Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Current Queries?

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Looking at this year vs last Sunspot activity has heralded a new age on our weather - I have no idea about verifying this.Is this accurate?

Looking at some random posts on other sites the Gulf Stream has placed us on a par with Moscow hence the cold -NAO some credence yet empirically is this the root cause of cold weather?

Latterly do we have or are we on the borders of de cellinization>?

Looking at the cycles of weather, ozone abuse has depleted - we are leaving greenhouse years and now the cold returns from our CFC Winters- how long wil this last?

Looking at our daily models ECM - wobbled, NCEP - GFS, predictions from Far FI., Its amazing role reversal from the consistent and reliable to erratic trend spotter.

Couple of things still remain...

Northern Blocking - why did this return so quickly? what caused it? was it expected? what caused the polar jet to meander?QBO? Stratospheric 'Perfect' Synopsis?

Atlantic influence NAO - when did it trend negative, where is gulf stream, why did this 'flip occur', where are we vs La Nina conditions.

I hope these questions reverberate with some on here - this simply is against the norm..

Apologies for posting in model thread - got bombed out of there - I did want however our real time expert views - I am not one please let me know if I am off the mark or if this summary of questioning is relevant.

For me in limited understanding I believe that 1 Stratospheric Influence is underplayed on models, OLR Rossby Waves and GAM is also underplayed perhaps not by ECm but by GFS, there are faults in 06z runs unquantified, this period of time has literally blown apart climate change xperts without reference to unquantifiable.

As I said i am new her but I do see the expert discussino of Chiono and GP providing with the 8-15 mb Noaa work as better guidance than GFS, NAEFS, ECM, NOGAPS<BOM ever can- they simply verify.

Anyone wishing to reply appreciated... I am sure this will resonate with folks not only interested in what the odd shortwave does to our wee island ...

Posted

This German university is a fantastic place to start for all things stratospheric, QBO and sunspot related. Some excellent papers with here will give you plenty of the information you need and its all been peer reviewed!

http://www.geo.fu-berlin.de/en/met/ag/strat/publikationen/ge2000.html

If you can’t get the papers from this website google the authors name and you can often find them through there personal websites as below:

http://strat-www.met.fu-berlin.de/labitzke/

Enjoy.

Posted

This German university is a fantastic place to start for all things stratospheric, QBO and sunspot related. Some excellent papers with here will give you plenty of the information you need and its all been peer reviewed!

http://www.geo.fu-be...nen/ge2000.html

If you can’t get the papers from this website google the authors name and you can often find them through there personal websites as below:

http://strat-www.met...in.de/labitzke/

Enjoy.

Thanks for the links - loads of papers in there to delve through.

Posted

In all honesty am delighted that with my limited knowledge of weather that looking at QBO stats and thinking of sunspots in my drunken muse was actually written up in existing papers.

Only briefly read the first link I found but this is science in its infancy only 65 years of data and 3 sun cycles..

Posted

I'd just like to know why the meteorological profession use hPa and Decametres. Haven't they heard of SI units :cc_confused: . I would have been reprimanded many years ago as an engineering student if I had mentioned cm or perhaps written 1,467 N instead of 1.467kN.