Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The PIT

Update On My Mother

Well with the weather as it is that finally brought up the final buffer. With the day centre closed over the weekend I arrange with the day centres rapid response team for Mother to picked up today while I sort other things out. So this morning swept the fresh snow away and rang up the rapid response team and got an extremely rude women who could only say "The Centres Closed you can't bring her" That got me angry as arrangements had already been made and she wasn't listening to me.

Took her name and name of her boss she did say she'd look into things for me and promised that her boss would ring.

I then rang social services to discover my social worker was off sick. I spoke to someone else who said they would look into things for.

After an hour and no ring calls back I rang up Hurlfield who said I could take my mother across. Hurlfield also mentioned that my Mother had be assessed by the home and if I wanted respite it would be best if she had it in the new home and then transferred across properly. So I dropped my Mothe roff then drove across tot he other home to find out what was happening. The manager wasn't in but would ring me.

I then went home and rang rapid response team up and made a complaint about the lady I spoke to first thing. In that discussion it transpired that home would take her and all that was needed was a clarification whether a bed was there or not.

Anyway I had lunch went out and got some grit and of course the phone went which I couldn't answer because I was driving.

That was the social worker and we've got a place for my mother and weather permitting she would be going in tomorrow.

So barring a possible few days of snow I'm emerging from the tunnel of darkness and my get my life back.

Anyway I've got to find out who I complain to about the women I spoke too this morning as I'm been spoken too like that.

Sounds like things are improving Pit which is good news.

Personally I'd probably ignore the complaint, it's not going to change anything and is only going to waste time and potentially stress you even more. My advice would be to sit back, relax and put that one down to someone having a bad day!

Hi Pit!

Wow! does this mean your getting some proper respite at last?

If so well done you for keeping up to everything whilst you had little or no support.

Luke had some surprise respite last week as Francis House has opened a small unit for 'older' kids (our children are surviving better than ever before so many are now making it through into teenage life...along with Luke!) called Francis lodge. A big thanks to all who supported the charity!

I think you'll find that you won't be able to instantly 'switch off' but , obviously, that constant 'drip ,drip' pressure will ease for you.

Have to agree with Paul about the complaint though, don't let someone elses bad day ruin yours!

Have a great one :drinks: ,

Ian.

Sounds like things are improving Pit which is good news.

Personally I'd probably ignore the complaint, it's not going to change anything and is only going to waste time and potentially stress you even more. My advice would be to sit back, relax and put that one down to someone having a bad day!

I'm not forgetting it because this how social services works depending on the carers to be too tired to protest so they go away. Anyway I'll find who I need to make a written complaint too one email has gone off.

Luke had some surprise respite last week as Francis House has opened a small unit for 'older' kids (our children are surviving better than ever before so many are now making it through into teenage life...along with Luke!) called Francis lodge. A big thanks to all who supported the charity!

Ian.

Good news for you and Luke as well I see.

Well with the weather as it is that finally brought up the final buffer. With the day centre closed over the weekend I arrange with the day centres rapid response team for Mother to picked up today while I sort other things out. So this morning swept the fresh snow away and rang up the rapid response team and got an extremely rude women who could only say "The Centres Closed you can't bring her" That got me angry as arrangements had already been made and she wasn't listening to me.

Took her name and name of her boss she did say she'd look into things for me and promised that her boss would ring.

I then rang social services to discover my social worker was off sick. I spoke to someone else who said they would look into things for.

After an hour and no ring calls back I rang up Hurlfield who said I could take my mother across. Hurlfield also mentioned that my Mother had be assessed by the home and if I wanted respite it would be best if she had it in the new home and then transferred across properly. So I dropped my Mothe roff then drove across tot he other home to find out what was happening. The manager wasn't in but would ring me.

I then went home and rang rapid response team up and made a complaint about the lady I spoke to first thing. In that discussion it transpired that home would take her and all that was needed was a clarification whether a bed was there or not.

Anyway I had lunch went out and got some grit and of course the phone went which I couldn't answer because I was driving.

That was the social worker and we've got a place for my mother and weather permitting she would be going in tomorrow.

So barring a possible few days of snow I'm emerging from the tunnel of darkness and my get my life back.

Anyway I've got to find out who I complain to about the women I spoke too this morning as I'm been spoken too like that.

Told you things would get better under the coalition government

Told you things would get better under the coalition government

No they wont there's going to be a lot stranded older people in the near future.

update Mother can't be collected this Morning due to Snow as expected.

Last night she was extremely violent trying to break down the front door as I had hidden to key for obvious reasons. I had to physically restrain her which isn't the way I really want to spend the last few days at home with her.

