Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dommy

Things That Have Happened To You That You Consider Ironic

It is ironic enough to slip in a hospital but also when you have not slipped once during this icy spell of weather

During this very cold weather, touch wood I have not slipped once but when I go to the hospital with my partner this morning, I was walking along towards the waiting area and down I go; I slipped on a patch of water on the floor right in front of a full waiting room of people.

Rather than ask for someone with a mop to clean up the patches of water, the nurse got some paper towels and wiped the water away half heartedly with her foot.

Luckily I was not hurt but I was a little red faced.

I was having my hair cut in Didsbury many years ago when the actor who played Lofty in Coronation Street came in and sat in the chair next to me. I was nursing a couple of broken fingers at the time...had it happened any other week, I could have punched him in the face.

You mean Eastenders Lofty?

Don't you follow soaps? Then again, a generator in a shed can only do so much.:whistling:

Ermm, nor do I. Now! Judges for Britain's Got Tripe 2011... Michael McCintyre, David Hasselhoff.

ITV... For shame. Bring back Bullseye.

More ratings in the Sunday evening slot than Cowell et al, BBC's Shoitly Come Prancing, ITV's I'm A Celebrity (Whooo?) Get Me Out Of Here, X Facked Up repeat?

Christmas TV for me this year... Be it Nintendo Wii, Or relax to Alistair Sim "Christmas Carol?, Kelsey Grammer of the musical 'Scrooge', Or the classic "It's a Wonderful Life."

Phil.

Curly Watts!

"Life's like a curly watts stuck on a urinal... eventually you are going to get pished off."

Rain on my wedding day, a free ride when you've already paid... The good advice that you just didn't take?

Many times, like apologising for fluking the black ball in pool only for the white to roll in 2 seconds later.

I had trouble remembering the type of memory connected to learning facts.

It is ironic enough to slip in a hospital but also when you have not slipped once during this icy spell of weather

During this very cold weather, touch wood I have not slipped once but when I go to the hospital with my partner this morning, I was walking along towards the waiting area and down I go; I slipped on a patch of water on the floor right in front of a full waiting room of people.

Rather than ask for someone with a mop to clean up the patches of water, the nurse got some paper towels and wiped the water away half heartedly with her foot.

Where there's blame there's a claim!

I had always assumed that I wouldn't find a sub zero CET month enjoyable because it wouold be too severe and too samey, and that this didn't really matter because I wouldn't ever experience one. But towards the New Year, it dawned on me that a notable December 2010-shaped issue had developed re. that line of argument...

Ironic that on the one day I can have a lie in, I wake up at 6.30am!

I slipped up quite a few times last winter, but only ended up in hospital after being attacked at the cash machine in broad daylight by some lowlife with a hammer-like object. Went flying one last time as the blows to the head made me stumble onto the ice surrounding the cashpoint. I've never seen anything so appallingly brazen in my life.

Given the weather it was the worst possible time to end up in A&E, but I had to wait barely 15 minutes before getting seen to (had some special adhesive applied to the head wound, which would have traditioanlly required stitches). I ended up nursing minor concussion for about a week, which was quite fortunate given what happened!