Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mondy

Wikileaks

Has anyone sent a diplomatic message asking where the warm air is?

Or what about this one from Germany, "you can have Paul ze octopus, he is of no further use to us."

Love the two faced Arab Countries. Blow up iran will you please and in the meantime we'll let the Islamic extremists blow you up.

Love the two faced Arab Countries. Blow up iran will you please and in the meantime we'll let the Islamic extremists blow you up.

Likewise all the leaks about Prince Andrews comments ref BAE/Saudi arms deal bribes. Anyone who has worked, or any insight, in the defence industry knows "wheels have to be greased" to stand any remote chance of winning contracts.

The most interesting thing I have read is that they plan to release information in the new year that will almost certainly bring one of the big US banks down.

When asked if it was the biggest bank?

Julian Assange replied "No comment"

The most likely ones in my opinion are:

Bank of America Merrill Lynch

J P Morgan

Goldman Sachs

All American banks share values were hit yesterday, although the european debt crisis probably explains at least part of this.

Julian Assange is a man who needs to sleep with one eye open.

Reminds me of the Pink Panther movie where all the worlds secret service agents are instructed to kill Clouseau.

The inevitability is that instead of making governments more open, they will tighten security and introduce new penalties for handling stolen (leaked if you prefer) information.

ffO.

The most interesting thing I have read is that they plan to release information in the new year that will almost certainly bring one of the big US banks down.

When asked if it was the biggest bank?

Julian Assange replied "No comment"

The most likely ones in my opinion are:

Bank of America Merrill Lynch

J P Morgan

Goldman Sachs

All American banks share values were hit yesterday, although the european debt crisis probably explains at least part of this.

I'd add citi to that list as well, however the most political and likely one would be Goldman, if half the stories I've heard about them are correct then I wonder why on earth they are still trading. (Well I know the answer to that, it because they are tied into so much govt funding work and have the nounce to have the contacts in the correct places).

"The British government took unspecified "measures" to protect American interests during the ongoing British investigation into the causes of the 2003 invasion of Iraq, according to a September 2009 State Department cable released by WikiLeaks." - [salon, 11/30/2010]

Is it really a suprise to anyone that the Russian Government is linked with Mafia?

Tell us something new please!

An interesting development over night. The DNS services provided by used by wikileaks have been turned off by American company EveryDNS

http://news.netcraft...s-provider.html

This means that you can only access wikileaks by the use of an ip address, like this one 46.59.1.2 This obviously makes the site a lot more difficult to find for a non technical user.

However, the Swiss political party, the Pirate Party, has stepped in and registered a Swiss domain wikileaks.ch

http://news.netcraft...witzerland.html

America can hardly go after another countries political party and insist the close down one of their domains.

If you look at wikileaks.ch you will see wikileaks sites are springing up across Europe wikileaks.de wikileaks.nl wikileaks.fi

The above action will effectively mean that any attempt by a government to shut down wikileaks will be very difficult, if not impossible, to achieve.

In another twist, according to web news site news.netcraft.com/, wikileaks.ch, has had its DNS services pulled again by American company EveryDNS.

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2010/12/03/wikileaks-ch-goes-down-as-everydns-pulls-the-plug-again.html

Interestingly this URL is still working for me although my isp may he holding a cached version of the site.

Another ip address for wikileaks is 213.251.145.96 This ip address points to the servers located in France that are hosting the site content.

wlcentral.org/ has a round up of the latest wikileaks news.

Is it really a suprise to anyone that the Russian Government is linked with Mafia?

Tell us something new please!

Next we will be getting leaks that FIFA isn't 100% clean.

The truth hurts it seems going by SCC's posts above ^^ :whistling:

This whole episode just gets more bizarre by the hour. There are some details below regarding the 'rape' allegation being 'investigated by the Swedish authorities.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/12/sex-charges-and-arrest-warrant-against.html

It is good to see the UK police are in no rush to enforce the Interpol warrant for Assange's alleged 'crime' of .......... 'having sex without a condom'.

This story is now reported on

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1335244/WikiLeaks-given-100-000-encrypted-versions-secret-files-insurance.html

I have no doubt the US would have put a bullet in his head if they thought this would have stopped everything, however I am sure it wouldn't.

The biggest surprise by the leaks so far, seem to be the petty and ugly nature of the US diplomat, wherever they are based. They seem to think it's acceptable to talk rubbish with derog remarks about other peoples governments. Nobody will trust a US diplomat after this and rightly so.

I have no doubt the US would have put a bullet in his head if they thought this would have stopped everything, however I am sure it wouldn't.

The biggest surprise by the leaks so far, seem to be the petty and ugly nature of the US diplomat, wherever they are based. They seem to think it's acceptable to talk rubbish with derog remarks about other peoples governments. Nobody will trust a US diplomat after this and rightly so.

I bet the same applies to every country diplomats when they report back.

So far all rather bland and basically expected stuff.

I bet the same applies to every country diplomats when they report back.

So far all rather bland and basically expected stuff.

Agreed... It's all a bit like publicising fishwifes gossip... "she said this.. she said that." ...albeit on rather more crucial issues than the price of pork.

Most Countries diplomatic/intelligence services are all slagging each other off and eaves dropping/bugging each other... and have been doing so for years..... you only have to read some of the British documents that get regulary offically released after the Statute of Limitation on secrecy expires.

Latest leaks isn't going down well. It does put civilian staff at risk though and was a silly thing to release.

I'm surprised that despite all our surveillance we can't find the guy. Clearly been trained by Binnie boy in the art of hiding.

I'm surprised that despite all our surveillance we can't find the guy. Clearly been trained by Binnie boy in the art of hiding.

It's all a conspiracy. He's been hiding in PP's bedroom. :whistling: (just kidding)

Seriously they've always known where he is. It's just working out the most "diplomatic" way to gag him, and by whom, that's taking the time.

The latest leaks go beyond political embarassment and as Pit says, are putting innocent civilian lives at serious risk. Although the information may already be in the public domain, if one looked hard enough, publishing it in the form of "Terrorist Soft Targets for Dummies" isn't really a good idea.

The US diplomatic cables reveal some startling facts:â–º The US asked its diplomats to steal personal human material and information from UN officials and human rights groups, including DNA, fingerprints, iris scans, credit card numbers, internet passwords and ID photos, in violation of international treaties. Presumably Australian UN diplomats may be targeted, too.

â–º King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia asked the US to attack Iran.

â–º Officials in Jordan and Bahrain want Iran's nuclear program stopped by any means available.

â–º Britain's Iraq inquiry was fixed to protect "US interests".

â–º Sweden is a covert member of NATO and US intelligence sharing is kept from parliament.

â–º The US is playing hardball to get other countries to take freed detainees from Guantanamo Bay. Barack Obama agreed to meet the Slovenian President only if Slovenia took a prisoner. Our Pacific neighbour Kiribati was offered millions of dollars to accept detainees.

In its landmark ruling in the Pentagon Papers case, the US Supreme Court said "only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government". The swirling storm around WikiLeaks today reinforces the need to defend the right of all media to reveal the truth.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/in-depth/wikileaks/dont-shoot-messenger-for-revealing-uncomfortable-truths/story-fn775xjq-1225967241332

He handed himself in. If the stories are right it should be thrown out dunno if our court can throw the case out. I certainly wouldn't deport anyone from what I've seen. The CIA could do a lot better than that if they wished.

No the CIA favoured method is chucking people out of high rise windows in apparent suicides, the history of depression usually follows afterwards?

I guess in this case the CIA would be working on the basis that trump up charges would look so obvious that no one would suspect them of any input ??

• Some first weekend of Summer - even the pigeons don't fancy it

Gusting winds, showers and persistent rain - not the type of weather you'd usually associate with the first weekend of summer. But there will be some improvement through the weekend and into next week. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2020-06-05 21:46:10 Valid: 06/06/2020 0600 - 07/06/2020 0600 THUNDERSTORM OUTLOOK - SAT 6TH JUNE 2020 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather