Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Guess The Lowest Temperature Of The Cold Spell

70 members have voted

1. 1. What will the lowest temperature be?

• above -10C
    • -10 to -14.9
    • -15 to -19.9
    • -20 to - 24.9
    • -25 to - 27.2
    • -27.3 or below, a new UK record!

That's right, guess the lowest temperature of the cold spell, according to the met office measurements, and the station it is recorded at. No more entries after midnight tomorrow, and the winner should be known in a couple of weeks (if the cold spell is over by then!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

-22'C Dalwhinnie, Highland, Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Ok I ramped it for the record, the reason being because I'm going for a very prolonged spell of cold bitter weather. :cold: as predicted by some of the respected forecasters on here I might well add.

Personally I think Mondy may well be nearer with -23c Loch Glascarnoch.

Wintry Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Loch Glascarnoch at -14.3C and it's mostly cloudy!

-13C at Altnaharra with light snow!

-13.5C at Sennybridge under clear skies.

-15C should easily be done somewhere tonight, -16/-17 possible?

Amazing for November, it's normal for many winters to have -15C until January.

What's the record minimum for November? I think -20C could be done in the next few days, Shap/Tulloch Bridge/Sennybridge/Altnaharra/Braemar/Loch G.

One of them...

Posted

Its hard to pick from the various Scotish prone spots which is most likely. Altnaharra seems to be the form horse over the last few years so I'll say there and -24. I'd like to see somewhere in England get below -20. Most likely for that would seem to be Spadeadam, Shap, Woodford, Redesdale Camp or maybe Shawbury as an outsider.

Posted

Altnaharra down to -20.3C already at 03:00. As things slacken further through the week before that low pressure arrives from the North theres a good chance of close to record-breaking minima up there in the Highlands.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Tomasz Shafnacker (or how ever you spell his name) on the 1.30pm BBC 1 forecast said he expects the 27c record to be broken tomorrow night - and it to be as low as -30c somewhere in Scotland.

This cold spell is going to be one the remember, just hope its a one off and not the sign of a new pattern.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Its hard to pick from the various Scotish prone spots which is most likely. Altnaharra seems to be the form horse over the last few years so I'll say there and -24. I'd like to see somewhere in England get below -20. Most likely for that would seem to be Spadeadam, Shap, Woodford, Redesdale Camp or maybe Shawbury as an outsider.

-27.5c Altnaharra a new record low

Posted

-21.2 at 10.00am at Altnaharra and seemingly on the way down rather than up. Bonkers. Surely if it stays clear between now and this time tomorrow there then they have a chance of breaking their own record.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/he/altnaharra_latest_weather.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

The lowest will be tonight,

I will go for minus 28C at Loch Glascarnoch.

Posted

I wonder if the Scilly Isles will receive an air frost? Already down to 1.3C. How often does it get below 0C there?

Very rare I imagine, but it happened last night, with St Marys just dipping to -0.2C.

Its very cold over the entire UK at the moment and looks to be the widespread coldest night for quite some time. At 1700 just 17 Metoffice stations are above freezing.

Posted

A possible -21 degrees maybe -22 degrees in somewhere like Aboyne tonight, don't think Altnaharra will drop as low as -21 degrees thanks to cloud building later in the night.

As for the rest of the country, looks like being the coldest widespread night since the first week of last January. Many parts will see -6 - -10 degrees.

Next week has potential for lower minima due to lighter winds and clearer skies accompanied by the extensive snow cover.

Its quite extradoniary to be talking such conditions in a period of the year when westerlies reach their yearly maxim - just like last winter everything has been turned on its head in what has been a year dominated by synoptics which have taken a departure from the norm.