London & South East England - The Yamkin Ramper Thread

snow raven

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax96s.gif

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax120s.gif

massive change from last night low heads towards us now

instead of going south giving westerly winds but cold

with 528 dam over us

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?ext=1&lat=51.37651821862349&lon=-0.18867924528301927

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/wz/pics/Rjma1201.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/wz/pics/Recm1201.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/wz/pics/Rngp1201.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/wz/pics/Rgem1201.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/wz/pics/Rukm1201.gif

all these charts are at 120 and trying to predict next week is

still a nightmare i cannot remember a time viewing charts

and trying to predict within a few days has been so hard

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_London_ens.png

big scatter 18th and 23rd

who wants to bet these are totally different on saturday

then sunday etc

i will give the boards a break for the weekend as i

like my sanity :cray:

Very good summary JP. A member of Croydon Council has an important meeting with the MetO later today - Saturday. MetO are very confident we are going to get very cold conditions. This is the reason why I believe the models went into default mode due to the Atlantic low issue. It's very unusual for the Council to have a direct meeting with the MetO :cold::help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

With no models showing any real wintry weather in the reliable time frame yet forecasters etc saying it will get colder you have to question why in this day and age with the technolgy and knoledge we have can't the models predict the correct outcome?

Those asking when the snow is going to come are proving my point about maybe being a bit more cautious ramping to avoid dissapointment especially for the kids.

I have 3 and they all love the snow but I have not mentioned the possibility for the very reason that we cannot possibly know if what is forecast in 10 days time will happen.

In answer to your question yes there is potential of winter returning as there is a large pool of cold air building over Europe and if that comes West then we will get colder and maybe snowier BUT we are talking about the middle of half term at the earliest and there is no point in ramping that until next weekend.

To give you an idea, the colder weather was initially showing for the start of next week yet now it's been moved back a week, that's how difficult it is to forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

With no models showing any real wintry weather in the reliable time frame yet forecasters etc saying it will get colder you have to question why in this day and age with the technolgy and knoledge we have can't the models predict the correct outcome?

Those asking when the snow is going to come are proving my point about maybe being a bit more cautious ramping to avoid dissapointment especially for the kids.

I have 3 and they all love the snow but I have not mentioned the possibility for the very reason that we cannot possibly know if what is forecast in 10 days time will happen.

In answer to your question yes there is potential of winter returning as there is a large pool of cold air building over Europe and if that comes West then we will get colder and maybe snowier BUT we are talking about the middle of half term at the earliest and there is no point in ramping that until next weekend.

To give you an idea, the colder weather was initially showing for the start of next week yet now it's been moved back a week, that's how difficult it is to forecast.

He's got a point i'm afraid, everything charts, forecasts, graphs all show it staying fairly mild and unsettled (NOT ANOTHER WEEK!):wallbash: and unless we see a development over half-term I think even as the huge cold, snow lover I am that may be it for a faded winter lost in December :cray: , we may get cold in March but to be honest by then I will be longing for warmer sunny days although i'll will likely ramp anyway if that were to happen! shame winter just dissappeared like that, but can it re-find itself :cc_confused:

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted

Well for those of you with a Wii, the weather forecast program is showing sleet and snow for Brighton on Tuesday and Wednesday!!! :lol:

Well, it's as good as the models at the moment! :doh:

Guest archiesmummy

I class winter as cold weather not just snow, when people say winter is over do they mean as in no more snow?

Lots of weather predictions being branded about for it to get colder and frosty next week, is that not still winter weather?????

:whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

I class winter as cold weather not just snow, when people say winter is over do they mean as in no more snow?

Lots of weather predictions being branded about for it to get colder and frosty next week, is that not still winter weather?????

:whistling:

Yes it is still winter weather, but i'm unsure whether we will even see that next week looking at the predictions and models, all subject to change though, we should see at least one crisp night surely!:help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Well the model thread getting upbeat again this afternoon. Maybe a few surprises.. Easterly back on anyone ? ? ?

Posted
Posted · Hidden by snow raven, February 12, 2011 - Mods will allow your posts when they are topic related
Hidden by snow raven, February 12, 2011 - Mods will allow your posts when they are topic related

Not sure if the MODs will allow this post, but they are limiting my posts. Some are not even getting through anymore. If you do see this post, be rest assured that I will be try and post mostly in this thread if Netweather allows them.

Posted

Been quite a contrast in mood swings on the MT throughout the week, currently looking good but more favoured for the north so hopefully as development go on we will join in but I can see it changing once again for the worse, really thought about throwing in the towel last night but GFS and ECM charts look better, will be rubbish tommorrow perhaps but oh well.:drinks:

Posted

As for the return to cold, I'm sticking to my prediction of next weekend before we know.

