Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnholmes

A Daily Look At The 12Z Output

hi

This is the first of my over views of the 12z output when interesting weather is showing on the models

It is a simple view and is mainly for those baffled by predicted events and/or still learning about the models and has several links at the end to help.

Overview of the upcoming weatherdaily-12 Dec10.doc

Well worth a read - thanks John :)

Thanks John nice little read.

Thanks John - Great for learners and thankfully free of subjective symantics :)

I knew all this already, but good to just check I had it right.

Here's a PDF version for those without Word.

Overview of the upcoming weatherdaily-12 Dec10-1.pdf

That seems like a better format for reading the document.:good:

For anyone having trouble reading the pdf version,try foxit.

Foxit Software - Downloads(Latest Version)

a quick post-no forecast today as I'm away soon and will do the routine one on Tuesday.

A quick look at the models and it suggests the forecast yesterday is about right for out to the weekend.

Bitterly cold air flooding south to all parts during Thursday with snow on the back edge for some. Frost then through most of the period, severe in places at night, with snow showers around the coasts. Details will only be clear some 12 hours ahead, so check the radar and have a go at the will it snow Guide for your own area.

I can't read Word doc's on my computer, it's all just a jumble of characters. How did you convert the Word doc to the Pdf version?

Thanks.

go file then to print on your pc and if you have loaded pdf format it shows, usually at the bottom of the list. There are free pdf downloads on the web.

Or do what I did - spend about £4 trillion on buying Acrobat before realising there are free pdf downloads on the web!

go file then to print on your pc and if you have loaded pdf format it shows, usually at the bottom of the list. There are free pdf downloads on the web.

I maybe worded my question wrong!

I can view pdf no problem, word docs I can't, so if I'm sent a word doc it's usually a jumble of characters. I'm not the worlds foremost computer genius and wondered whether there was a simple way of converting the word doc to pdf as I presumed OON had done?

Where's that photo of your magnificent invention OON?

It's best if people who write Word Documents 'Export them as a PDF' so we can all read them.

Alternatively Airedalejoe you can always install OpenOffice which is an open-source version of Microsoft Office. Being completely-free, its incredibly well supported and does 99% of what the average joe-bloggs wants out of an office suite.

http://www.openoffice.org/

I can't read Word doc's on my computer, it's all just a jumble of characters. How did you convert the Word doc to the Pdf version?

Thanks.

You have a couple of other options, other than the ones already mentioned. You can use one of the many online websites to convert word documents to PDF files for free. Pop "word to pdf conversion" into your favourite search engine.

If you run Microsoft Windows, you can also install the free Word Viewer from Microsoft. This will enable you to view and print word documents. See here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/use-word-viewer-to-read-and-print-documents-HA010186993.aspx?CTT=1

John normally does publish his stuff in PDF format, but just didn't have time on this occasion; the man from Wilshire Foods had just rung the doorbell I think.

I'll be doing another one this evening once I've assimilated what the various models seem to be saying and it will be in pdf format.

my latest simplified view with charts for Thursday and a brief look at Friday in pdf format below

Overview no 2 tue 14 dec10.pdf

sorry forgot to add the links at the bottom but go to No 1 they are all there

my latest simplified view with charts for Thursday and a brief look at Friday in pdf format below

Overview no 2 tue 14 dec10.pdf

A great read thanks John much appreciated, and helpful as a general recap on snow casting too hi.gif

apologies to all but I will be unable to update this evening, hopefully I will be able to do No 3 tomorrow but its not something I can promise, sorry about that.

John

hoping to have something up later this evening for Saturday into Monday

• Temperatures into heatwave territory and no rain

Some parts of the UK could qualify for heatwave conditions later this week and it's not the usual suspects. No rain as water levels decline and how are the evening skies for LanuchAmerica viewing? Watch the video here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

High pressure in the driving seat until at least the end of May

High pressure continues to dominate our weather until at least early next week, with most staying dry and fine. The warm conditions will spread north, and the highest temperatures will transfer to the west as the high moves east and eventually over Scandinavia. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather