Windchill -1.9c

Min Windchill -6.9c

Current Windspeed 2.0mph

Max Windspeed 14.9mph

Wind direction E

Rain Total 0.0mm

Monthly Rain Total 4.6mm

Posted

Oh....I know where you are now....Blickingshire. Holiday near Stalham every year. I just thought you might be a bit rubbish at geography and really be in Aldeburgh.

Anyway, just went to stack some logs but despite having all the gear, could only bear half an hour. Currently -10.5C. VERY surprised to see Norfolk so cold, particularly relatively close to the coast. During my childhood in Suffolk, I can only remember it getting down to -10C once, and I was well inland at Lavenham.

By the way...I'm not suggesting for a minute you're exaggerating your readings, unlike certain members from certain places might have done in the past.

Just had a report on Look East, Apparently the "Official" cold spot on Saturday Morning was at Buxton and Llamas about 7 miles North of Norwich, got down to -17.3. The "forecaster" said that he'd never recorded anything so low in 40 years of recording. His thermometer was in a proper Stevenson Screen as well, they also mentioned Blickling, same night, -15.8, I'm about 4 miles as the crow flies from Blickling, and I got -15.6, so in the same league

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A cold and dry day with sunny spells during mid to late morning but always a bank of Alcu to the south and south west which extended far enough above the horizon to obscure the sun before 1000 and again after 1300, and at times between these hours too.

The temperature reached a max' of -2.3c for a few minutes around 1110 before falling to -4.2c by 1200 and remaining between -4.0c and -5.3c for the rest of the day.

At 1800;

Temp', -5.1c

Max' today, -2.3c

Min' last night, -6.7c

Grass ( snow ) min', -10.9c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, nil

Sunshine today, 1.25 hrs

Mean wind speed, 1 mph N

Highest gust today, 8 mph N at 1454 and 1815

4 oktas Alcu and broken Stcu

Vis', 12 km

Mean depth of lying snow; 2.3 cm.

Posted

A notably cold day today with a maximum of -3.4C. It was clear throughout with patchy freezing fog overnight and into the evening.

The temperature currently stands at -9.3C, already making it the 3rd coldest night of the last 28 years.

Theres still around 2cm of level snow in the ground, but everything is covered in rime. There was a beautiful ice crystal fall this morning too.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Clear periods with a very severe frost last night.

Mostly cloudy today, a few sunny intervals, and some light snow flurries this afternoon. Very cold, light NNW breeze.

Clear spells and frosty this evening.

Min: -14.4c @ 0230

Max: +0.1c @ 1200

Trace snow yesterday and today.

Currently: -3.9c

RH: 91%

Pressure: 1000mbar, rising slowly.

Posted

A notably cold day today with a maximum of -3.4C. It was clear throughout with patchy freezing fog overnight and into the evening.

The temperature currently stands at -9.3C, already making it the 3rd coldest night of the last 28 years.

Theres still around 2cm of level snow in the ground, but everything is covered in rime. There was a beautiful ice crystal fall this morning too.

yep, re the max, got to -4.1C which has to be the lowest max for some time. Hopefully later this evening I'll finally get round to checking the data from Finningley.

quite mild here compared to you ree, -8.1C which is the same temperature as it was around 0100 this morning, so I expect a double figure min; again not many of those in this area recently!

Posted

looking at your station, your record has just gone. Where do you think it will stop tonight?

Ah no, my record was -15C in January. The temp I was referring to was the temperature it was at the corressponding time on that night. I'm now ahead of schedule though with the temp currently at -12.4C, but over the past few nights, it's tended to rise overnight and drop back at dawn, presumably due to cloud. Tonight's crystal clear though, so I reckon we'll drop below -15C.

I know there are plenty of places colder than here at the moment, but few can be so consistently cold. This is the 102nd night of air frost and the 12th time it's dropped below -10C this calendar year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud formations

BRACEBRIDGE HEATH WEATHER

20 December 2010 9:46:13 PM

Temperature (°F):

Current 19.0

Wind chill 19.0

Dew Point 16.1

Rel Humidity 88%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust Calm

Average Speed 0 --

Rainfall (mm):

Total today 0.0

Total this year 1012.0

Pressure (hPa):

Current 1000.1

Trend (per hour) 0.0

Posted

Just got back from a few days in a relatively snow-free County Cork (the in-laws are near Skibbereen, which very rarely gets snow, and they haven't had any yet. Cork city has about an inch, and we have about 2 inches here in Reading). Currently overcast, 0.4 deg C, wind light N. Today's maximum 0.4, last night's minimum -9.4, the lowest I can remember since 1987.