Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geordiesnow

FA Cup 3rd Round Weekend 8/01/11 - 10/01/11

I'm surprised there is no thread on this but this is one of my fav weekends during the sporting season, in particular with the David v Gorliath ties!

3rd round ties being played on 08/01/11 are:-

Arsenal v Leeds

Millwall v Birmingham

Blackburn v QPR

Bolton v York

Brighton v Portsmouth

Bristol City v Sheff Wed

Burnley v Port Vale

Burton Albion v Middlesbrough

Coventry v Crystal Palace

Doncaster v Wolverhampton

Fulham v Peterborough

Huddersfield v Dover

Hull v Wigan

Lincoln City v Hereford(Round 2 Replay)

Norwich v Leyton Orient

Preston v Nott'm Forest

Reading v West Brom

Sprunehorpe v Everton

Sheff Utd v Aston Villa

Southampton v Blackpool

Stevenage v Newcastle

Stoke v Cardiff

Sunderland v Notts County

Swansea v Colchester

Torquay v Carlisle

Watford v Hartlepool

West Ham v Barnsley

Ties being played on 09/01/11 are:-

Man Utd v Liverpool

Tottenham v Charlton

Chelsea v Ipswich

Leicester v Man City

Tie to be played on 10/01/11 are:-

Crawley Town v Derby County

So how do you your team's chances then getting through to the next round? If your a supporter of a lower league team, are you happy with who you got?

One is hoping for many upsets(except Stevenage V Newcastle of course) and hopefully plenty of goals. :D

So how do you your team's chances then getting through to the next round? If your a supporter of a lower league team, are you happy with who you got?

Well I'm hoping Man Utd 'reserves' thrash Liverpool. :lol:

Upset of the round? Man City lose to their previous manager Sven at Leicester! :rofl:

F.A. Cup is the best sporting competiton in the world....I hate how its devalued by the hugely overated champions league. Everton have Sprunehorpe...........please not a repeat of Brenford in the league cup

Usually I love the FA Cup, but on this occasion I will be supporting Reading. With our match against Wolves being called off it is now provisionally on a Tuesday night which I will be unable to attend. If neither of us makes it to the 5th round of the Cup then it will be moved from the Tuesday to the appropriate free weekend.

F.A. Cup is the best sporting competiton in the world....I hate how its devalued by the hugely overated champions league. Everton have Sprunehorpe...........please not a repeat of Brenford in the league cup

I wish members would type in scunny for short lol.If Everton get beat tomorrow it will be total humiliation for them considering scunny's home record this season.

W1 D2 L8 :lol:

I wish members would type in scunny for short lol.If Everton get beat tomorrow it will be total humiliation for them considering scunny's home record this season.

W1 D2 L8 :lol:

Oh dear! One of my colleagues at work is an Everton fan - expecting defeat! So much for loyal fans! :nonono:

Can't see it myself but they could concede and will be lacking in ammo without Cahill.

I think Stevenage, Crawley will do well.

Newcastle will find it difficult at Stevenage, and I think Crawley will beat Derby ???

Liverpool could well be humiliated at United.

I'd expect Ipswich to be beaten comfortably at Chelsea on Sunday, but Chelsea aren't in any great form, and we've just got rid of Roy Keane...so who knows. Lost 3-1 at Stamford Bridge two seasons ago - would anticipate a similar scoreline.

I think Stevenage, Crawley will do well.

Newcastle will find it difficult at Stevenage, and I think Crawley will beat Derby ???

I agree and to be honest i'm not looking forward to watch it on the TV either as all we hear is pundits and commentators hoping for a Stevenage win - understandable of course.

It certainly is a banana skin of a tie, it just depends which Newcastle comes out of the dressing room. If its the Newcastle that played Yeading quite a few years back and tried to be arrogant and fancy with the ball, then we could get beat. If we play professionally like we did against Accrington, then i fancy we will beat Stevenage. Just hope they don't get another replay against us!

I also fancy Crawley to beat Derby. Derby has been on a poor run it would seem and Crawley's squad is good enough for League 2 and with Crawley being the home team, then you have to back them for the upset of the round.

I wish all the underdogs good luck, even Liverpool!

I'd expect Ipswich to be beaten comfortably at Chelsea on Sunday, but Chelsea aren't in any great form, and we've just got rid of Roy Keane...so who knows. Lost 3-1 at Stamford Bridge two seasons ago - would anticipate a similar scoreline.

Ancelotti is under huge pressure for some form of win, even if it is against lower league opposition. Defeat for Chelsea could be the end for Ancelotti.

Ancelotti is under huge pressure for some form of win, even if it is against lower league opposition. Defeat for Chelsea could be the end for Ancelotti.

Yes, all the pressure is on Chelsea on Sunday. It is a must win for them. I just hope Ipswich can play with freedom and in a relaxed way, which could result in a upset.

Should be a relatively straightforward win tomorrow, but this is the FA cup we are talking about.

I don't fancy Ipswich at all and think Chelsea even with their problems will win comfortably.

I fancy: Millwall against Birmingham / Brighton against Portsmouth

Scunny with have a real go at Everton but think a draw is best they can hope for.

I think the pasting of the weekend might go to Charton at Spurs?

Arsenal 1 Leeds 1.

I don't think that Arsenal will particularly welcome the replay in an already congested fixture list - despite fighting back from being 0-1 down with only a few minutes remaining.

Well done to Brighton who beat Portsmouth 3-1, Sheffield Wednesday who thrashed Bristol City 3-0 away, Burton who beat Middlesbrough 2-1, Leyton Orient who beat Norwich 1-0 away ( :lol: ), Southampton who beat Blackpool 2-0 and Notts County who won 2-1 at Sunderland!

Should be a relatively straightforward win tomorrow, but this is the FA cup we are talking about.

Very easy win, didn't get out of first gear, and didn't really play that well.

Poor old Geordirsnow, I bet he is throwing things at the TV now :help:

It came to the stage that i probably wished ESPN's faults just carried on for the whole of the 2nd half because the performance was pathetic from pretty much start to finish. Totally embarracing, did not deserve one goal out of that game, not one!

Perch and Smith should never wear a NUFC shirt again - especially the former! He's so poor no matter what position he plays.

Pardew has alot to answer for aswell, why oh why could we not play a "weaker" but more fresh team, the players had a busy period and if we played a weakened team, the embarracement might be slightly less - having said that, theres no excuses for what has happened tonight and this just feels as bad as relegation.

One crumb for comfort, at least it was not a non league team but Stevenage only got promoted last season. :rolleyes:

We were absolutely shocking today. Very worrying.

A bad day for the North East clubs in general today.

As for Man Utd tomorrow - what's the betting on a shock Liverpool win? Always seems to happen when a new manager takes charge.

The scunny team are a joke and have been for a few months now.The team aren't even trying and they don't care about losing games.There was over 2,000 tickets left before todays game which says it all really.Im not surprised that glanford park has been half empty in recent games.Im pleased ive not been wasting my money on crap like that :whistling:

Good to see Tony Mowbray is doing well at Boro :lol:

Stubborn hypocrite.

Good to see Tony Mowbray is doing well at Boro :lol:

Stubborn hypocrite.

Now that sounds like a man whose team has just been booted out of the FA cup by lower league opposition :oops:

Now that sounds like a man whose team has just been booted out of the FA cup by lower league opposition :oops:

I wanted us out of the FA Cup, I'm happy with the result. See earlier posts for proof!