Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Started as rain here, now sleet and everywhere soaking so even if it does change to snow, I can't see any cover from this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

20 minutes ago, heavy rain and 1.5c dewpoint now heavy snow at 0.2c dewpoint!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Chucking it down here too, road is covered as well.

Covered in Water that is, it's sleeting and i'd say it was 80% rain, 20% snow :lol:

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Dewpoint still dropping and now 0.0c. :)

Posted

Woke up to at least an inch of snow here. Bracing for another couple before it turns to rain...... For once it's really inconvenient.....

Posted

Snow not as heavy as the radar would suggest here. Will be far too wet to settle if the snow continues like this but nice to see it anyway. Met Office shows the risk of sleet/wintry mix well into this afternoon now.

Posted

Heaviest snow of the winter so far here. Already a covering on cars, tarmac, grass.... BBC Midlands mentionned 4in of snow for Clee Hill.

Posted

Flakes are getting a bit smaller here perhaps suggesting a little less marginal for now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Ayyy Carumba! :o West Malvern is covered in about 5 cm of snow! Great big juicy flakes coming down. Radar looks impressive! It is however, only -0.1oC so the slightest warming and it'll thaw again. But boy it looks pretty right now! Not to my neighbour though, he's just got stuck in it!

Posted

LOL Birmingham Airport reporting everything but the kitchen sink.

"Light rain snow"

"Recent rain"

"Recent snow"

Posted

Chucking it down here too, road is covered as well.

Covered in Water that is, it's sleeting and i'd say it was 80% rain, 20% snow :lol:

Rain here 2, why did everyone else get colder last night and why everyone else got Snow ! Lol Leicester makes me laugh sometimes

Posted

Rain here 2, why did everyone else get colder last night and why everyone else got Snow ! Lol Leicester makes me laugh sometimes

I'm certainly wondering if my forecast for Wales in the Welsh thread yesterday is going to turn out to be fairly accurate after all. I got shot down big time for my prediction of "temporary covering for higher areas, will have melted by the afternoon, can't see it being disruptive snow"

If it turns out to be correct then I think that should be a lesson to people that you shouldn't shoot someone's opinion down because they say something that you don't WANT to hear. I'm in no way blowing my own trumpet as I hate arrogance, I also hate being shot down for an opinion though.

Posted

About 2cm here and still snowing. Temp borderline freezing now, so it may turn to sleet/rain soon. Heavy stuff headed this way on the radar, so it might stay as snow.

Posted

moderate snow here now, everthing white over, looks like its going to be quite tricky on the roads for a bit. :drinks:

lol ten mins up the motorway .... Lucky git ! Only thing i'm gonna be doing with my wellys is splashing in the puddles

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

moderate snow here now, everthing white over, looks like its going to be quite tricky on the roads for a bit. :drinks:

Same here. Snowing quite heavily, about half a centimetre in 10 minutes. Temp' is -1.3c.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

I'm certainly wondering if my forecast for Wales in the Welsh thread yesterday is going to turn out to be fairly accurate after all. I got shot down big time for my prediction of "temporary covering for higher areas, will have melted by the afternoon, can't see it being disruptive snow"

If it turns out to be correct then I think that should be a lesson to people that you shouldn't shoot someone's opinion down because they say something that you don't WANT to hear. I'm in no way blowing my own trumpet as I hate arrogance, I also hate being shot down for an opinion though.

Sounds a reasonable enough forecast to me, Andy! Although perhaps at altitude it can be more disruptive depending exactly what time it falls, does it coincide with the rush hour. Where I live on the Malvern Hills, it *could* be a lot lighter stuff down in Great Malvern. That sometimes happens here, we have all sorts of problems with a snowfall yet down lower people are driving round with hardly more than a sprinkling. At the moment it is falling into the disruptive category here as people can't get their cars out easily without digging and gritting!

But yeah, agree that people ought to be a bit more tolerant!

Posted

Talk about taking the ~~~ ..... I live at M1 J21 (Virtually on the Junction ) and we have pure rain not even sleet . Unyet look at J22 5 Mins up the road .

post-2826-0-71470800-1294388045_thumb.jp