Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Incredible Winter In Germany And Denmark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Beautiful photos!

I find the 4th photo in especially poignant, notice how they manage to drive on the roads!!! Clearly not a gritting issue - that just leads me to conclude the paralysis we suffer at times of the white stuff, is down to driver ineptitude and NOT the councils and local authorities!

Either buy snow chains, buy a car that copes on snow, or learn to navigate icy/snowy roads better, instead of vilifying the councils and local authority at the first opportunity!! I used to have a horrendous car for the snow - automatic, fat tyres - I couldn't drive anywhere in it, but I didnt blame the local/national government...the sights I witness where people try and drive in the snow is like watching a puffer fish trying to complete a rubik's cube!

Edited by Harry

Posted

A great set of photographs showing a real Winter, just like some have experienced here! Did you take the pictures yourself?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

While I can't provide any pictures, the amount of snow across continental Europe during the last week of December was incredible, following a huge dumping of snow on Christmas Eve. Most of lowland Germany, France, Belguim, Austria and Switzerland had around 2 foot of snow. Driving through Germany on my way to skiing was dangerous though, a ice on the Autobahns persisted due to the cold.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Great photos, looks real cold.

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F