Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Winter/Spring Weather Discussion Part 6

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Cheers cookie!

No real change from the models. Cold frosty nights, bright sunny days for the foreseeable future, temps a few degrees below average, mainly due to the minima. Pleasant winter weather I guess, nothing extreme or exciting in the offing...

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Cheers cookie!

No real change from the models. Cold frosty nights, bright sunny days for the foreseeable future, temps a few degrees below average, mainly due to the minima. Pleasant winter weather I guess, nothing extreme or exciting in the offing...

That sums it up well. At least some ground and air frosts are better then mild zonal muck. Things could be better but they could be alot worse.

Current temp here 2.0c

Posted

Well eventaully this could get extreme as each night gets colder and colder etc each day will be colder can't see me getting above 3c tomorrow.

Posted

Cloud has finally cleared!yahoo.gif 2.1c sadly lets see if we can get some epic temp drops , lets try -5c for the morning that would be a possible ice day..

Edited by kimmirut

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

a beautiful sunny crisp day. max temp today 5.6c.

a lovely calm starry night with a full moon. frosty and icy already, current outside temp -0.2c.

Posted

Current conditions:

Temperature: 0.6c.

Wind: None.

Weather: Clear skies.yahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Humdity: 81%

Hopefully -5c when i wake up mmm.

Posted

I spend a bit of time up near the airport, and in late December, when it was -1 at my house 2 miles away, it was -6 at the airport according to my car (HARDLY SCIENTIFIC!!!)... I think it's just that it's on higher ground than the surrounding area, and in the middle of a large flat plain (plane? No pun intended!) so more exposed? All I know is the evenings I spend near the airport are most likely the coldest of my week!

Disappointed with tonight's charts too... Has anyone any links to predictive charts for February yet?? Let's call it clutching at straws!

Posted

It was -1c and then it clouded over and now it's rainging with a dew point of 0.5c just face this cold spell isn't going to get anywhere ughh so angry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I spend a bit of time up near the airport, and in late December, when it was -1 at my house 2 miles away, it was -6 at the airport according to my car (HARDLY SCIENTIFIC!!!)... I think it's just that it's on higher ground than the surrounding area, and in the middle of a large flat plain (plane? No pun intended!) so more exposed? All I know is the evenings I spend near the airport are most likely the coldest of my week!

Disappointed with tonight's charts too... Has anyone any links to predictive charts for February yet?? Let's call it clutching at straws!

First week of February I'd put money on being the pivotal point for a colder themed month, models won't get a grasp til later this week.

It was -1c and then it clouded over and now it's rainging with a dew point of 0.5c just face this cold spell isn't going to get anywhere ughh so angry

Well, we did warn you that snowfall was unlikely, only wintry above 300m for a select period of time, then uppers become too warm after Tuesday but nights will be cold and frosty.

Posted

First week of February I'd put money on being the pivotal point for a colder themed month, models won't get a grasp til later this week.

Well, we did warn you that snowfall was unlikely, only

wintry above 300m for a select period of time, then uppers

become too warm after Tuesday but nights will be cold and

frosty.

Right well if that isn't fer happening then I want extreme cold .. But that aint gonna happen temp dropping VERY slowly

Posted

This is my winter forecast for the February period (wrote in November), interesting to see if it does come to fruition.

I did have January ending with a HP from the last week, but an Azores ridge into the SW rather than building pressure over Ireland.

FEBRUARY:

Beginning settled in the South and West with the North and East colder and more unsettled with some snowfall for Scotland and NE England. To end the first week High pressure will begin to develop to our Northwest introducing a colder Northeasterly flow for all areas of the UK with some further significant accumulations likely in Northeastern areas as the cold air pools to our NE and spills down over the UK. I expect this colder period to last for 8-12 days with the winds veering between North and Easterly directions during the period, bringing snowfall to most areas of the UK with only the far SW liable to remain the driest. During the second half we will see a breakdown of the colder weather to be replaced with LP to the South and West of the UK, possibility of a snowy breakdown most likely in Central and Northern areas. Once again I expect the jet stream to appear over head or slightly North of the UK meaning a Westerly dominant regime for us all. Temperatures will be generally be average-slightly mild in the latter half and rainfall could be exceptional for Southwestern areas, especially Wales and Ireland. So an unsettled end to February seems most likely with the far North and Hills having the likelihood of seeing any wintry precipitation.

