Wx: Windy, occasional showers

Temp: 5.3C

Wind Chill Temp -1.3C

Dewpoint: 3.3C

Wind: ENE @ 30.6kts (Force 7)

Gust: ENE @ 44.7kts (Severe Gale 9)

Gust today: ENE @ 54.4kts (Storm 10)

Pressure: 1017hpa (falling slowly)

More localized flooding in swansea today,met office local forecaste a joke need to be scraped now , they local showers dying out by 12 heavy rain flooding murton clydach 2pm flooding in bishopston ,the bbc need to find alternative weather forecaste providers they time and time again cock up , you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

I cannot agree with that, the vast majority of the time the Met Office are correct, not all the time and I will criticise them when they deserve it. The UKMO met office model and its high resolution counterpart the NAE are amongst the best forecasting tools for the UK, so why move from the best. Yesterday 44mm of rain fell in Mumbles which was forecast well in advance, today 17mm of rain fell, so whilst today's rain clearly did not help with the flooding situation, most of this was caused by yesterdays rain, and late run off.

After the heavy rain earlier it is now completely clear, and surprising light outside in the moonlight.

Posted

I cannot agree with that, the vast majority of the time the Met Office are correct, not all the time and I will criticise them when they deserve it. The UKMO met office model and its high resolution counterpart the NAE are amongst the best forecasting tools for the UK, so why move from the best. Yesterday 44mm of rain fell in Mumbles which was forecast well in advance, today 17mm of rain fell, so whilst today's rain clearly did not help with the flooding situation, most of this was caused by yesterdays rain, and late run off.

After the heavy rain earlier it is now completely clear, and surprising light outside in the moonlight.

You missing the point jack one the foecasters nationally and locally stated a clearance would happen at noon in fact we had very heavy showers pm 2pm causing flooding in various areas ,im not argueing on there informaion they get but the quality of there forecastes.