Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sc With M Fish And Other Weather Holiday Ideas

Paul Sherman

Posted

Just in case members have not seen this in the Storm Chase Area.

If you have ever fancied Storm Chasing with the legendry Michael Fish now is your chance. We once again are taking the great man out to the USA Next June for Tour 4 and you have the opportunity to Chase Supercells and Tornadoes with him and the Netweather Team. Not only do you get the chance to chase Storms but also get the chance to be involved with the Morning forecasts that Michael, Nick F and myself put together along with the Target area for the day, you really will learn so much about storms, their formations and will have all questions answered along the way.

Also early next year we will be finding out wether a BBC Documentary crew will be following Michael and the Team for an upcoming Tv Documentary, if you need more details then please feel free to Pm myself or Paul Michaelwaite or Email Paul - paul@netweather.tv.

Prices are still about £600 cheaper than the US Tours and flights are very competitive as BA & AA Have their Sales on at the moment with flights from £420 Direct from Heathrow to DFW.

If you have any questions you can also reply to this thread.

Best

Paul S

Posted

Paul Im thinking of booking a flight tomorrow with them prices.

Was going to hold on until Feb but I cant resist this offer :smiliz19: ..

Pm you tomorrow or phone :crazy:

Posted

http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showpost.php?p=295001&postcount=15

Interesting post over on Stormtrack and Indeed Interesting thread in general.

Seems 1997, 1998 & 1999 Mirror 2009, 2010 and 2011 quite closely.

So will May and June 2011 be like 1999, Lets hope so with an F5 In Oklahoma during May 3rd 1999 and an incredible active June with Outbreaks on the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th with Wedge Tornadoes a plenty in the High Plains.

Going to be following the patterns very closely with these three years.

Paul S

Posted

Also forgot in the original post but wanted to guage opinion on other weather holidays for 2011.

Things that might be possible are as follows

a, Desert Lightning/Monsoon Chasing in Arizona in Late July through to September

b, Florida Waterspout Chasing in August until Late September, this could also co-incide with Hurricane Landfalls.

c, European Thunderstorm Hunting in South of France or Spain, Balearic Islands from September through October.

There are other options within Europe also within the Cheap Airfare Radar for instance.

Let me know in this thread if there are any interested parties and also if you have other ideas.

Regards

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Hey paul, the desert lightning chase sounds really good to me as im free from late June to early September. Any other time of the year Im busy so I can't go storm chasing in spring.

What about Florida thunderstorm chasing? this would appeal to me as it would fall within my free time June to August but i don't know about anyone else. I was there in August 2009 I could see all the thunderstorms around and even had a couple of direct hitters (with one very large cell with constant lightning) but I couldn't get in the car and chase the storms as im not 21 so I couldn't rent a car as well as it was a family holiday.

Im deffinatley up for the desert lightning, I went to the grand canyon and hoover dam in September the desert is a very beautiful place. but the whole time I was in Nevada/Arizona I did not see one cloud just blue skies and 40C+ temperatures.

Edit: Paul you should make another thread just for those ideas as people wouldn't associate them with this thread.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Paul, as I said previously, we are up for the Desert Lightning but can't do this year, as last year didn't fulfill our appetite for tornado's we have to go back and do it all again, until we see more than 1!

So if we get our fill this year, then we would skip tornado chasing next year (sob sob) and go for the Desert Lightning.

It would be a good thing to place the options up when the booking for next years Tornado chasing goes online, that way people can see what's available through the year and plan.

Given the two next year (tornado & lightning) we'd go for lightning.

Posted

Cool thanks for the feedback guys and will change the thread title straight away. Good to see people are interested in the Desert Lightning gig as I have an amazing contact out there in Arizona (Namely The best Arizona Lightning Photographer in the World) Susan Strom!! She is local to Scottsdale near Pheonix and knows all the local History re the Indian Reservations and the Landscape from Pheonix to Flagstaff to Tuscon. She also has countless places to visit in the Old Bronze and Gold Mining Ghost Towns etc

Also Mesoscale Tour 4 starts in June and one of the other options I have not put down is later season Storm Chasing in the Northern Plains or the Saskatcheen or Manitoba region of Canada, flying into Rapid City or Denver and Chasing during Late June or the first Half of July.

Regards

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

a, Desert Lightning/Monsoon Chasing in Arizona in Late July through to September

b, Florida Waterspout Chasing in August until Late September, this could also co-incide with Hurricane Landfalls.

c, European Thunderstorm Hunting in South of France or Spain, Balearic Islands from September through October.

There are other options within Europe also within the Cheap Airfare Radar for instance.

Let me know in this thread if there are any interested parties and also if you have other ideas.

Regards

Paul S

Yes,yes & yes, love the idea of doing something later in the year to breakup the long wait between the US tours..................and another holiday I've read about is Stormchasing in Australia (Darwin etc) .....it's supposed to be better than the US whistling.gif

Posted

Wow

Never thought about Aus, they certainly get some amazing Storms in the Tropical region :good:

Posted

Later season storm chasing will be my cup of tea!! the only problem with that will be the border between the US and Canada.

Minnesota/Northern Plains had a really good or bad year how ever you look at it for tornadoes.

