Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Whats Happening To Cumbria?

Mr Freeze

Posted

Well this year Cumbria seen it's worst snow for a decade or more, Coldest temps in 25 years, and now a bloody earth tremmor 3.6 magnitude. So I am wondering can the weather have anything to do with this, or are they not connected. Even though it's a year to remember so far 2010!

Posted

Earth tremors are pretty common. I believe before the deep feeze of December 1981 November had the most tornados touch down in England on record and 1981 was an extremely thundery year. Not in anyway connected.

Edited by Optimus Prime

Posted

Well this year Cumbria seen it's worst snow for a decade or more, Coldest temps in 25 years, and now a bloody earth tremmor 3.6 magnitude. So I am wondering can the weather have anything to do with this, or are they not connected. Even though it's a year to remember so far 2010!

I felt that, around 11pm. Felt like a train going under the house. Anyone know where the epicentre was?

Very poor for snow over this side of the county, had 5 in in the nov spell but just 1 in from the current one. Very light snow falling at the mo but i want at least a foot in time for xmas!

Posted

Hi mate, yes the epicentre was somewhere around you. Cant remeber the exact place was Coniston. Yeah all the bloody snow went around us.Bang goes my white christmas hopes :blush:

I felt that, around 11pm. Felt like a train going under the house. Anyone know where the epicentre was?

Very poor for snow over this side of the county, had 5 in in the nov spell but just 1 in from the current one. Very light snow falling at the mo but i want at least a foot in time for xmas!