will be some improvement through the weekend and into next week. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2020-06-05 21:46:10 Valid: 06/06/2020 0600 - 07/06/2020 0600 THUNDERSTORM OUTLOOK - SAT 6TH JUNE 2020 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather