Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Snow Club 2010/2011

Posted

Always thought this thread was only for folk from the west country or Ireland in the past, but I still qualify at the moment as has been bright and bone dry here. No offence, but I hope to get my ticket out of the 'no snow' club fairly soon....

Have had a few snowy hillwalks over the last few weeks and is currently below -4C though so not feeling too deprived.

Posted

Another Stourbridge member of the club here.

We'll be holding the fort here while the rest of you rush off to the snow reports thread over the weekend!

Edited by Gord

Posted

I have to join as I live in the Cheshire Gap.

It's a gap between wintry precipitation.

Lol :)

Well, looks like I may have to leave this thread soon, Met Office showing snow for tomorrow morning for me. On the other hand, knowing how reliable their forecasts are......

Posted

Add Windermere, Keswick, Kendal to the list, in fact add the whole of the Lake District to the list where only the slightest of flurries has been evident so far. Only the highest parts of the Helvellyn range and top of Skiddaw and Blencathra have any appreciable snow cover- very poor indeed considering this is supposed to be a widespread snow event.

Indeed the majority of the country and most notably the most populous part has seen nothing.

Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London have seen nothing.

The only counties so far to have had appreciable snow are Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, County Durham, North and East Ridings, Teeside, Norfolk, Cornwall and Devon.

In Scotland only the NW highlands and Aberdeenshire and Borders have seen any real snow.

Wales surprisingly has done very well - the shift to a direct northerly today has favoured them and the south west in particular.

Edited by damianslaw

Posted

Add Windermere, Keswick, Kendal to the list, in fact add the whole of the Lake District to the list where only the slightest of flurries has been evident so far. Only the highest parts of the Helvellyn range and top of Skiddaw and Blencathra have any appreciable snow cover- very poor indeed considering this is supposed to be a widespread snow event.

Indeed the majority of the country and most notably the most populous part has seen nothing.

Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London have seen nothing.

The only counties so far to have had appreciable snow are Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, County Durham, North and East Ridings, Teeside, Norfolk, Cornwall and Devon.

In Scotland only the NW highlands and Aberdeenshire and Borders have seen any real snow.

Wales surprisingly has done very well - the shift to a direct northerly today has favoured them and the south west in particular.

...and when you read reports from these areas, (outside eastern Scotland the far northeast of England, and western Wales)...they've only had dustings or the snow has melted away during the day. (Please correct me from these regions if I am wrong!)

Ask them is they'be had the beautiful bright winter's day with the sunrises and sunsets that we've been getting. I mean dusk today was just beautiful. (A dusk like that over snowcover would be better!)

I shall look forward to a bright brisk walk in the countryside this weekend and forget about snow.....just take in what we have!

Edited by Gord

Guest Quantumsnow

Seeing as i'm in the no storms club from summer as well I might as well go the whole nine yards, so count me in.

I seem to remember we had a whining thread last year too but this'll do for starters.

Every time I look at the radar I just see... white! with a few pink splodges like the measles if i'm really lucky (not that I was actually forecast/expecting anything anyway, but I can hope!)

At this rate i'm going to be forced to do a snow dance :pardon:

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Old habits die hard.

Posted

White here now :( I REALLY dont want any snow this year for a change. For one, i saw enough of it last year, it looks pretty for a little while then it grates on me. I have ALOT of places to get to. I have to travel across to the borders for work on sunday, by public transport too! Then next weekend (5th december) ive got to travel to Wolverhampton to see some friends, and its cost me a fortune already. I REALLY do not want snow. NOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

Posted

Glasgow and the Central Lowlands are officially out of this club as of now.

Lovely and white outside after last nites relatively short spell of snow but enough to cheer us up and declare us non-members of the now snow club.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still awaiting some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

well im out of this now pleased to say, around 2 cms of snow last night, everything white

Posted

Essex is dry as a bone and looks like being that way all weekend and into next week. Have to say without a decent snowfall, IMO would be nice if the cold cleared off now. High heating bills and cancelled football matches = rubbish weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Yes here in Chelmsford (Mid Essex) it is bone dry too. Hoping for some snow from late Monday onwards, but in the meantime I would likwe to join the No Snow Club please

Posted

Im joining up because this cold spell is biased to the coasts. :p

Going to be in here for a long time at this rate...

Ha Dont make me laugh

Leigh On Sea is one of the farthest east regions (YES EAST) :cray: And we have been no-where near to snow nor look like doing so for the foreseeable

So I will come in and settle down in this little club please

Posted

Left the club with a dusting early this morning.

How long do you have to go without snow to re-qualify?!

Posted

Snow yesterday & today on many parts of the south coast, except here :nonono:

Sign me up to the club please :drinks:

Posted

I'm in, no snow here, though a fair bit just a few miles in all directions! We had a shower yesterday, but nothing on the ground. The only white stuff is the frost!

Posted

Glasgow and the Central Lowlands are officially out of this club as of now.

Lovely and white outside after last nites relatively short spell of snow but enough to cheer us up and declare us non-members of the now snow club.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still awaiting some.

Absolutely,

Had to travel from Motherwell to Perth and back via Kinross and Glasgow today and nowhere has escaped the snow. A lot of places, including here, were still in the no-snow club at 10pm last night so don't lose hope snow-free people!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

So EASILY qualify for the NSC in my location, but I'm glad we're at the start of winter and there's a long way to go yet! Out to a friend's 40th party tonight to drown no snow sorrows and celebrate the snow that will at some point make this club totally obsolete! :whistling::drinks:

Posted

still nothing in eccles ,greater manchester......it would seem the media are ramping this one up again,to be honest where it has snowed which is probably less thatn half of britain ,dotted about,it has not been that thick..there is the odd place which has had snow which warrants problems but most places either have none or hardly any..the media really ,really annoy me ,it is not newsworthy .

Posted

Found my place of solitude in here. I have no snow, and the outlook remains snowless here in Lancashire. I've never been a fan of North Easterlies and Easterlies! sad.gif