Posted

Ok so cold again febuary you say proper cold?? Lol anyhow temp has tumbled 0c in twenty mins the shower mustve dine that Aw well we are back on track hopefully that's the last of the cloud

Posted

Ok so cold again febuary you say proper cold?? Lol anyhow temp has tumbled 0c in twenty mins the shower mustve dine that Aw well we are back on track hopefully that's the last of the cloud

Overall an average month, or just under, but I think we'll be looking NE come first week of February and for a week or so thereafter a continuation of N/E variables until a breakdown occurs from the SW by early mid month, with exceptional rainfall in Ireland and SW UK late February.

Posted

Overall an average month, or just under, but I think we'll be looking NE come first week of February and for a week or so thereafter a continuation of N/E variables until a breakdown occurs from the SW by early mid month, with exceptional rainfall in Ireland and SW UK late February.

Ok I'll take a ne that's the best fer me cuz then I get a the heavy showersbut I hope Its a cold ne lol

Posted

The 18z tonight starting to support your theory watcher... Less bleak anyway!

I head off for my annual dose of Alpine snow next weekend for 7 days, hopefully I come home to somewhat similar weather!

The next 48 hours will prove more, but tomorrow's charts will be interesting... Roll on!

Current temp here 1.4 and falling slowly, humidity 82%. Beautiful calm winters night.

Posted

Low of -2c 0c now with some black ice from yesterdays showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Very frosty and icy walking in to college this morning. Clear blue skies now with little or no wind and about 6C.

Posted

4.7c

very little wind, gusting to 6/7mph

86% humidity, bit of frost this morning.

1030.2hPa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

A lovely day ,clear bright and sunny. Frost this morning,overnight low of -0.7c

Current temp 3.5c

Posted

High of 3.5c today lovely and sunny. Right now its 2.9c and dropping.. Is it just me or does it feel like its summer right now its 2.9c and it feels like a 15c day in summer its not cold at all it seems very weak cold lol. Its kinda depressing that the winters nearly over.

Current Conditons:

Temperature: 2.9c

Humdity: 80%

Cloud Cover: None

Wind Speed: 0mph.

Weather: Sunny.

High: 3.5c.

Min: -2c.

Expecting low temps tonight if no cloud or wind comes into effect would love -8c...

Edited by kimmirut

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

High of 3.5c today lovely and sunny. Right now its 2.9c and dropping.. Is it just me or does it feel like its summer right now its 2.9c and it feels like a 15c day in summer its not cold at all it seems very weak cold lol. Its kinda depressing that the winters nearly over.

Current Conditons:

Temperature: 2.9c

Humdity: 80%

Cloud Cover: None

Wind Speed: 0mph.

Weather: Sunny.

High: 3.5c.

Min: -2c.

Expecting low temps tonight if no cloud or wind comes into effect would love -8c...

You really do have very high expectations mate.

Frost hollow or no frost hollow there's not a chance you will get close to -8C in this set up. The cold is weak, and I would actually be VERY surprised if you achieved lower than -3C tonight.

I won't be expecting even the most extreme frost hollow to dip below -4C tonight.

-8C is out of the question. The wind is even Westerly.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

You really do have very high expectations mate.

Frost hollow or no frost hollow there's not a chance you will get close to -8C in this set up. The cold is weak, and I would actually be VERY surprised if you achieved lower than -3C tonight.

I won't be expecting even the most extreme frost hollow to dip below -4C tonight.

-8C is out of the question. The wind is even Westerly. Meaning it's coming in off a relatively warm Irish Sea.

I can guarntee you it will in castlederg it always does and i'll post a reply to this again when it does! I don't live in the west of england so i can't get effected by the irish sea infact the irish sea is about 100 miles from me!! And i don't really have high expectations i always get -5c here it isn't very hard to get here because of how far north i am and that i am in a frost hollow, its high for you though because you struggle to even get -2c.blum.gif

Edited by kimmirut