Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring Bulbs?

Posted

Any reports of snowdrops and other spring bulbs making an appearance?

Nothing around here, no daffodil shoots appearing out of the the soil that I have noticed, despite the very mild spell. Could be the ground is still very cold below the surface after the severe cold of December.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Just noticed there are some tulip shoots coming from a pot out the back of the house. I was really puzzled because in the garden there is no sign of anything! Then I realised that the pot is directly underneath the outflow from the heating boiler!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Out and about there are some Snowdrops flowering around here, don't know the variety so they could be early flowering types.

In my garden they're shooting well and flower buds are appearing, average flowering time for these ones is first week of February, wait to see when they start opening their buds. Daffodil shoots are about 3 inches tall but they are planted at the base of a South facing wall. No sign of any of the wild ones which should be beginning to peek through by now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Daffodil & Tulip shoots poking through in my back garden, a couple or so inches tall

Posted

Just noticed there are some tulip shoots coming from a pot out the back of the house.

Daffodil & Tulip shoots poking through in my back garden, a couple or so inches tall

If you're both quick, you'll be able to cut them down before they have a chance to flower. Horrible bloody things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A fair few Snowdrops about in our area now and the odd Winter Aconite in selected places. Daffodil shoots up in the garden and next door's and also Bluebell shoots too.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

PS! Mr. Data, I hope you don't mind me nicking a quote of yours and attaching it to my thingie at the bottom

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

just checked our snowdrop patch, about 2" high, also daffs peeping through and something else in tubs (crocus ?) about 2" high having survived being buried in snow and having the avalanche off the conservatory roof fall on them too !.

Over the last few years we have had primroses in flower in the hedge by about xmas, but with this winter there's not a sign yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

A patch of snowdrops in the garden is just about to come into flower. There seems to be already signs of white on then despite only being 1-2 inches high. Elsewhere tulips and daffodills are just poking their heads up above ground. Everything seems on a par with this time last year but i'm hoping for slightly faster progress through February.

Posted

Any reports of snowdrops and other spring bulbs making an appearance?

Some Snowdrops and mini Daffodils flowering in sheltered, sun facing areas/plant pots in this area.

Plenty of shoots in our garden for Daffodils, Snowdrops, Crocusses and Tulips - quite surprising how quickly

they have responded after the milder 7-10 days!

Posted

TÃ¥singe Island, Denmark.

We had virtually the coldest December on record here, and yet there are eranthis shoots popping up those places where the residents don't spray chemicals, rake and dig borders that should be left alone.:diablo:

Posted

Daffys are peeking through, snowdrops are in bud and a very brave primrose has been flowering since December!

Elsewhere in the garden the Magnolia Stellata is ready to burst and strut her stuff and a the Peonys are showing signs of life! :)

The weeds have also been very busy under the snow and ice :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The first snowdrops, in sheltered south facing sites, are just beginning to show signs of colour on the low ground around here. At the same location the first Crocus flowers were out on Feb' 11th last year, and in 2009, and as early as January 17th in 2007; this year, so far, they are barely 1cm out of the soil.

Posted

Snowdrops showing their white heads now. They've grown amazingly fast in the past week, from 1cm up 6-7cm.