Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Birds falling out of the sky, fish dead in the sea

Gray-Wolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Probably were sucked into an updraft taken thousands of feet up and then rained back down . pretty weird though, ive heard alot of stories about frogs raining down after a tornado sucked up a pond. Another one were a tornado ripped through a orange plantation raining down oranges and tree lims. So a tornado could of hit a tree and sucked all the birds in maybee?

Posted

Ahhh, I was just going to start a topic about this :girl_devil: some pretty freaky things happening recently:- the birds, frogs, fish, snow for the uk nov/dec and to top it all off, a 3.6 earthquake/tremor near Leeds :o For the "doomsday" people these are all sure signs of the end :diablo: A number of weather related theories :unknw: However, we all know no matter how much evidence there is to support such theories, it will probably all be down to global warming climate change :whistling:

http://www.thestar.c...ks?bn=1#article

Edited by jo200199

Posted
The cause is still being determined, but preliminary lab results from the Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission revealed "acute physical trauma" in samples of the dead birds, primarily in the breast tissue, with blood clotting and bleeding in the body cavities. There were no indications of disease, although tests were still being done for the presence of toxic chemicals.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2013838659_birds04.html

Fireworks probably startled thousands of blackbirds that fell from the skies in this small Arkansas town shortly before midnight on New Year’s Eve, researchers said yesterday.
Another theory was that violent thunderstorms might have disoriented the flock, or that even just one bird could have led the group in a fatal plunge to the ground

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2011/01/04/fireworks_likely_cause_of_arkansas_bird_deaths/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I read last night that it's more then likely 'fireworks' that startled these birds and the stress caused their deaths in mid-air (Poor things):(

Posted

Yes, I read the one bird leading them all to their death theory :whistling:

More Dead Birds Found In Kentucky AND La. Identical To Birds in Arkansas - Media Downplays Find

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajIXYofBhGk

Many different reports making it difficult to gather all the actual facts. However, I do think it's a bit odd, especially with these new reports elsewhere. Hmmmm I'd be keeping my children in too :cc_confused:

Posted

Hundreds of birds have dropped dead from the sky in Louisiana just days after a similar mysterious incident left scientists baffled in Arkansas.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Hundreds-Of-Birds-Drop-Dead-In-Louisiana-After-Thousands-Were-Found-Dead-In-Beebe-Ark-Arkansas/Article/201101115879821?lpos=World_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15879821_Hundreds_Of_Birds_Drop_Dead_In_Louisiana_After_Thousands_Were_Found_Dead_In_Beebe_Ark_Arkansas

Starting to wonder, all the earthquakes floods and birds fish dead, myans may of been on to something.

Posted

I doubt this has anything to do with the 2012 doomsday and the mayans ! Hopefully they will find the real cause of all this!

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Coast, January 5, 2011 - Already posted in another topic
Hidden by Coast, January 5, 2011 - Already posted in another topic

well i know its not the topic for it, but seems to make sence to me, Starts with birds falling.......

then floods... to me the water looks like crocks going into snake mouths, Australia...

Actually is there a topic on it? i might start one :)

dresdencodexlastpage.jpg

Edited by lfcdude
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

'Methane Gas Burps Caused By the Bp Gulf Crisis'

^ Comment on YouTube.

Posted

If you think this makes sense to you, then go ahead and start a new topic.:)Personally I have read from many sources that the 2012 rumours are all just part of scaremongering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

If you think this makes sense to you, then go ahead and start a new topic.:)Personally I have read from many sources that the 2012 rumours are all just part of scaremongering.

Of course they are. Even NASA confirmed there is no such thing as planet X, or planet Nebru.

Anyway, it was first thought that they predicted the end in 2012, but after further study, they found they predicted the start of a new era. Perhaps people just interpreted it the wrong way?

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

Personaly, I know that birds can just die of fright, especially at night. I used to have an Aviary

in the garden with 10 cockatiels. One night a cat attached one of our chickens and it was bitten on

the head and make a hell of a commotion and this all happened at night and the poor cockatiels in the

Aviary next door just fell off their perches dead!

The report about only one species of fish dying, now that is very strange :cc_confused:

Posted

Posted
Conspiracy theories abound in bird deaths

LABARRE — While scientists will likely be busy for weeks trying to determine what caused the deaths of hundreds of birds in Pointe Coupee Parish on Monday, speculation and bizarre conspiracy theories about the mass die-off have flooded Internet sites and newspaper phone lines.

As many as 500 red-winged blackbirds, starlings, grackles and brown-headed cowbirds lay strewn across La. 1 throughout the day Monday while school buses, work vans and family sedans sped by, and sometimes over, the dead and dying birds. The mass deaths happened just three days after thousands of blackbirds fell from the sky in Beebe, Ark., littering lawns and falling on New Year’s Eve revelers. Preliminary examinations show that many of the birds in Arkansas suffered internal injuries that formed blood clots leading to their deaths, The Associated Press reported.

On Tuesday, the news service reported that fireworks likely startled the birds, causing them to fly into buildings, each other or straight into the ground. Biologists with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries have sent some of the dead birds to labs in Georgia, Wisconsin and Iowa for testing to determine if the birds were sick or poisoned or if there are other explanations, officials said.

State Wildlife Veterinarian Jim LaCour said some of the several dozen birds he collected on Monday and Tuesday show signs of trauma. LaCour said he found a significant number of birds lying dead near power lines, which could be a likely cause of their demise. “So far, we have no reason to believe this was caused by anything malicious,†he said, referring to internet speculation about mass poisoning of birds.

Instead, LaCour said it’s possible the birds were scared from their nighttime roosts and encountered high winds while they flew through the dark and couldn’t negotiate around the power lines. It’s also possible, he said, the birds died because of sickness or were weakened from a cold front that passed through. The birds will be tested for toxins, pesticides, bacteria and viral elements, he said, to see if any of those variables or a combination could have played a part in the deaths. “We probably won’t have any additional information for quite a while,†he said.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/112917059.html

Posted

I don't know the 'habbits' of the birds but our Fieldfares/Redwings migrate at night (you'll hear their 'peeeep' overhead at night) so if they were avoiding the 'storms' that spawned the tornado's then there could have been a lot on the wing. Get caught in Hail ( updrafts as well as downdrafts) and you are in a mess of trouble!

Posted

A county veterinarian has speculated that the dead birds that fell from the sky in central Sweden on Tuesday may have been frightened by fireworks, then run over by a car after landing on the road in the dark.

http://www.thelocal.se/31262/20110105/

a search of USGS records shows there have been 16 events in the past 30 years involving blackbirds where at least 1,000 of the birds have died seemingly all at once. “These large events do take place,†he said. “It’s not terribly unusual.â€

http://www.2theadvoc.../112843019.html

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted

It's actually not as unusual as people would think:

11th March 2010

On Sunday night, over a quiet Somerset house, scores of swooping starlings tumbled out of the sky and fell, dead, into a single front garden. Covering an area 12ft across, more than 100 birds carpeted the garden, each with blood oozing from its beak and curled up claws.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1256840/Mystery-scores-starlings-fall-sky-lay-dying--single-garden.html

10th January 2007

It could be the plot of a horror film, but in two towns on opposite sides of the world the mysterious phenomenon of thousands of dead birds dropping out of the sky is all too real.

Officials are baffled by the unexplained deaths which have affected Australia and the U.S.

Three weeks ago thousands of crows, pigeons, wattles and honeyeaters fell out of the sky in Esperance, Western Australia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-427997/Dead-birds-rain-towns-half-world-apart.html#ixzz1AAGJkhD9

But some have apparently been deliberately poisoned:

26th January 2009

"Several hundred poisoned animals. I saw what looked like in the evening a sea of birds, saw them stuck in my car windshield and on top of the roof," described Andrea Kepic. Ray Kiveris is still picking them up; he's already collected over 200 in his yard. He said it started Friday night when dead birds began falling from the sky. "Started freaking out and we went out and started searching and they were all over the place. It's surreal, I've never seen anything like it," he said.

The dead birds, we now know, are the result of a culling program by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture attempting to help a Princeton farm overrun by birds. The poison left for them takes 24 hours to ingest before the birds die. Local officials said the feds gave nothing but a vague notification of what was happening.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6625588

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWt7cxw6Zg0

:doh:

Posted

Now Coast , don't get me started on H5N1!!!!!! (esp. with H1N1 about to go 'epidemic' in the UK.......)

Let's not 'Mix and Match' A very catchy virus (H1N1) with a very 'killy' virus (H5N1 60% death rate....)

Posted

Now Coast , don't get me started on H5N1!!!!!! (esp. with H1N1 about to go 'epidemic' in the UK.......)

No, lets not! :whistling:

I still go for disorientated/startled by fireworks and then onto power-lines or a weather event such as an electrical storm or cold front and then maybe into power-lines. It's even happening in Sweden:

STOCKHOLM — Officials say about 50 birds have been found dead on a street in Sweden.

Veterinarian Robert ter Horst says the cause of jackdaws' deaths was unclear but that fireworks were set off near the scene Tuesday night. The birds were found dead on Wednesday.

Ter Horst says cold weather, difficulties finding food and possible shock from the fireworks could be responsible, leading to the stressed birds either dying from the stress or being run over by vehicles. Five of the dead jackdaws found in the city of Falkoping were being tested. Mass bird deaths aren't uncommon.

In the U.S., New Year's Eve fireworks were blamed in Arkansas for killing thousands of blackbirds, and a few days later power lines likely killed about 450 birds in Louisiana.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/05/dead-birds-sweden_n_804600.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Dead Crabs

And thousands of poor wee crabs dead and washed up on

Kent beaches .. thought to be from the extreme cold.

Hope that's not too OT from your birds ..

BL.

Posted

Have seen Dead Birds in Texas in 2005 and 2006 just after a Big Baseball Sized Hailstorm near South Plains before and also bigger Birds and Animals killed, there is also footage on Youtube somewhere of a Cow being Knocked to the ground during a Big hailstorm in the Plains, luckily he/she got back up after a few minutes. Remember these Hailstones are falling down at over 100mph and Supercell Updraughts can reach speeds of 120mph the other way, end result big old Washine Machine 20,000ft Up with projected Missiles :help::bomb:

Posted

end result big old Washine Machine 20,000ft Up with projected Missiles :help::bomb:

Sounds entirely plausible Paul. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm Chaser, Weathermen and Radar Operator

I Reckon Co2 Emmisions From Airplanes are causing a large number of birds to fall out of the skies.