Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weather-history

February CET

Maybe time to open the February CET thread

Coldest February was 1947 with -1.9C

Warmest February was 1779 with 7.9C

1961-90 average: 3.8C

1971-2000 average: 4.2C

I'm going for 3.2C

My is 4.0 cet for Feb.But could be 3.9.

4.9C.

Spring warmth at times, with some cooler/cold spells, mainly limited to the first half.

I agree with this for Feb.

I personally feel an average first half, with a much colder and snowier second half.

I will go for 2.7C.

I think a below average 3.1C

Cool start trending more zonal with possibly a warm end to the month. My forecast is 6.1°C

Lets say 4.5 for now.

Very anticyclonic month, so a big deviation between the maxima, which could be quite a bit above average and the minima which could be quite a bit below. Final week could turn very cold with easterly winds and some widespread snow, setting us up for a cold spring.

Yet another very dry month - Lets hope the weather doesn't make up for this persistent dryness during the summer. :wallbash:

This month is easier to predict than for example December 2010,or this January 2011..I think so, but who knows with this weird weather!! :yahoo::yahoo::pI think this will be mild month for you,with mostly anticyclonic weather,with one or two colder spells(which will last just few days)---so my prediction CET is 5.0°C !

Hmm very tricky one at this moment but might aswell get an early guess in so 2.5c for starters but this may get lowered or increased by the end of the month :whistling:

I think feb is going to be cold so 1.7c

2.4C for me, 2C below average. Will update on the 29th as i may change my prediction.

I'll go for 5c just above average.

I'll wait until the end of the week before I give my projected figure.

I do think it will start on the same note Jan ended. I also think it will be a month with much dry weather, every chance of some significant cold developing at some stage, when, not sure but I do foresee a wintry March..so later in the month could produce a very potent wintry spell.

I remember reading somewhere, weatheronline i think, that mild southerlies off the continent were possible for the latter part of the month and i think that isnt looking too bad a prediction at the moment. So a cold start followed by a milder second half.

4.6C

my guess is 5.2c.

I reckon we will have seen the last of the cold for the winter once we get past the 1st week of February. A gradual warm up thru' 2nd half of February, before a mild, fairly wet March.