Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vortex_liam

Huge Uk Twister 2009 Just Found.

Just found this on youtube.

T*at of a driver getting underneth it. But amazing tornado

I'm sure I saw that link posted on here soon after it happened.

Maybe I am missing something here.......Oh yes the Huge Uk Twister part of the thread :lol:

Oh dear,

Its not even April yet and we have confusion between what is a twister and a funnel cloud..

Either way, if that hit ground. Im sure it would of been impressive.

Bring on the summer!.

Last year 2010 I didnt see a SINGLE! bolt of lightning. I *think* i heard a clap of thunder in the distance on one day..

What ever happened to the decent uk storms.. Shame.

Oh dear,

Its not even April yet and we have confusion between what is a twister and a funnel cloud..

Either way, if that hit ground. Im sure it would of been impressive.

Bring on the summer!.

Last year 2010 I didnt see a SINGLE! bolt of lightning. I *think* i heard a clap of thunder in the distance on one day..

What ever happened to the decent uk storms.. Shame.

I have a feeling it touched the ground :pardon: I said tornado because i was in a rush. Anyway, 2009 had few but good storms. Unlike 2010 where all i got was 1 isolated storm that lasted 8mins lol. But I'm happy i've had a sefric with alot of ic and CG that lasted around 15 mins 2 weeks ago :)

Yeah that's a funnel cloud there my friend (first vid), unless it did create some sort of swirl on the ground in which case a tornado...I wouldn't classify it as huge either to be honest. It's very similar to one I saw in Kent in 2002 (I think that was the year)...the one I saw came right down out of the cloud but did not have a condensation funnel on the ground...it was a lot more pronounced, rapidly rotating and did create an enormous gust of wind as it passed directly overhead, slamming doors and bending trees over. Was the same colour as that video too.

As for the second, wedge??? Hehehe!! Narrow stove-pipe or most probably (as we cannot see the base clearly) a narrow cone. Pretty stunning funnel though I have to say, would love to see one like that :D

Lol I've got bad vocab lol. Never seen a tornado :'( Dose dust devils count?

Any excuse for me to post this video again.

This is my opinion is one of the better videos on youtube.

Here is another tornado in Peterborough.