Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick L

The Farce Of 2022...

So, Sepp Blatter EXPECTS, not hopes, EXPECTS the 2022 World Cup to be held in the winter.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9297416.stm

He makes it sound so simple....

But how on earth is this going to fit in with the domestic season? It will take 4 weeks out for the tournament alone, then we have AT LEAST 2 weeks prior to the tournament for training, plus a recuperation period after the tournament. It could take at least 2 months out of the normal season. What an absolute disgrace this is turning out to be.

If FIFA knew this was going to be such an issue, why on Earth did they allow Qatar to have it in the first place?

Premier League bosses are unhappy about it, and rightly so:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9349696.stm

Sepp Blatter knew exactly what he was doing when Qatar were awarded the 2022 world cup................... Any excuse to F&%* over the English! He does this at every opportunity, the sooner he goes the better!

Rant over!

:nonono:

Sepp Blatter knew exactly what he was doing when Qatar were awarded the 2022 world cup................... Any excuse to F&%* over the English! He does this at every opportunity, the sooner he goes the better!

Rant over!

:nonono:

Exactly - the result of the vote indicates Blatter's attitude to the English FA. The pronouncement a couple of days ago about English domestic teams playing too many games in a season was part of the same attack - look out for a FIFA proposal to reduce the Premier League to 14 teams (or fewer) within a few weeks and change the dates of the English season, even if he doesn't have the power to enforce either.

Won't just effect the English league. You've got the champions league which will also be disrupted. The TV sponsorship may not like the idea idea either. Can't see it happening to be honest.

Won't just effect the English league. You've got the champions league which will also be disrupted. The TV sponsorship may not like the idea idea either. Can't see it happening to be honest.

UEFA can't be happy with this surely? The whole saga is a joke and should never have been allowed to happen.

Exactly - the result of the vote indicates Blatter's attitude to the English FA. The pronouncement a couple of days ago about English domestic teams playing too many games in a season was part of the same attack - look out for a FIFA proposal to reduce the Premier League to 14 teams (or fewer) within a few weeks and change the dates of the English season, even if he doesn't have the power to enforce either.

That wouldnt go ahead surely, reducing the premier league to 14 teams?

They want all top flights in Europe to be reduced. But the Premier League is fiercely opposed to the idea thankfully.

They want all top flights in Europe to be reduced. But the Premier League is fiercely opposed to the idea thankfully.

Has to stay that way, could you imagine the uproar if it was reduced? Clubs like us would go back down

Has to stay that way, could you imagine the uproar if it was reduced? Clubs like us would go back down

If it did happen there would be a two-tier Premier League I would imagine, it was briefly suggested a few years ago but quickly binned. It would be a perfect league for us - too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Premier League!

The Championship wouldn't suddenly expand to 30 teams. I would expect there to be two Premier League tiers of 14 or 16, with the extra teams being taken from the Football League.

If it did happen there would be a two-tier Premier League I would imagine, it was briefly suggested a few years ago but quickly binned. It would be a perfect league for us - too good for the Championship but not good enough for the Premier League!

The Championship wouldn't suddenly expand to 30 teams. I would expect there to be two Premier League tiers of 14 or 16, with the extra teams being taken from the Football League.

Perfect for us, but a 20 team premier league makes it what it is, keeps it exciting, lets hope nothing changes.

Why not it's four teams anyway so what difference would it make. More money would have to be awarded to the top four of course to make up for the loss of earnings while the rest can rot.

The whole business of awarding the world cup to Qatar stinks of corruption, and Sepp Blatter is right up there amongst the worst of them. Backhanders galore. If they were deciding where the Winter Olympics were to be held they would choose the Sahara in the middle of summer if the money was right.

It's about time UEFA and the South American Football Confederation joined forces and challenged the power of FIFA then we would really see the s### fly!

Why not it's four teams anyway so what difference would it make. More money would have to be awarded to the top four of course to make up for the loss of earnings while the rest can rot.

Because the league is fine as it is? 20 teams makes an entertaining league, while 14 doesnt imo.

What 4 teams are those then? Liverpool are certainly no longer a Big 4 side. And with Spurs and City seemingly breaking into the Champions League places the old Big 4 seems to have crumbled.

Thought I would bring this thread back to talk about the balls up that FIFA are making, tbh I don't have any answers but lots of questions.

Are there any people running for the FIFA Presidency not under investigation for corruption by FIFA ?.

Are there any members of FIFA that are not Corrupt ?

If we know that the 2022 and 2018 awards were corrupt why on earth are they not being re-done. ?

Why does Football seem to attract the very worst people ?

I would say its a joke but really it's beyond a joke.

Thought I would bring this thread back to talk about the balls up that FIFA are making, tbh I don't have any answers but lots of questions.

Are there any people running for the FIFA Presidency not under investigation for corruption by FIFA ?.

Are there any members of FIFA that are not Corrupt ?

If we know that the 2022 and 2018 awards were corrupt why on earth are they not being re-done. ?

Why does Football seem to attract the very worst people ?

I would say its a joke but really it's beyond a joke.

Can anyone trust Fifa investigating Fifa?

Not me.

It's pretty similar to holding court in a jail isn't it.?

Still the Fifa members can make more money by accepting bribes for how they want the investigation into bribery to go.

Hope that's not an unlawful comment to make....

It seems fairly simple to me, FIFA is a discredited disreputable gaggle of chancers overseen by a bunch of crooks who'd sell their granny for £10. I absolutely agree with the previous post that suggests the better run, (and lets be honest, most important), federations, Europe and South America, should grab this perfect opportunity to ditch FIFA. When was the last time we had a World Cup finalist from outside those two federations anyway ?

With so many folk involved in apparent underhand dealings its hard to see how FIFA can do the necessary checks and be believed. The problem is who does it then? As above perhaps the main football federations should do it but is that legal? Would it be possible, at this late stage, to rerun the decisions for 2018 and 2022?

I have no idea about any of the questions I've raised but football, full stop, seems plagued at most levels, especially at the top, by severe problems.

I was amused the other day when I got an error message while playing FIFA 11 saying "Your FIFA online pass is corrupt" - FIFA and corrupt are two things that frequently go together it seems.

ha! it would seem so

The problem at the moment is that UEFA seems to be as corrupt as FIFA. Would anyone with a love for English football give Michel Platini any more power?

If you give 220 odd people an equal voice, especially when many of the come from "pseudo" countries anyway, you can never get a fair outcome, as relatively small sums of money by European standards, can buy a huge amount of influence.

The problem at the moment is that UEFA seems to be as corrupt as FIFA. Would anyone with a love for English football give Michel Platini any more power?

If you give 220 odd people an equal voice, especially when many of the come from "pseudo" countries anyway, you can never get a fair outcome, as relatively small sums of money by European standards, can buy a huge amount of influence.

I think our only hope is for the major Football Associations of the world to pull out of FIFA. Would that be possible though?

I wonder how corrupt the Prem and fa are?? Or are they just incompetent?