Edited by ajpoolshark
removed off topic content

Posted

Blimey it's quiet in here! Did anyone catch the Country Tracks forecast on the BBC earlier? I'm waiting for the Countryfile forecast later and hoping that might give us some good news! Though I see over on the model thread it's all doom and gloom again :whistling:

Posted

looks like winter's on the way out, a cool blip next week but really not that cold then mild again after the weekend. my daffs are nearly out and the forsythia is coming into flower - beautiful!

Bring on Spring!

Posted

looks like winter's on the way out, a cool blip next week but really not that cold then mild again after the weekend. my daffs are nearly out and the forsythia is coming into flower - beautiful!

Bring on Spring!

To be fair, so were mine in February 2009 - then over night on the 1st/2nd a foot of snow covered them.

And if we are being really fussy with comments of 'winter is over or on its way out' I had enough snow in April 2007 to build a (small) snowman (in my neck of the woods, I admit)- so, if by saying 'winter is on its way out' you mean no snow is forecast for the next 2 months - well - I didn't realise the models went that far.

I'm disapointed with the models - but thats the thing with the weather - only Mother Nature is in control - be happy with your life - weather, along with our age is one of the few things we have no control over!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Right guys its been a fab winter really,yes i would love one last dumping of snow but it aint going to happen.I would like to say thanks to all the guys and gals that know what there talking about and all the enjoyable posts that i have been lucky enough to read and be involved with.Yamkin you have always lifted our spirits with your Ramping and i look forward to more .I cant wait to see what next winter brings,hopefully lots of cold and snow lol.Its been fun and will see you all when the winter returns.Night all and have a fab summer x :drinks::drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Right guys its been a fab winter really,yes i would love one last dumping of snow but it aint going to happen.I would like to say thanks to all the guys and gals that know what there talking about and all the enjoyable posts that i have been lucky enough to read and be involved with.Yamkin you have always lifted our spirits with your Ramping and i look forward to more .I cant wait to see what next winter brings,hopefully lots of cold and snow lol.Its been fun and will see you all when the winter returns.Night all and have a fab summer x :drinks::drinks:

shok.gif FAMOUS LAST WORDS

gfs-1-132.png?18

doh.gif

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn18017.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn18010.png

fi but would be cold

snowbob remember the dates i told you

i still stick with them

will update fax later

http://www.weathercharts.org/wetterzentraleGFSforecast.htm

flick through these it looks like the atlantic

isnt getting through our block.

winters over ?

Guest archiesmummy

To be fair, so were mine in February 2009 - then over night on the 1st/2nd a foot of snow covered them.

And if we are being really fussy with comments of 'winter is over or on its way out' I had enough snow in April 2007 to build a (small) snowman (in my neck of the woods, I admit)- so, if by saying 'winter is on its way out' you mean no snow is forecast for the next 2 months - well - I didn't realise the models went that far.

I'm disapointed with the models - but thats the thing with the weather - only Mother Nature is in control - be happy with your life - weather, along with our age is one of the few things we have no control over!

Well said....even the weather forecasters dont know whats happening next weekend so how can people say its over? it aint over til the final wistle there is still some time before full time and you never know might go into extra time....with penalties!!!! lol

Posted

Well said....even the weather forecasters dont know whats happening next weekend so how can people say its over? it aint over til the final wistle there is still some time before full time and you never know might go into extra time....with penalties!!!! lol

Exactly!

Posted

Winters over???? pffftt :rolleyes:

Ive seen more white easters then xmas's..... the trouble with some people in here is that all they believe in is wind and rain.. probably down to the age :whistling:

Trust me.. winter always throws a spanner in at the end :p

Posted

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=fax;sess=

tomorrow nights 120 fax chart could be interesting

if our block holds and moves further West it should show us

under a fairly strong north easterly flow

this is why i am waiting until tomorrow night to try

and work out the charts

Edited by john pike

Posted

Sure some think I have been negative about my posts but at least I have never declared winter is over.

All I am saying is wait untul the weekend to see if we will know if we get another cold blast or not.

It certainly looks like it will be colder this week then last week but don't think we will see any of the white stuff but you never know.

Now let's see what this time next week brings.

Posted

Sure some think I have been negative about my posts but at least I have never declared winter is over.

All I am saying is wait untul the weekend to see if we will know if we get another cold blast or not.

It certainly looks like it will be colder this week then last week but don't think we will see any of the white stuff but you never know.

Now let's see what this time next week brings.

GFS is showing some interesting stuff.....However even if it were to verify, coastal areas would be most affected not likely to make it that far inland (precipitation that is) Still if GFS is right and the other two main models ECM and UKMO join it - It's game on for winter's final scene in the show...lol!

:drinks: