Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted

I think quite a few people will be leaving this group after the weekend

but hopefully I'm here to staydrinks.gif

We're in this together Donna. Wivenhoe had a few drops of rain in the early hours. Our only chance is when that band of rain heads west tomorrow, but it'll probably run through first thing before convective activity really gets going. Pah!

Posted

Yes, welcome Chris. Please don't stay too long though, you usually end up with a few bitter people sitting around mumbling to themselves. Like me when looking at the CAPE charts for today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Yes, welcome Chris. Please don't stay too long though, you usually end up with a few bitter people sitting around mumbling to themselves. Like me when looking at the CAPE charts for today.

Ah, Wivenhoe; my aunt used to live there! Thanks for the welcome.

Posted

Miserable failure yet again here.

As usual east and west of here have had storms this weekend and all weve had is moderate rain and the most distant of rumbles of strikes, what does it take to get an overhead storm or at least one not 20 miles away or more these days.

Rant over.

Posted

Can I remain a member? A couple of flashes & 1 rumble last night & just heavy rain tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Spanish Plume?

Yes for some it has been good but not for a lot of us.

Here though absolutely nothing...not one flash, not one rumble. Crap...about as exciting and eventful as watching paint dry. Pathetic.

The almost 3 year wait for a decent storm goes on. Rant over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Can I remain a member? A couple of flashes & 1 rumble last night & just heavy rain tonight?

Course you can Dave lol :winky:. I feel your pain. Make yourself at home for now, but we still have the Summer to go.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

Im still in this club :-( been 3 years now since I saw a storm ( I have lived in this flat for 3 years thinks it's a curse haha)

Posted

Does a 15 minute shower at the start of April with moderate rain and two flashes discount me from here? You see, nothing's went right for me over the last few weeks. The third event where we were in the risk zone, but missed out has just taken place.

Why is it so hard to get storms for me? Why do I have a feeling I'll miss out for the rest of this year? Not guaranteed at all, but it's a hunch. :(

Posted

some of you are really amusing, you see lightning, hear thunder, but its still not classed as a thunderstorm!

Best you read the official definition or change the title of the thread I think?

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

I'm still here, heard or seen nothing since December '10. Maybe today is the day I leave this club and hand in my unwanted membership.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

When I took this flat on, the landlady said- "you're in the perfect spot for thunderstorms."

18 months on and still yet to see one. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Posted

When I took this flat on, the landlady said- "you're in the perfect spot for thunderstorms."

It was a curse, obviously. I'm so sorry. :(

Nah, I'm sure you'll see something at some point this year.

Posted

I'm still here, heard or seen nothing since December '10. Maybe today is the day I and hand in my unwanted membership.

Good Luck hope you leave this club I all reday have on Friday Night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

I am no longer a member of this club as of Friday night! Some torrential rain, frequent green forked lightning but not very loud thunder (you can't have it all I suppose) saw to that! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I'm outta the club!! Intense little thunderstorm just moved through, complete with a gust front :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I am no longer a member of this club as of Friday night! Some torrential rain, frequent green forked lightning but not very loud thunder (you can't have it all I suppose) saw to that! :D

Yay :yahoo:

Well done! hopefully more to come in the next couple of days :D

I'm outta the club!! Intense little thunderstorm just moved through, complete with a gust front :D

Brilliant, it's all looking good :winky:

Good Luck hope you leave this club I all reday have on Friday Night

Nice one Stu. grrrrrrr :lol:

Hmmm, I'd move if I were you Lol :wallbash:

Does a 15 minute shower at the start of April with moderate rain and two flashes discount me from here? You see, nothing's went right for me over the last few weeks. The third event where we were in the risk zone, but missed out has just taken place.

Why is it so hard to get storms for me? Why do I have a feeling I'll miss out for the rest of this year? Not guaranteed at all, but it's a hunch. :(

It's hard for me too Johnny.:cray:

Oh Well all, still plenty of time left yet........:whistling:

Posted

Still here... That storm Alza experienced was a tad to far west for me, wish i could say i heard the thunder but alas no.. If it had been night-time I no doubt would have seen a flash or two, but would that constitute me in leaving the No Storms Club?

Posted

I had about 3/4 rumbles from a small storm about this time yesterday so that officialy removes my membership of the No Storm Club *Dances* :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

some of you are really amusing, you see lightning, hear thunder, but its still not classed as a thunderstorm!

Best you read the official definition or change the title of the thread I think?

Never fear, John - I'm in here for real; I haven't seen lightning or heard thunder this calendar year yet; as soon as I do, I'll be more than happy to hand-in my membership card!:rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

A few heavy showers today, but sadly still waiting for my first rumble of the year never mind first storm. Annnnnnnnnnnnd the wait goes on.....sigh!

Our time will come...it surely must.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'm still in here for 2011, haven't heard any thunder since the 9th September 2010. It really has been a remarkably convection-free period for Norwich since the 30th November (the day when that infamous dry corridor between two areas of snow showers became established) and I didn't see a single cumulonimbus cloud between the 10th January and 2nd April inclusive. My "cumulonimbus drought" ended on the 3rd April but I still await thundery activity of any kind.