Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wh 1081 Stopped Working

Posted

Hi, my weather station, a Fine Offset WH-1081 from Maplins has been in use for about 2 years. I use Cumulus software with it and, although it worked perfectly through the cold spell, since the new year the software was often reporting "Lost sensor contact". First opportunity I had I changed the batteries, both in the outside sensor and the inside receiver. I still have no reception of a signal from the sensor.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

If the sensor is bust, is there anywhere that sells spare sensors?

TIA

Posted

not sure if this is the same as the Watson W8681, wsplc.com have spare parts, I got a new wind vane recently, but you have the problem of telling if it's the transmitter or receiver at fault, just assuming the transmitter as it's the most vulnerable to the effects of the weather (ironic !), damp etc.

(but assume the transmit and receive may be 'paired' in case neighbours have one too ?)

Posted

not sure if this is the same as the Watson W8681, wsplc.com have spare parts, I got a new wind vane recently, but you have the problem of telling if it's the transmitter or receiver at fault, just assuming the transmitter as it's the most vulnerable to the effects of the weather (ironic !), damp etc.

(but assume the transmit and receive may be 'paired' in case neighbours have one too ?)

Thanks Verglas, I've taken it down and brought it indoors to try to troubleshoot the problem