She won't be collected today they will try tomorrow. the frustrating thing is I probably could take her in myself but I need to check the route first. With no one else to sit in I can't do this. More snow now moving in so I suspect tomorrow will be cancelled as well.

I really do not envy you Pit. All I have to worry about is can I get to Ecclesall tomorrow morning and then on to Broomgrove road to do my weekly duty visit?

Not much compared to your problems.

good luck.

Really need a car with 4x4 to be honest. It's not good right now here.

Cant get hold of a 4x4 so I'm still stuck. No sign of being able to get her to the home for sometime.

Cant get hold of a 4x4 so I'm still stuck. No sign of being able to get her to the home for sometime.

I'm with you on this one PIT,

I'm looking at doing my 4th straight night (and 3rd day due to school closures) due to night carers being unable to travel. I used to love the snow and now situations have turned it into my worst enemy! I'm knackered from sleep deprev. and broken from keeping clear access (should we need it ) to the home.

Not like this during heat waves? Extra Fluids and the ceiling fans on and the jobs a good un' (plus I can loll around in my hammock!)

Marry that with keeping the other kiddywinks jollied up for the sledding/snowman building and you end up looking like me right now!!!!

Have you no Piriton to do a McCann on your mum? (LOL)

Let's hope we see a partial thaw over the coming few days eh?

I'm with you on this one PIT,

I'm looking at doing my 4th straight night (and 3rd day due to school closures) due to night carers being unable to travel. I used to love the snow and now situations have turned it into my worst enemy! I'm knackered from sleep deprev. and broken from keeping clear access (should we need it ) to the home.

Not like this during heat waves? Extra Fluids and the ceiling fans on and the jobs a good un' (plus I can loll around in my hammock!)

Marry that with keeping the other kiddywinks jollied up for the sledding/snowman building and you end up looking like me right now!!!!

Have you no Piriton to do a McCann on your mum? (LOL)

Let's hope we see a partial thaw over the coming few days eh?

Problem is I can't see it. Tomorrow maybe dry but more snow forecast tonight and on Saturday (Poss freezing rain) going to be sometime yet.

Council has finally gritted our road but I've asked for to to be ploughed as well. Also asked the road outside Ascott lodge to be done as have the rapid response team. We're going to make an attempt tomorrow at 14:30.

We're going for it this afternoon as long as the weather holds off.

We're going for it this afternoon as long as the weather holds off.

good luck Pit-a wee dram to celebrate when you get home perhaps?

good luck Pit-a wee dram to celebrate when you get home perhaps?

More likely a few tears and then a sudden need to sleep.

With the slightly warmer weather than forecast and help from street force I managed to get My mother to the home. She wasn't very happy about it but didn't seem as upset as she was last time when she went into respite.

My heart goes out too anyone else in this situation as the future is going to be even worse and they'll have a even bigger struggle than I have had with social services as cuts mean even less available resources. Remember the social services, Doctors etc depend on you being tired so you won't argue so you will go away. It's a game it's a hard game to play with rules made by people who have no understanding and don't even care about the person who has the disease and the person looking after them.

Sorry PIT , I'm a little unclear as to whether this is respite or re-location?

If you've managed to get Your Mum the care she deserves then well done you!!!

If only respite then sleep!

Sorry PIT , I'm a little unclear as to whether this is respite or re-location?

If you've managed to get Your Mum the care she deserves then well done you!!!

If only respite then sleep!

Re-location as you call it.

Visited her today too drop more clothes off plus some new ones. My sister and myself were burglars but she seemed very chirpy and according to the home has settled down better than expected bar hitting one carer this morning.

Unfortunately we didn't have time too pre-pair the room as we wanted due to the weather cocking everything up.

Sleep is one thing in mind nice if I could stop sleeping with one ear cocked. Still got plenty to sort out even now which will keep me busy. Signed off sick this week and I will take some time to unwind.

I know what you mean amount the 'one ear cocked'.......you'd be amazed how many Tills sound like Luke's feed pump alarming!!!! (not to mention the number of sheep that make a noise like his noises!!!) I hope it fades pretty quickly and you can settle back into knowing what an absolute star you have been (for all your family) and that you have done a job (well) that many on here would run from (given the 'Run' option!)

It's never 'easy' but I'm sure you'll find it better living with yourself knowing that you stood up to the mark when the moment called for it (instead of leaving it to everyone else!).

Well done you! I'm sure your mums somewhere that can bring her what she needs better than one man alone (and struggling?) ever could and that you can 're-start' your life again (after putting it on hold for so long!).

:drinks::good::D

Good example of one ear cocked. Last night was woken by someone walking about outside. They were walking there dog and just throwing snow balls on top of the pile of snow I created earlier. They weren't noisy I just woke up straight away.