Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mezzacyclone

Nea - New Enterprise Allowance

Now I`m sure we all recall the 80`s Enterprise Allowance Scheme created to help equip the new self-employed into creating new businesses and follow-on Jobs through growth?

The latest guise has been renamed NEA - New Enterprise Allowance but shows little difference to the previous, so those of you seeing it as another spin PR winner or positive step please reply with your thoughts?

Media link Here

Behind the bells,whistles,smoke and shadows lies the fact that you have to be unemployed for at least 6 months to be legible for the £2000 grant/loan (unclear as to which?) and dedicated mentor who has to confirm the business plan is viable, but realistically can someone please say to me how many potential new business starters have the true dedication, commitment and skills to start a business up after wallowing on the dole queue for 6 month?

The government knows full well that wont be nowhere near as many if the scheme was open to ALL?

The NEA is pioneering in merseyside with country-wide rollout planned in Autumn, we shall see,,,,?

It is a fruitless exercise unless the initiative becomes involved with the Transition Towns movement.

I seriously worry for you PP.

I wondered what you meant by "Transition Town Movement" so I googled it, and the first link I looked at described transition towns evolving "when a small collection of motivated individuals within a community come together with a shared concern: how can our community respond to the challenges, and opportunities, of Peak Oil and Climate Change?"

Is there any subject safe from your peak oil views, and do you ever worry about your obsession with it? Could you explain why this initiative is doomed to failure unless is involves something to do with transition towns?