Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nick sussex

Dolphins Are Cute, Pigs Aren't Wheres My Bacon Sarnie?

The question for other members. Are we hypocrites in deciding that we'll eat meat and fish but not whalemeat in Japan, dogs in Korea etc.

My view we shouldn't eat anything that is endangered but then I go all isn't that cute and intelligent like the dolphin and hate to see these beautiful creatures slaughtered. Then I look at my dogs and think OMG how can anyone eat a dog!

Should we be more accepting of other countries choices as to what they deem acceptable to eat?

The question for other members. Are we hypocrites in deciding that we'll eat meat and fish but not whalemeat in Japan, dogs in Korea etc.

My view we shouldn't eat anything that is endangered but then I go all isn't that cute and intelligent like the dolphin and hate to see these beautiful creatures slaughtered. Then I look at my dogs and think OMG how can anyone eat a dog!

Should we be more accepting of other countries choices as to what they deem acceptable to eat?

Yes.

Yes.

Succinct.

Are we hypocrites in deciding that we'll eat meat and fish but not whalemeat in Japan, dogs in Korea etc.

Of course there is the argument that we also harvest to extinction. Overfishing in the North Sea springs to mind.

The extinction list for the UK continues with brown bears, wolves, mouse eared bat, lynx, bustard, auk........the list goes on to around 500 species.

It's the same for nuclear energy, pollution, deforestation, genetic crops, human rights.........

And don't get me going about the Dodo. You wouldn't like me if you get me going about the Dodo.

ffO

And don't get me going about the Dodo. You wouldn't like me if you get me going about the Dodo.

The Dodo was the only species ever to evolve that was totally inedible! We had to import rats to eat the eggs to wipe those ugly critters out :lol:

Yes, we should respect their cultures and eating habits....its no different to any meat eating in any culture, including our own.

Although I've always wondered since it's okay for us to kill and eat, so it is for an animal to kill and eat a human?!

No disrespect to anyone who has lost a family member through an animal attack....but indeed...we are animals aswell and have predators too.