Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Cookie

Posted

May see something wintry still here in Telford as its -0.9c here now with a frost forming, got college at 9am till 3pm though so hopefully it wont be to icy in the morning.

Posted

I think i will see something here (if it gets here!) as the temperature has dropped over 3 degrees in the 2 hours and it is now jsut above freezing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I think i will see something here (if it gets here!) as the temperature has dropped over 3 degrees in the 2 hours and it is now jsut above freezing

Yep, temps dropping quickly here now under clear skies...currently -0.2C....lets keep that trend for a few more hours!

Posted

Yep, temps dropping quickly here now under clear skies...currently -0.2C....lets keep that trend for a few more hours!

But there not dropping in the East Mids , were still at 3 deg unyet Brum is at -1 , I don't get it , can't even see any Cloud on the Sat pic .

Posted

From 3c to -0.9c in 5 hours here

Edited by dewei

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Hehe , I did warn you lot earlier ...... Freezing rain won't be much of a problem in the Midlands cause by morning temp's won't be at freezing by the look of the latest charts . We will min out at about 1 deg ..

-1C temp and Dew point here now.

If temps rise above freezing we might still get rain falling onto very cold ground and that could mean black ice. I had light snow flurrries up until about 9am on Tuesday but a few miles away around Salop/Newport/Telford it was rain and black ice which caused over 50 reported accidents plus dozens of unreported (including my sister in law).

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2011/01/05/gritters-failed-to-treat-shropshires-main-roads/

Edited by kar999

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Temp 2.5c here with a dew of 1.6c, it's amazing how 35 miles West in Birmingham they have a -1c temp with -2c dew point!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

It's -0.7 °C here. To be honest I'm not getting excited, and might not even still be up were it not for the cricket, but maybe someone will get a nice surprise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Just got up for work. Had to check the radar. Looking very heavy down in south Wales. Looks like maIn area going to run north through Wales though and miss half the midlands leaving us with light precip that prob fall as drizzle. Unless in intensifys on it's east side

Edited by i love snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Got up to have a drink... it's snowing here in Bewdley. Light and rather wet, but it *is* settling on the road. Looks like the main precip will be further west, of course.

Edit: sleety rain now and dusting is melting. Not the most awesome snow event of the winter! :rofl:

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

Indeed, temperatures are around 2-3 but more significantly it looks like the dew points have risen.

Posted

Currently 2.5oC here and in between rain showers. Not too impressed so far but activity seems to be increasing to the SW of the area and becoming snowier, at least according to the radar. Met office Invent page shows that the rainfall pattern is not at all like they forecast.

Posted

I think only parts of Wales will see snow now to be honest. I'm going to expect a plain wet day now. Another event from the south west where it finds it hard to snow.

Edited by Gord

Posted

All rain event for the East Mids I think , that ppn is very intense though so we will see in the next hour if anything does fall as Snow it will be Blizzard conditions under that

Posted

Started as heavy rain here 30 mins ago - quickly turned to snow with bit of sleet.

Blinkin heck - panic set in for me - another day off coming up for me :-(

Edited by mr benn

Posted

Culdrose in Cornwall is at 11c and has been since 3am . Will feel barmy down there when the rain clears ...

Started as heavy rain here 30 mins ago - quickly turned to snow with bit of sleet.

Blinkin heck - panic set in for me - another day off coming up for me :-(

Go to work Mr Benn , Panic over a bit of Rain ... what's the world coming to lol