Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snowingman

Once In 10 Year Snowstorm - Usa

.. Just checked N American Charts

Almost 2/3rds of USA is expecting this MASSIVE winter Storm to hit over the next 4 days

Extreme cold -20C with up to 30 inches of snow forecast

Strong winds to boot!!

Amazing - even for USA standards - this will grab the headlines!

Looks very nasty, huge area being forecast an ice storm from 1/4" to 1" of ice! Loads of snow to areas already buried.

I think we may hear more about this storm.

.. Just checked N American Charts

Almost 2/3rds of USA is expecting this MASSIVE winter Storm to hit over the next 4 days

Extreme cold -20C with up to 30 inches of snow forecast

Strong winds to boot!!

Amazing - even for USA standards - this will grab the headlines!

Where can I find a link to N American charts??

Mrs Kiwi is off to New York, then Chicago on a business trip. Going this Sunday and coming back the following Friday. Ice and snow don't sound good for a smooth hassle free trip. Does she need to go equipped with a couple of tennis rackets??!

They have been having 1 big snow storm a week since Christmas in the north east (Boston-type area), and each time they get 12 inches of snow. Can you imagine what it would be like here? I think this storm is causing concern though, even for them.

It's begun. Whiteout conditions in Oklahoma, before the whole shebang heads northeastwards.

US snowstorms normally receive disproportionate attention in this country, given that they're usually ten a penny anyway. This event however really does has the potential to be a historic one.

Its the size of it that gets me, a huge part of U.S.A will be effected.

Off to the weather channel to view some of the conditions.

Meso

Chicago getting pounded now.

41cm of snow in Tulsa...

I have spent some time out in St Louis Last year.Decided to make the move permanent in October.Witnessed some storms then amazing lightning and the odd tornado.

I headed back to the UK in November so i could be here for Christmas,and to sort visa's out.I f there had not been a delay,i would have been back out there now.Im getting reports from friends there daily and some have had a far whack of snow,yet few miles have only had a few inches.

Not long now and the Midwest will be warming up again.

some of the pictures and videos are almost beyond belief for the conditions shown-superb pictures of the events; 30 states and over 100 million people will have been affected by it, or so the media suggest. It certainly puts our record December into perspective; its the 3rd severe winter storm for some parts this winter.

Mind you, seeing pictures of folk digging out in Chicago after 19-20 inches fell does remind me of the 35cm that fell here in a 12 hour spell, 30 November-1December.

post-847-0-37093600-1296730965_thumb.jpg

well awesome weather in the USA but I have to ask will the UK get any of that snow from across the big pond

post-3933-0-20017600-1296724097_thumb.jp

My link

Some good pics of the USA snow storm here.

And the present world wide snow cover.

BL :)

And all in the northern hemisphere bar a little island and its european neighbours....:cc_confused:

• High pressure in the driving seat until at least the end of May

High pressure continues to dominate our weather until at least early next week, with most staying dry and fine. The warm conditions will spread north, and the highest temperatures will transfer to the west as the high moves east and eventually over Scandinavia. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

More warmth and little rain in the forecast as May ends

HIgh pressure is slipping over the UK bringing settled and dry weather. Light winds before it moves away eastwards at the end of the week and the warmth extends northwards. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather