Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

claret047

What A Week It Has Been For Me

I am not usually one to feel sorry for myself too long but this week tested me sorely.

It all started off with raging toothache two days before I had a hospital appointment. I managed to obtain an emeregency appointment with my dentist who prescribed me anti-biotics as I had an infection in my teeth root canals. He said I will have to take the anti-biotics until late Tuesday night so that it did not affect my operation on Wednesday and would have to good back to him for root treatment once my hospital operation had all been sorted out. Wednesday's operation to my lower eye lid to remove skin cancer under local anesthetic went ok but was very painful as my face did not appear to be going numb. I told the consultant aqnd subsequently ended up with a total of 5 injections. I now have a very painful swollen black eye. Thursday an awful chesty cold developed and I felt very under the weather.

This was not helped by a telephone call early that afternoon from my 85 year old mother in a distressed state to tell me a man from the "Water board" had been round to tell her that he would be replacing her next door neighbours pipework next week and needed to check that her pipework was OK. She unfortunately let him in and whilsh she was distracted with him, his accomplice went upstairs and took all her savings she had been holding at home (several hundred pounds). It is easy to be wise after the event, and these people are very persuasive, but we have have told her before not to let such people in without checking their proof of identity,and also not to keep too much money at home. The police have been very good and were quickly on the scene. In fact they were there before we travelled the 4 miles to be with her (I could not drive as I was wearing a giant eyepatch over my left eye) Luckily my mother's 81 year old brother lives with her, but she is now very nervous at being left alone and is continually shaking. She was not by any means rich, being a single parent, she spent a lot of her working life looking after her ageing parents who had long term health problems. All she received from the government was paying for her National Insurance Contributions, and only then after a great deal of hastle. I hope the scum feel satisfied with upsetting a kind hearted elderly lady and depriving her a lot of her hard come by savings. May they rot in hell!

Hi Claret

Really sorry to hear about your awful week. The people that duped your mother are indeed the Scum of the Earth.