Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The PIT

Confusion On The M1

Sometime since I driven down it but I noticed a new section (Nottinghamshire) that has gone into four lanes. However that stage my Tom started going crazy. This I decided was down to the billions of speed camera's on the new gantries across the road. Now the tomtom kept coming up with 50 mph limit is the fourth lane a crawler lane or something. I couldn't see any signs due to the bright sun saying 50 mph anywhere and the same on the way back although for some it said 70 mph.

I presume the TomTom is in error or if it isn't the highways need to improve the sign-age prior to the section and within it.

I believe they are variable speed limits ? i.e. the speed limit is set by the signs on the overhead gantries - and if there is nothing showing on them then it is the normal 70 mph limit which applies

This section was still a temporary 50mph limit when I went to Silverstone in July, perhaps it just hasnt updated to reflect the limit being 70mph again?

I believe they are variable speed limits ? i.e. the speed limit is set by the signs on the overhead gantries - and if there is nothing showing on them then it is the normal 70 mph limit which applies

Well in the morning the gantries were invisible due to the sun. Nothing on the way back just bleep Bleep camera 70 mph Bleep bleep camera 50 mph ??? then 70 again.

It's quite simple really, the 50mph limits in your tom tom are from when they will of be doing the roads works to widen the road to a 4 lane motorway.....It's just the sat nav not updated i come across this all the time on the M62 and some stretches on the M11 i believe.

Updating it should get rid of them, if not you yourself need to do the map changes and upload them so TomTom can implement the changes in an update.

It's 70mph on all motorways unless there are temporary 50mph signs up during roadworks, or unless the variable speed limit signs are illuminated above your lane, might be worth downloading an update for your TomTom which should stop this.

• Some first weekend of Summer - even the pigeons don't fancy it

Gusting winds, showers and persistent rain - not the type of weather you'd usually associate with the first weekend of summer. But there will be some improvement through the weekend and into next week. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2020-06-05 21:46:10 Valid: 06/06/2020 0600 - 07/06/2020 0600 THUNDERSTORM OUTLOOK - SAT 6TH JUNE 2020 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather