Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The watcher

Musicians Corner

Just wondering do we have any musicians on Netweather?

I play guitar and a bit of drums.

This is one of my many recordings of a song, recorded this one about April/March this year.

A heavy metal instrumental.

What a great idea! yeah i like the drums, guitar, love piano's, but i write trance n techno! i do alot of drum bashing but not real ones, i sequence them in to drum machines and synths. im thinking about a new project, and thats song writing, if i was a good singer (we all are in the bathroom right ? 0: ) then i would write the song and sing it!

Just a tip to those that can't play the guitar, piano or drums but own an instrument or going to buy one, you can write music! i did it without being taught a note! You need to hit a note one at a time writing down that note you like, then build up the sequence, when you got several notes in the sequence you like then repeatly practice them, then add more notes. make or buy a note/key/string guide, #A,B.C,D,E...

Anyone else care to share their innermost musical abilities....wether it be metal/dj/dance/ambient/rock/indie/etc?

I'm currently teaching myself Guitar (and by extension Bass) as well as some piano. Would love to be able to write music but i don't really have the nack for it. Will keep trying though...

The Guitar is a beautiful instrument as it is, then usings amps and effects to electrofuzz it (disortion,flanger,delay..)create impressive sounds, i can't play the guitar but would like to.

If you cant play the intruments then invent by ear, mark the notes on for example the keyboard and write down what key you are hitting, build up the sequence, even if you dont know what notes are where. write by the sound you hear, i did it never knew a note#F now i write trance and techno tracks!

I would say I have the ear for it, I could make up tonnes of tracks, but as a suggestion to get ideas, once you become aware of the sounds you will create when you do certain things on the neck/frets...you will easily start to pickup progressions. Progressions and keys are the easiest and best way to form something musical that will sound right.

The power of music is incredible, when we listen to the stuff we like it makes us feel good, relaxed, uplifted, it depends on what type we are playing , i can change a cd or station to what mood im in, for example-reading the newspaper i need relaxed stuff! when im getting ready to get go out then a faster paced track does it for me.

When you create your own music expect ups and downs, record and play back your creations. re-mixing is great and theirs plenty out there, but original new tracks is the way fwd i think.

I have started a new project, i am writing a pop track! and thats from someone that makes trance and techno! ive started producing the track backing areas..drums,hi-hats..., writing this track is much harder than what i usually do, its not 4 to the floor as with trance beats.

I am writing the words for this song, i was considering it to be weather based, theirs not many songs about the weather. il upload a sample sometime.