Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Merry Xmas Storm Chasers

Paul Sherman

Posted

Merry Xmas to all the Storm Chasers and Storm Enthusiasts and thanks for following us this year throughout the Tornado Season. This was easily the best season to chase since 2003 and 2004 and some of the pictures of Tornadoes this year were incredible, it also goes to show that now technology gets better and more people are out in the field hardly a Tornado goes un-noticed during Storm Season.

So sit back, click the link and take a look at some of the best shots of Tornadoes for the 2010 season in the link below, it will have you oohing and aahing and wishing we could get structures like this in the Uk (Obviously over open farmland in Lincs) :smiliz19:

It is amazing to think what 6,000 Cape and -10 Li's can do to a Storm's structure

http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25926

Enjoy and Happy new year and good luck to all that venture out in 2011

Regards

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Thanks paul thats an amazing thread some really stunning pictures, I just wish I could see them with my own two eyes in person! hopefully after completing University I will have enough spare time to come chase with you guys! :yahoo: I was watching the live streams last year. Didn't get a single storm here last year I only heard distant thunder on one day! pretty shameful really haha!

Have a great christmas people! :smiliz19: dont be eating to much turkey now! :smiliz57: :rofl:

Posted

Dear Santa

My mummy said I had to write to you, and ask you nicely for my presents.

I have been a good boy this year, I haven't kicked the cat (well not too much) and I have eaten brussel sprouts coz daddy said they are good for me.

Next year I am going to America ('ray....) to chase tornado's so Santa can you please deliver at least one EF3 and maybe some baseball sized hail so I can say I've seen a real storm & tornado.

PS Please can you tell Sean Casey, to say hello to my mum as she thinks he a dish, and is real upset that Reed has a girlfriend (glum)

Thank you Santa

Oh by the way tell the boys & girls on 2011 tours it's gonna be a good year, merry crimbles to you all and see you in TEXASS

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Thanks Paul and the Netweather team . I can't wait to hit the US in 2011 (although I may avoid LHR this time :wallbash: )

Happy Xmas all,:smiliz19:

Posted

Cheers Paul, merry christmas all, thanks again to the whole NW storm chase team for an amazing trip in 2010, can't wait 'till we all get out on the plains again in a few months, have a good one everyone, bring on 2011 !

:drinks:

Posted

lock and load :bomb:

happy xmas storm chasers..

Thx Paul Casey see you on the plains.. :w00t:

Looking forward to seeing eveyone again :good:

:smiliz19: :smiliz19: :smiliz19: :smiliz19:

BACK UP!!!

CHEERS Pat Timmer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

post-2466-0-43773200-1293274478_thumb.jppost-2466-0-43773200-1293274478_thumb.jp

Dear Santa

My mummy said I had to write to you, and ask you nicely for my presents.

I have been a good boy this year, I haven't kicked the cat (well not too much) and I have eaten brussel sprouts coz daddy said they are good for me.

Next year I am going to America ('ray....) to chase tornado's so Santa can you please deliver at least one EF3 and maybe some baseball sized hail so I can say I've seen a real storm & tornado.

PS Please can you tell Sean Casey, to say hello to my mum as she thinks he a dish, and is real upset that Reed has a girlfriend (glum)

Thank you Santa

Oh by the way tell the boys & girls on 2011 tours it's gonna be a good year, merry crimbles to you all and see you in TEXASS

Merry Christmas tp one and all

I will attach a photo of Sean for your mum. I am sure he has her christmas present in the bag he is holding. Also no show without Pat.

Tom

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Merry Christmas to all. Look forward to joining you next year!

Ed

Posted

Merry Christmas to all. Look forward to joining you next year!

Ed

:smiliz19:

welcome aboard mate...

Cheers Tom thats very nice of you...

My count down starts on the 27th :smiliz64:

every year this is my official start day of watching NOA and any chasers..

My future is so bright I have to wear shades 8)

Edited by dogs32

Posted

And another one :w00t: :good::rofl:

post-24-0-73344700-1293359510_thumb.jpg

Posted

yeah I need to look into it soon.

Woo! 150 Days or so still The Chase Begins for mise! Cant wait!

Just checked the BA website for another price est.

IM goin to new jersey after dallas for a week then back to dublin... all in all ... they give a price of €899 ... about £770 ... hopefully thatll go down once sales start.

WHat u guys think of that price anyways?

Posted

119 For Me Arron :clap::clap::good:

Cant bloody wait to see those amazing Supercells, Distant Thunder and mahoosive Hailstones, and then the little matter of the Tornadoes, big and small, wedge and stovepipe.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

post-2466-0-05682500-1293657391_thumb.jpIts been a busy Christmas and one that I will be glad to see the back of as I have been working round the clock with every available member of my team, repairing burst pipes, thawing frozen pipes, trying in vain to get water to peoples houses. I would also like to keel-haul the inventor of the condensing boiler, we have been run ragged trying to keep heat and hot water to our most vulnerable tenants. However it has had its moments the shortest , coldest day also included a spectacular lunar eclipse and an eathquake, which I must say shook our house causing the windows to vibrate I wondered what the devil was going on. Enough said, roll on spring.

How many days ?

Tom

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted

belated merry christmas too all as i type this there are several tornado warned storms in us late/early stormchasers active sadly deaths already reported.

Anyway to all my friends, acquaintances and future friends and everybody else on here Happy New Year.

Posted

Oh well Christmas nearly over, i would like to wish everyone a happy new year.

Tom

Happy new year to you and Jeanette and family - Not long now until we see the most violent Storms on Planet Earth :clap: