Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 3 Counties And East Anglia Spring Weather Discussion

Cookie

Posted

where abouts in boro are you have nothing in woodston

Paston although its now stopped.

Just a few light flurries are coming in through the wash.

Posted

Paston although its now stopped.

Just a few light flurries are coming in through the wash.

we just had a min of really hard sleet/snow but the cloud of the wash is moving really fast by looks of it

Posted

Morning all,

There have been a few flurries of snow in March this morning. Looking at the radar the precipitation seems to be getting a little heaver around the wash so we could see a bit more through the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

From the radar....I don't think I've seen Peterborough so well set up for the showers coming off the Wash this winter. The showers are not only heading in the right direction but holding their own long enough to reach it.

Good luck TEITS :D

Edited by Timmytour

Posted

I can't believe just how many showers are showing up on the radar. had 3 or 4 flurries this morning but nothing heavy enough to really do anything. very strong chilling wind though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

mmmm...just as I posted about Peterborough being in the firing line it looks like the wind turned more easterly and now the showers are travelling to the north......sorry!

Posted

Another dull, raw and damp day here in East Suffolk with occasional rain showers, although there was some hail in the last one! Temperature at 2.5C, but the wind making it feel much colder.

Posted

Another dull, raw and damp day here in East Suffolk with occasional rain showers, although there was some hail in the last one! Temperature at 2.5C, but the wind making it feel much colder.

Hi Paul, are you right on the coast because im about 6 or 7 miles in land and we just had brief snow and hail shower here. As others have said there seems to be quite a bit of convection getting going a bit further north. What do you think the chances of this moving over us in suffolk later on. Regards Billy

Posted

A very cloudy day here in Wisbech north cambs, had some light grainy snow falling on the odd ocassion but never really lasting that long, still a good covering from yesterday, i drove to a friends house last night in Outwell which is 4-5 miles from where i am and they had much less snow than what we recieved here, thats snow for you!

Posted

Hi Paul, are you right on the coast because im about 6 or 7 miles in land and we just had brief snow and hail shower here. As others have said there seems to be quite a bit of convection getting going a bit further north. What do you think the chances of this moving over us in suffolk later on. Regards Billy

Hi Billy, I'm about a mile in from the coast, so pretty close to it. I think there's a reasonable chance of further showers as we go through today although I don't think there will be anything particularly notable in terms of snow. Wouldn't mind being wrong though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Oh please, less of the mild rampings, it's very misleading - you've been on the Model Discussion thread so you know it's not going to Warm up - it might be less cold for a while but I doubt that will last for long !!

This is Icebergs post from the previous Model thread:

"The Trends on the models this morning are for less Atlantic and more HP.

ECM is a perfect example of this, as it slowly reduces the atlantic influence with each run, now I would classify the Atlantic as blocked looking at the 00Z ECM(i.e nothing below 1000mb makes it east of Iceland)

This general theme also seems supported by the other models.

GFS is the most progressive wrt how far east it pushes the post boxing day front, UKMET less so hence the prediction of moderate snow for western areas for boxing day night by the Met Office.

All models are rising pressure further into the Atlantic in the longer time frame coupled with a clear signal for another Greenland high to form as we enter January due to a high moving from N.America I think we will still various linkages etc in the models over the next 4 days.

By Boxing Day the models will likely be starting to firm up on how the next cold shot will arrive, for many areas though there is no sign of anything even remotely mild so snow is likely to hang around for a good many days yet. "

I think if anyone or anything is being misleading it is the models themselves. No one can say that it is not going to warm up at this stage - look how the models keep flip flopping from mild to cold. It's no good getting agitated with forum members because their opinion differs from the snow hungry masses (myself included) everyone is entitled to their opinion - even if we don't like it

For me I would like to see a warm up in the West, my daughter is in N Ireland and the situation there is dire - speaking last night she told me that it's like living in a deep freeze, no one can function properly. Weatherwise I just can't call it at the moment, but I know that when the Atlantic wants to make a return it will, and nothing will stop it - not even us!!

Currently +2C here, warmest it's been for a week.

Edited by Mark Burton

Posted

Hi Billy, I'm about a mile in from the coast, so pretty close to it. I think there's a reasonable chance of further showers as we go through today although I don't think there will be anything particularly notable in terms of snow. Wouldn't mind being wrong though!

Yes it would be nice to just get a covering tonight and tomorrow so maybe we at least have a little snow on the ground over xmas. You never know we may get a surprise if we can get that convection over us.

Posted

A very cloudy day here in Wisbech north cambs, had some light grainy snow falling on the odd ocassion but never really lasting that long, still a good covering from yesterday, i drove to a friends house last night in Outwell which is 4-5 miles from where i am and they had much less snow than what we recieved here, thats snow for you!

Told you we did not have snow when you did . . that is where I live smiliz19.gif

Posted

Told you we did not have snow when you did . . that is where I live smiliz19.gif

It's all so localised in our area, here in St Ives we only had a dusting yesterday - that replaced our previous dusting that had melted.

So not really a white Christmas for us here, that's what we get for living in one of the driest places in the country :smiliz19:

Posted

Teasingly light flurry in North Colchester - I just noticed it out of the window, glanced away, glanced back and it was gone!

I'm getting a little fed up with all the icy slush now to be honest. Either snow or a proper thaw to get rid of the the last messy vestiges.

Oh, actually it's started snowing again - a little heavier now. Looks pretty wet but I hope you'll excuse be for not going out there to make a better judgement! cold.gif

ETA. Pretty much stopped again. I give up!

Edited by Jude 00

Posted

No doubt you will all call me a killjoy and kick me off the forum, but I have to say it. I want a thaw! This weather is causing real problems for me, I havent been able to leave the house since it started last Thursday and it's really getting to me. Even if I could stand the cold outdoors (which I cant) my car battery died a sad death the night it hit -12c. The man two doors up fell and broke his hip, the neighbours across the way have no heating as their pipes froze. People cannot get to where they need to be, my OH nearly had to abandon the car on the road trying to come home from work last night.

I am not enjoying it now. Even the birds are dying because of the cold. I would just like to see even just a short spell of milder weather so life can get back to normal for a while.

Congrats to Big Lad and his lovely new arrival.

Ginger

Anyone wondering about my previous post regarding N Ireland should read this. That's why I want a thaw for them. This is from the Irish thread.

Edited by Mark Burton

Posted

There's hope for the coast yet!

A minute ago I looked out of the window and nothing was happening so I went into the bathroom to start cleaning it (no windows in there which can be looked out of.Suddenly I heard boyfriend shouting to me came and looked out of bedroom window and saw there is a near blizzard going on outside now with strong gusts of wind and very heavy snowy haily stuff falling.

Posted

A minute ago I looked out of the window and nothing was happening so I went into the bathroom to start cleaning it (no windows in there which can be looked out of.Suddenly I heard boyfriend shouting to me came and looked out of bedroom window and saw there is a near blizzard going on outside now with strong gusts of wind and very heavy snowy haily stuff falling.

Yeah, even managed a short snow flurry here down the coast a short while ago!

Posted

Hi, whats it like there now as im off to the paget hospital at 2 .