Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osbourne One-Nil

Ipod Stupid Sodding Shuffle

I've got an iPod nano as my son's got my lovely iPod touch with him today. I've synced what I want to sync through iTunes, but when I come to listen to anything, there's only ever one track. No matter what setting I have it on, I can't forward or go back to any other bloody track. I've checked in iTunes again, I've tried manual syncing, automatic syncing,resetting it....stupid buggy sodding useless bit of unintuative upitself junk.

Does anyone know what might be happening, because if I don't get this working soon, there'll be one extra bit of rubbish bobbing about in the Irish Sea in a day or two's time.

Try resetting the iPod to it's factory settings. It seems like there could be a bug within the HDD, or even a song that has been downloaded that contained a virus.

Reset it to it's factory settings (This will wipe everything off it) then re-sync it.

Yep - when I plug it back into itunes, they're all there....I think. I do find the whole thing rather unintuitive, but when I click on the device, and then each category (ie, books, music, podcasts), the things I think I've synced with the iPod appear ticked, and the memory size used appears consistent too.

I've always doubted these little screenless things, but as I say, my son's got my Touch, because he wanted something to watch while freezing his arse off at a triathlon in Hexham. He didn't even come in the top three, so he'll pay when he gets home.

Could be unrelated to the iPod. Re-install iTunes and make sure your iPod's software is up to date? :)

Both iTunes and the iPod's software was updated today, but I'm heading home now and will try on my laptop which I know works perfectly with my Touch, so I'll see how I get on.

Ta!

Both iTunes and the iPod's software was updated today, but I'm heading home now and will try on my laptop which I know works perfectly with my Touch, so I'll see how I get on.

Ta!

That's me out of ideas then sorry.

If it doesn't work on your laptop, it must be broken? :cc_confused:

Do you mean an ipod shuffle? (as you mentioned it had no screen). If so, I am pretty sure that one of the sliding switches at the bottom toggles between 'shuffle' and 'repeat 'modes - perhaps it is switched to 'repeat'??  

Oh yeah - it's a Shuffle! I'm not very good at this.

I have toggled between random and normal mode, but no luck there. Just downloading the latest iTunes on the laptop to see if it works at home.

What was wrong with Walkmans?

Apple stuff just works didn't you know that????

I narrowed it down a bit. I can play music tracks, no problem, and can skip between tracks easily. II can do the same with Podcasts. However, I can't play podcasts if there's also music on the Shuffle. I then found a thread on the Apple website where someone else had the same problem, and he solved it by changing the file type from podcast to music in iTunes.

So apart from that....

Not owning a shuffle my self but does it access the files from different folders ? might be worth changing the tag of the file in itunes to match the rest. i might be totally off track on this hehe