Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stewfox

Christmas preparations

My neighbour put a few lights up 3 weeks ago ! He has now finished so all lights up by 20th November

I dont usually until 2 weeks before the big day

However with the big freeze forcast I'm tempted to go early

All those lights against a back drop of snow :rolleyes:

Week before or otherwise i get bored with whole affair :drinks:

Usually a week before, sometimes a day or two before if I have been busy. The playing of seasonal music starts sooner though.

Any time after December 1. Mrs S. occasionally tries to twist my arm into putting up the Christmas tree in late November but I usually manage to resist.

Usually a week before, sometimes a day or two before if I have been busy. The playing of seasonal music starts sooner though.

Yes the adds on tele dont stop do they ? :rolleyes:

I think we will have the 'Sales music' by the 20th Dec this time around.

Having the poor sense of timing to have a baby on 23rd December, in a vain effort to keep her birthday separate the tree never used to go up until Christmas Eve; now she's all grown up and left home it goes up about a week before. Looking forward to the wonderful smell :)

The christmas tree goes up the first sunday after Bonfire Night in my house :) Some people think its too early but I personally don't as we get to enjoy it for longer and makes it feel nice and christmassy :yahoo:

Last weekend before Christmas

Usually on a Sunday around 2 weeks before Christmas day, but this year we might do it 3 weeks before as we're going on holiday in the run up to Christmas.

Never :rolleyes:

Just have a bit of holly/spruce tree as an arrangement.

Might succomb to a baubel on it - that's all.

It isn't actually compulsory

Gonna be first year putting up a xmas tree in my own place. Will be going up first weekend of December, though my girlfriend would rather much earlier!

Gonna be first year putting up a xmas tree in my own place. Will be going up first weekend of December, though my girlfriend would rather much earlier!

Be nice and let the girlfriend have her way who knows you may get an early chistmas pressent :whistling:

Be nice and let the girlfriend have her way who knows you may get an early chistmas pressent :whistling:

Hmm... I wouldn't what he could get whistling.gifrofl.gif

25th November, each year. No different this year...

The weekend nearest the 12th December for us. 12th Day of Christmas and all that tradition...

Decs up 12 days before the event, and down 12 days after

But if I start giving in now :lol:

Our trees usually go up on the 1st December, despite all M'Lord's Scrooge type mutterings.

When do you honestly put your xmas tree up..

dont be embarrassed if its July..lol

Also do you have a real one or Artificial

Im thinking of putting the tree up next weekend :pardon:

I normally leave it until a week before xmas and take it down Jan 2nd

But its a special one for me this year for personal reason's so a earlier one might be good

The tree is no longer going up the first weekend of December. We've come to a compromise, tis now the 1st of December.

Tis gonna be an artificial one for here and as tacky as they come...

Our trees usually go up on the 1st December, despite all M'Lord's Scrooge type mutterings.

but you love him really?

Im doing something different this year as I have decided to put them up this Sunday.

This will be the earliest ever :unsure:

will post a pic of the set up Sunday

Put ours up 14th Nov this year, we try and aim for the middle weekend of Nov every year. The trees are all artificial (yes, tree's') but they all look fantastic and make for some lovely cosy evenings by the fire, sipping mulled wine.

I read in some of the Scotland forums that people are seriously thinking of stocking up on food for Christmas in case there is the type oof weather forecast and there are shortages.

I'm just interested to know how late you will leave your preparation.

I was thinking of getting fresh food eg veg on 23rd december but if the weather is going to get that bad even for the south I'm now wondering if it would be wise to get in some tins of veg and frozen veg just in case.

get all your shopping now. i have. frozen etc. i have made loads of meals and frozen them. you can do all of it if you think ahead. frozen mashed carrot and swede with butter. frozen sprouts with chestnuts and bacon. frozen stuffing, cranberries, bread sauce. all of it. also loads of other meals to just take out. fish pie, curry etc. you can do it it all if you have a freezer (or 3) big enough. if you go the week before, cream etc will still be in date. it will be an enormous sense of relief if you make a list and get it all sorted. also, the plus side is that the closer you get to christmas the shops are packed and they run out of stuff.

• Some first weekend of Summer - even the pigeons don't fancy it

Gusting winds, showers and persistent rain - not the type of weather you'd usually associate with the first weekend of summer. But there will be some improvement through the weekend and into next week. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2020-06-05 21:46:10 Valid: 06/06/2020 0600 - 07/06/2020 0600 THUNDERSTORM OUTLOOK - SAT 6TH JUNE 2020 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather