Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Incredible Cold Late Nov/december 1890

thevalley

Posted
  • Location: Biggin Hill Kent (205m often in the low temp league)
  • Location: Biggin Hill Kent (205m often in the low temp league)

Mr Data -Help Needed. -Just looked at my old London Weather Book with records of Kew Temps going back to 1841 -Just wondering what the rest of the country was like. Im sure you have covered this but I suppose the odds must a 100 to 1 for a repeat coming up.

Record for Kew London 1890/1891

Nov 1890 Max day temp +14.6c Lowest Max temp -3.6c Lowest Min -5.8c (2 Freezing day recorded )

Dec 1890 Max day temp +6.6c Lowest Max temp -5.8c Lowest Min -11.8c (16 Freezing days Recorded) (10 consecutive days below freezing)

Nov Mean +6.0c

Dec Mean -1.5c

January Feb and March 1891 were also cold (March 1891 had one of the greatest snow storms which lasted two days with drifts of 11ft even near to Central London.

A Mild start to November ending in a very cold last week. - December coldish start -incredible cold from 8th to Mid Jan but with 24 dry days in December

Anyway -could we be on the verge of a similar set-up :whistling:

Posted

I have on this site and on Ukweatherworld. I covered it in more detail on Ukweatherworld

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6544&posts=14&start=1

Got a list of minimum temperatures recorded for locations around Europe during that period. I post them sometime.

• 3 weeks later...