Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatchMyDrift

The Far North Of England - Cold Spell Discussion Part 12

Nice to see you ended our last topic after 666 posts CMD. Gentle, subtle reminders...

No Snow here, but one of the mates up Wearhead says he's been pasted today, Ski-ing up Burnhope tomorrow? Happy times again :D Ironic that the milder air gives the snow...

heavy rain here washed it all away.the paths are lethal though.

Nice to see you ended our last topic after 666 posts CMD. Gentle, subtle reminders...

No Snow here, but one of the mates up Wearhead says he's been pasted today, Ski-ing up Burnhope tomorrow? Happy times again :D Ironic that the milder air gives the snow...

Do you not mean Rookhope?whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Unless there is another Burnhope,that i divvent kna aboot.

Do you not mean Rookhope?whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Unless there is another Burnhope,that i divvent kna aboot.

Burnhope Seat I meant, oops!

Yad Moss, Allendale and Raise should have nice top-ups by now, and any precipitation will still fall as snow...

Burnhope Seat I meant, oops!

Yad Moss, Allendale and Raise should have nice top-ups by now, and any precipitation will still fall as snow...

just rung the head keeper and it's raining up Allenheads lol.

A touch of frost forming already, gonna be cold tonight.

Yeah Alza, clear skies all day, and hopefully all night...

... -0.4C currently; 89% Humidity.

Wow. That's considerably colder than any PWS on wunderground for the area. Are you in a particularly rural spot or a frost hollow?

2.2°C here.

Yeah Alza, clear skies all day, and hopefully all night...

... -0.4C currently; 89% Humidity.

Cumbria is getting snow now, there could be a little bit here later on.

2C here but the low humidity is allowing a slight frost.

Wow. That's considerably colder than any PWS on wunderground for the area. Are you in a particularly rural spot or a frost hollow?

2.2°C here.

I live on the outskirts of a forest, well, in one actually.

http://www.smhi.se/en/Weather

Brilliant forecasting magigy, zoom over the nation and click...

Aye - snowing here and settling despite being above freezing. The ground is still pretty frozen solid, as I kept finding out when walking the dog this afternoon.

2.2°C here.

2.1 here in the same town.

If those showers make it across the Pennines there could be a few cm tonight. I expect Cumbria to get pasted tonight, I know how good these setups are over there. It seems that convective snow events in the west are harder to predict than those in the east mind - they crop up at shorter notice.

If those showers make it across the Pennines there could be a few cm tonight. I expect Cumbria to get pasted tonight, I know how good these setups are over there. It seems that convective snow events in the west are harder to predict than those in the east mind - they crop up at shorter notice.

Hi alza current conditions here

Temp 3.4c

Humidity 67%

Dewpoint -2c (doesnt go to dp)

Metoffice saying rain and sleet at lower levels so im not expecting much but is there really a decent probability do you think for us to snow overnight do you think? :cc_confused:

Hi alza current conditions here

Temp 3.4c

Humidity 67%

Dewpoint -2c (doesnt go to dp)

Metoffice saying rain and sleet at lower levels so im not expecting much but is there really a decent probability do you think for us to snow overnight do you think? :cc_confused:

I think if we get any precipitation it will be snow, but it looks like being mostly confined to Cumbria, to a lesser extend Northumberland and a little bit in Durham.

I think if we get any precipitation it will be snow, but it looks like being mostly confined to Cumbria, to a lesser extend Northumberland and a little bit in Durham.

Well thats a positive but the showers are already breaking up when hitting the penniens so your summary seems preety much about right

Although this one was predicted on GFS.:whistling:

Although this one was predicted on GFS.:whistling:

I suppose I don't take as much notice of what's predicted in Cumbria unless I'm going there, so these snow events always surprise me.

Light snow here at the moment,although the flakes are huge and windy with it.

Snow in Durham. BIg flakes, quite wet. Temp 2.4°C. DP 0.6°C

EDIT:...and back to rain! LOL

Temperature was at 2.5C at Cleadon last time I checked, though the humidity is low, had a light shower about half an hour ago (I missed what it contained, though I saw raindrops on the front window). Definitely keeping an eye out for the next shower approaching from the WSW to see if it contains sleet or snow.

Had two showers here in Consett,and they were both snow.The snow on the ground is frozen now.

The shower gave a sprinkling of rain at Cleadon and the temperature rose to 3.0C, perhaps it might have been a different story if the shower had passed overhead rather than Cleadon clipping its northern edge.