Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm reports monday 10th May

Paul

Posted

Please post your reports here... Don't forget that by posting here you will be included in the storm league table which will run throughout the storm season :)

Posted

There is storm activity starting here right now, there has already been some loud rumbles and it is now raining here.

Plus the TV signal keeps getting pure interference, so there must be more storms around.

This one has formed to my northeast and moved south catching my area in the process.

Posted

Heavy rain starting here, and its as black as night

I think we're in for a storm!

WOAH torrential rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Thunder now being heard, and its very muggy with torrential rain...

Posted

Daz, this will be the storm I just had.

It will move south towards you're area now.

Expect to be hearing some loud thunder rolls soon.

I'm in Darwen at the moment MSL.

Posted

heard 1 clap so far, and it was distant. The rain is torrential, i got sum video footage (about 5 secs coz my batteries are out)

LIGHTNING!!!!

lol and immense thunder roll.......

woah, biggie, rain just turned heavier

I need to talk to sum1 about the video, i may need to turn PC off soon coz of lightning...

Posted

Large rumble of thunder here just now also, it went on for ages as the sound bounced off the hills and valleys.

It was like being near a bass box, My shirt was vibrating off my chest because of the sound.

Posted

Just had a few big rumbles of thunder.No rain yet,just really humid with hazy sunshine.

Posted

Rain easing, but it was torrential, never seen anything like that b4. Only 3 rumbles of thunder and 1 lightning to report, but it was active and moving S through Manchester. Wow, never expected this.

More lightning and thunder just now :p rain nearly stopped

Posted

Im at th end of the storm now, but there is more thunder and lightning than during the torrential rain. This storm will be HUGE when the afternoon is out.

Posted

WOW.I've never seen anything like this before :roll: :roll: I'm inside a few feet from the window which is closed and I can see the rain!Massive thunder and flashes of lightning and the drains are now overflowing!

Posted

Water is pouring through the door and flooding my house drains have overflown,other houses have flooded and it's chaos and the lights are flickering.I dont like this :p

I had the unique view of living in Whaley Bridge (South Manchester), I actually saw the strom from the East side, Its HUGE...Didnt notice it until 1sh when it started developing, heard 2 rumbles of thunder, but its side-swiped my location, man the clouds were just exploding earlier on, can still see it even now, cells developing in my area too, no rain though, shame I wasnt inside the storm-oh well loose some win some..

Posted

Finished now but all the waters still pouring down the mountain and theres police everywhere.Parts of tarmarc in the roads have been ripped out :shock: and we're clearing up the water in my house from the clogged drain by the door.

Posted

It WAS nasty Tim.The rives close to overflowing and it only lasted half-hour.The garden is caked in dirt and theres have about 15 soaking towels to wash from cleaning the flooded kitchen floor :p

Posted

Yes another very good photo from you Sue. Your making me jealous with 'em. Sounded and looks like a quality storm. =D> =D> =D>

Posted

Great pictures Sue. I am listening to Tay FM over th internet and they were mentioning about the storms in Perth there. Cool pictures - you've turned out to be a really valuable member of this forum...Well done you! =D>