Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Suggestion

Snowmad79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

If this idea has been thoroughly explored then apologies but i wondered.. You have already implemented + ratings for posts so as too help reduce off topic posts thanking people for there input etc etc so would it not be a good idea also to add negative or thumbs down ratings to posts ? I'm sure this would help with regards to bickering as users will simply be able to give the post a thumb down rather than giving a rant and may also give mods an easier time too lessening the burden of moderation. ( not saying this is happening currently)

There are plenty of posts i would love to argue against so this would be a good feasible alternative not to mention make it easier for people to by pass such posts without having to read them.

A certain amount of thumbs down would flag that post as spam and minimize the post alltgether leaving the option to read avaible should people want to read it. Something similar to youtubes rating system.

Is this a possibillty ?

Cheers

Craig

:smiliz19:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yeah, I like this. I was the one who suggested the +1 post, but didn't think to ask Paul about a -1 post. Good luck, will be good if it gets implemented.

Posted

How timely; a turkey voting for Christmas.

I'm having beef for Christmas. :D

If I had a -1 I would -1 your post. :rofl:

Posted

Why do you think it's not available?!!

Because OON says no? :rofl:

Posted

Actually, nothing to do with me, otherwise the above would be true! I think the reason is it's one thing voting for a post you've particularly enjoyed or found especially useful, and entirely another voting for one you don't like. I think going down that route is halfway to making this a popularity contest, and no matter how tempting that might be, it could turn nasty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Firstly ... At chirstmas your supposed to divulge and have a bit of everything arnt you ?. and as for the turkey ratings its not as bad as you think OON.. mods could be immune if your that worried lol.

Look at other magor networking sites, its seems successfull so there is no justification in saying it could turn nasty.. that would happen and has happened regardless. Dont be a scrouge ! :D

Ps. a few + votes would have been nice for the idea though ! bah humbug :smiliz34:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

We did have a negative one not long ago but it was removed. I think it was because posts were being negatived simply because people didn't agree, not because they were poor posts.

Although some members probably did deserve their horrendous negative ratings...

Posted

We did have a negative one not long ago but it was removed. I think it was because posts were being negatived simply because people didn't agree, not because they were poor posts.

Although some members probably did deserve their horrendous negative ratings...

Yes it was and thats pretty much why. People were getting voted down simply because they disagreed with other posters in some cases. This was especially prevelant in winter.

Im not a fan of the rating system as a whole personally (positive and negative) as a good post generally speaks for itself.