Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Here Is My Village In Southern Switzerland

Posted

This first photo was taken on the mountain over my village ( 1200 Meter elevation ), you see the lake of lugano and behind the swiss central alps.

2183209054_a7b4ca691d_b.jpg

1638519834_a36ad9c6aa_b.jpg

2206457614_ccc5ffe35f_b.jpg

2241112091_e2d0ac9a8b_b.jpg

2052249764_0bcb9193f6_b.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Wow!

What a beautiful village, and great pictures! Care to swap with me? :lol: :rofl:

Can I ask how you got that frame around your photos? Something like that could spice up my photography. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm working like landscape-photografer for the swiss turism office.

Your doing a fantastic job in a beautiful place - lucky you, well done !

You've sold it to me...so would you like to do a holiday house swap ? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I went to Annecy in the French Alps last Summer, but the scenery there looks different, but equally beautiful. I almost decided to go to that area this Summer actually, but I'm going to Florida instead. Hopefully I'll go there next year though!

Edited by alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I went on holiday to Switzerland in October and took a train from Brig to Domodossola in Italy and then to Locarno, which is a few miles away from Lugano in TIcino. A gorgeous part of a stunning country, best of all was that it was 15C and sunny in Locarno but just 2C when we got back to Brig.

Posted

Weather in switzerland has a lot o local differences...

On the southern side of the alps the climate is a little bit warmer than in the north, but the really important thing to consider is that the alps form a barrier that separates two completely different aspect of a weather situation.

For example there may be a high-pressure area in Italy and low pressure in central Europe, so there will be southern wind crossing the alps. While ascending in southern Switzerland the air will get cooler, vapour will condensate and there will be rain. North of the alps the falling wind will be dry and warm (föhn). Often föhn wind brings a little sunshine in the Rhine valley between Chur and Lake Constance and in the Reuss valley from Altdorf to Lucerne while there are clouds over northern Switzerland. The same effect can of course also be observed in opposite direction.

When consulting a weather forecast for Switzerland it is therefore very important to focus exactly on the correct region. In a few mile, here in Lugano with the lake during the night in winter temperature is between 0 and -5 degree, 15 km south ( without lake but always at low level ) between -5 and -10 degree.

In the Southern region (Ticino area), a much higher average precipitation amount of about 2000 mm/year (78 inches) is observed. In 2010 for example 2460 mm rain ( 97 inches ). Rain and snow event are rather short but often very intense, for example 100 mm in a day in southern switzerland it's not exceptional. Everywhere, except for the Valais region, the amount of rainfall is approximately twice as large in the summer as in the wintertime.

Posted

Here you find two videos we did for the turism office. The first video show you very good the scenary in southern switzerland.

the second one is from Engadine, the region of St.Moritz.

http://www.youtube.com/user/engadinstmoritz#p/u/1/iJQ4KNF34Z0

• 2 months later...
Posted

all wonderful photographs/videos-thank you for sharing them

Have you done any in the Jungfrau region, Wengen, Murren, Grindelwald?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

The photo's aren't to bad, more like snapshots really!

But what a beautiful place, thanks for sharing :)

Nice video though :D

Posted

This first photo was taken on the mountain over my village ( 1200 Meter elevation ), you see the lake of lugano and behind the swiss central alps.

2183209054_a7b4ca691d_b.jpg

1638519834_a36ad9c6aa_b.jpg

2206457614_ccc5ffe35f_b.jpg

2241112091_e2d0ac9a8b_b.jpg

2052249764_0bcb9193f6_b.jpg

Crikey,what a dump.

Just kidding,very nice.