Australian storm chasing would be awesome as it will be our winter time, bridging the gap between northern hemisphere storm seasons.

The down side to that is flight prices and the enormous journey to get there.

Sign me up for that desert lightning though are you thinking about doing it this year? or next?

Posted

or you could do something around the Northern lights search.gif. with a little snow mobiling thrown in .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Pah, don't need to go America to see some super storms this year, Leicester is going to get Tornados, hurricanes and severe hailstorms, hail the size of tennis balls, don't waste your money going to America, come and stay in Leicester :w00t:

Posted

Well that is good news that we have Interest in the Arizona Lightning/Monsoon Chasing. What do you say if we get another 2 people (5 In An SUV) I try to price it up, we would need a Minimum of 5 People for this.

It is slightly different to Tornado Chasing in that we use a Base Hotel for the consecutive 10 days in Scottsdale and travel either North (Flagstaff) Or East (New Mexico Border) or South (Tuscon) and get back to the Hotel each night or after the Lightning finishes. Some of the Scenery out there is Mind Blowing as well with Flaggy at 7,000ft above Sea Level.

We still use the GPS & Barons which picks out the more Severe Desert Storms and possible Haboobs

Regards

Paul S

Posted

Has Michael Fish ever fancied storm chasing with the legendary Mondy? :w00t:

I'll send him an Email and ask :drinks:

Posted

Just need those 2 extra people now! :drunk:

I don't have a clue about chasing any type of weather so hopefully I can learn alot out of it.

Posted

Just need those 2 extra people now! :drunk:

I don't have a clue about chasing any type of weather so hopefully I can learn alot out of it.

You really would not believe how much you learn about not just Chasing but Picking a Target from looking at the models and everything about the Storms that are in front of you, we always urge people to ask questions in the field and they are always answered.

Like you say where are those 2 people Lol

Paul

Posted

Quite surprised at the lack of Interest in the different types of weather gatherings we could arrange tbh, these types of Threads years ago would have garnered a lot more Interest, I guess people are quite satisfied with the Uk weather over the last year, not even any interest in the Europe Idea ??

Let's hope it's a bumper Spring and Summer then in the Uk :lol: :80::hi:

Paul S

Posted

you know Im interested if its late Summer...Euro that is because Stormchase will eat up abit of my monies :smiliz19:

I think most people like the odd clap in the UK though to be honest :w00t: ...kidding

Posted

Well that is good news that we have Interest in the Arizona Lightning/Monsoon Chasing. What do you say if we get another 2 people (5 In An SUV) I try to price it up, we would need a Minimum of 5 People for this.

It is slightly different to Tornado Chasing in that we use a Base Hotel for the consecutive 10 days in Scottsdale and travel either North (Flagstaff) Or East (New Mexico Border) or South (Tuscon) and get back to the Hotel each night or after the Lightning finishes. Some of the Scenery out there is Mind Blowing as well with Flaggy at 7,000ft above Sea Level.

We still use the GPS & Barons which picks out the more Severe Desert Storms and possible Haboobs

Regards

Paul S

Surely we can find 2 more interested folks to make this a "go" for next year?

Got to be a good stab as something different and as Paul says the scenery is just somethin' else.

It ain't tornado's but it's sure a damn good opportunity to catch some good lightning storms and great scenery. 8)

Check out the opportunity at:

Lightning Lady

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Thanks Quentin

Btw is your Gaffe still ok to be used as a venue for the fabled Uk Spanish Plume in the Summer, Camera's pointed out towards the English Channel and all that......Lol only joking :whistling:

We shall see about the Arizona Trip I guess, can get Paul to update the Netweather Facebook Page to see if there is any interest from there I suppose.

Cheers

Paul S

Posted

Thanks Quentin

Btw is your Gaffe still ok to be used as a venue for the fabled Uk Spanish Plume in the Summer, Camera's pointed out towards the English Channel and all that......Lol only joking :whistling:

We shall see about the Arizona Trip I guess, can get Paul to update the Netweather Facebook Page to see if there is any interest from there I suppose.

Cheers

Paul S

Paul, yep, any signs of a decent Spanish Plume my place is open for you no probs, even got a single bed if you need to stop-over.

Like the idea of Paul trying to gather another few interested folks, I think it's a great opportunity to see storms in their natural habitat, but the scenery down there is awesome, much better than the plains.

Posted

Surely we can find 2 more interested folks to make this a "go" for next year?

Got to be a good stab as something different and as Paul says the scenery is just somethin' else.

It ain't tornado's but it's sure a damn good opportunity to catch some good lightning storms and great scenery. 8)

Check out the opportunity at:

Lightning Lady

Please Sir, choose me, choose me, choose me ..........!

Posted

Lol

You are already one of the two Clare ya Nutter :whistling:

Paul, yep, any signs of a decent Spanish Plume my place is open for you no probs, even got a single bed if you need to stop-over.

Thnx Mate Your a Good Man!

Posted

I'd love to be able to storm chase and go on weather holidays to Arizona or even Europe etc, but unfortunately being 17 and in the middle of A-levels doesn't help too much :/

So I'd certainly be interested if I could! but for now I might have to stick with local/UK storms when I can drive..