Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Bbc Forecasts -25C - -30C

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11883714

"There could be up to 30cm (12in) of snow in southern England by the end of Thursday. There will also be more snow showers in north-east England.On Thursday night, temperatures of up to -25C (-13F) to -30C (-22F) in some parts of Scotland are forecast"

Lol bit extreme?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The lowest temperature ever recorded in the UK is -27.2c - could that really be at risk??

Posted

It is certainly possible that records will be broken. The high pressure that is developing over the snowfields in scotland will mean that clear calm conditions will prevail on Thursday night. Given that the max in Aviemore today was about -10, I rekon that there is a 30% chance that the record could be broken!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The lowest temperature ever recorded in the UK is -27.2c - could that really be at risk??

Ha Ha, oh wow and all that. :shok:

If and it's a big If but what do you reckon Nick L and others, I may be a ramper at times but..........

See Post 10 on http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/65539-guess-the-lowest-temperature-of-the-cold-spell/page__p__1906501__fromsearch__1#entry1906501

Okay, so 3 others have joined me now but whatever happens, this cold spell is to be cherished. :cold: indeed.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather