Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weather-history

Obama's Two Years As President

Obama's two years as President  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How has he done?

• Excellent
    • Very good
    • Good
    • OK
    • Disappointing, not lived up to the hype
    • Poor
    • Very poor
    • Terrible

Believe it or not, its now 2 years ago since Obama was sworn in as US President. How do you think he has fared in those two years?

I voted "good".

His healthcare reforms have been very bold, maybe even too much so given the economic difficulties facing the U.S. at the moment; a classic case of the right idea at the wrong time.

His biggest minuses to date are the failure to close the Guantanamo Bay detention camp, and the lack of significant progress re financial regulatory reform.

He faces a very frustrating couple of years now that the GOP (the party of "No") have reclaimed their majority following the midterms, although of course as President he can veto any attempts to repeal healthcare reforms.

I think he'll be fine come the next Presidential elections however, especially if he is up against that numpty Palin.

Bish

come to office on very high expectations that were never going to be met fully.

been hampered by the worst american econmic situation since the 1930s

likely to win next election on basis that republicans cannot find a credible candidate to unite them. Ron Paul may have been able to do the job but unlikely to run.

likely to win next election on basis that republicans cannot find a credible candidate to unite them. Ron Paul may have been able to do the job but unlikely to run.

Agree that Obama was never going to live up to all the hype.

Now I know this is shallow....and worrying (very), but I can't help finding Sarah Palin strangely attractive....in a scary sort of way!

Given what he inherited from Bush, it would take another 5/6 years to turn around the American economy and repair its standing in the world.

Sarah Palin sickens me to my core, she really shouldn't be allowed to stand for president, as some idiots may vote her! :aggressive:

I voted Very Good, he was never going to live up to the hype, but IMO he has delivered and carried out his promises, especially compared to the ConDems here (Conservatives and ConservativesLite).

Sarah Palin sickens me to my core, she really shouldn't be allowed to stand for president, as some idiots may vote her! :aggressive:

I voted Very Good, he was never going to live up to the hype, but IMO he has delivered and carried out his promises, especially compared to the ConDems here (Conservatives and ConservativesLite).

I never knew there was a Conservative-Lib Dem party before the election...

I've voted good, he has done the best he could in a very difficult situation.

I voted good. Overhyped though he has not done anything bad and is commited to ending war in Afganistan.

In regards to Republican candidates, Schwartenager has said he would run if the law could be changed to allow him to, with the Republican majority it is a real possibility.

Democrats to win next election though unless they do change the law.