Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

I Just Got This, Which Isn't A Good Sign

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

And Cookie, currently 847 users and winter isn't even here yet? :whistling:

I blame the media and the papers for all this PRE-HYPE but then again, Netweather is the place to be.

Good luck all with the challenges ahead, Mods/Paul et.al

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The forum seems very, very wobbly tonight for me. Failing to load on several occasions. Not even 1000 users online yet!! :unsure:

Posted

The servers themselves are actually fine at the moment, there's just some fine tuning of the load balancer and firewalls required which is ongoing. It's a new setup and as this is the first really busy period since we switched to it, there is a certain amount of tweaking required. It's ongoing and should all settle down soon enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It's fine for me, although logging on sometimes doesn't work and i have to press back and try again, otherwise it's fairly quick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The servers themselves are actually fine at the moment, there's just some fine tuning of the load balancer and firewalls required which is ongoing. It's a new setup and as this is the first really busy period since we switched to it, there is a certain amount of tweaking required. It's ongoing and should all settle down soon enough.

Thanks for the update Paul and good luck as I said, the later part of this week will certainly be manic on many a thread!

Just a quick question, at most times, I notice approximately half of all users logged on are guests. Would it not be sensible to keep certain threads open to Members Only or is this not acceptable/appropriate? would it not help the load stress etc. on the server/s in busier times.

Anyway, whatever, i'm looking forward to yet another interesting winter ahead of us.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

KK, my coin in the colection. I got it around 1600-1630 maily... hope this helps. it seems fine now

Posted

Thanks for the update Paul and good luck as I said, the later part of this week will certainly be manic on many a thread!

Just a quick question, at most times, I notice approximately half of all users logged on are guests. Would it not be sensible to keep certain threads open to Members Only or is this not acceptable/appropriate? would it not help the load stress etc. on the server/s in busier times.

Anyway, whatever, i'm looking forward to yet another interesting winter ahead of us.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Some parts of the forum is limited to members only, but in the main we are committed to keeping it open to all. As I say - the servers are coping ok, and we can (and probably will) add extra boxes to the cluster through the winter with relatively little notice. The issues over the last 24 hours are related to other things which unfortunately when it comes to initially getting them right are a case of a bit of trial and error.

Posted

Some parts of the forum is limited to members only, but in the main we are committed to keeping it open to all. As I say - the servers are coping ok, and we can (and probably will) add extra boxes to the cluster through the winter with relatively little notice. The issues over the last 24 hours are related to other things which unfortunately when it comes to initially getting them right are a case of a bit of trial and error.

Thanks.

I never knew some parts of this site was members only apart from the obvious areas. This place certainly is a well oiled website 99% of the time and i look forward to record breaking cold for november and record breaking numbers on netweather.tv

I really cannnot believe the numbers on the forums already. :o

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

You know when the server is under pressure when it turns Avatars off. ;-)

Posted

Everyone finding the site/forum faster and more stable today?

Yes Paul, but I can't keep up with all the bloody posts? :yahoo:

Not even hardly any snow anywhere YET! and there's MAYHEM.

Wintry Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Running smooth as a baby's butt, Paul.:good: more than i can say for certain members though..! Tonights model thread gets pretty unbearable at times...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Much much better tonight. Thanks Paul. :)

Posted

Everyone finding the site/forum faster and more stable today?

why? has there been a problem then Paul? :unknw:

:lol: i dont envy you mate. how does the saying go..... you can please some of the people................ :D

actually, having been here a few years now, the forum/site is running very well considering the amount of posting and quantitiy of people on it. well done NW :)

Posted

Just been logged out several times just now and when i try to log in sever error 403 Access denied appears in big bright red bold characters. Even happened when using the link from Twitter too..:cc_confused:

Posted

howdo - when you get a 403 can you post up the address of the page in here - just copy and paste from your address bar

thanks

Posted

howdo - when you get a 403 can you post up the address of the page in here - just copy and paste from your address bar

thanks

Ello

Will do Karl if it happens again, has been fine this morning though.

Edited by NL