Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Help With Weather Stations

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Sorry to be re-creating another one of these, as i can't find the last one on this topic!

I am looking for a new weather station, as i have had this for a year or 2 now and it doesn't seem to be that great!

I have a limited budget max of £100, has anyone got any good suggestions? Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Mate your not going to find any decent ones at under £100 but this one http://www.weathershop.co.uk/shop/oregon-scientific-wmr100n-weather-station.html which I own Is £129.96 + £7.50 p&p and is very good value one of the best around for a low budget so Id advise you strongly to purchase this station the only problem I currently have is that the temperature is badly affected by the sunlight but thats my problem and not a problem with the station so I recommend this :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Mate your not going to find any decent ones at under £100 but this one http://www.weathersh...er-station.html which I own Is £129.96 + £7.50 p&p and is very good value one of the best around for a low budget so Id advise you strongly to purchase this station the only problem I currently have is that the temperature is badly affected by the sunlight but thats my problem and not a problem with the station so I recommend this :)

Cheers, an extra £30 wont hurt :)

Posted

I was thinking of buying a weather station, http://www.maplin.co...ModuleNo=228825 thoughts anyone?

That is the one i currently have i believe, it was £100 when i got it over a year ago, i got my first one of them 2-3 years ago and had to replace it as the first one didn't work properly, the touch screen on the reciever inside broke! Its been alright i guess, but this one the rain guage stops working, and seems to take barro readings a bit extreme sometimes!

I personally would not recommend it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

I was thinking of buying a weather station, http://www.maplin.co...ModuleNo=228825 thoughts anyone?

That is the one I have just bought. I've only had it a week or so but so far so good. Seemed like a good offer at half price. For £65 you can't grumble. I'm a total novice so I didn't really want to pay any more than that at the moment. So to start off for a beginner I'd recommend it. Also the software included works with Windows 7. :good:

If you are going to buy a weather station with software included don't forget to check that it's compatible with your operating system.

Mate your not going to find any decent ones at under £100 but this one http://www.weathersh...er-station.html which I own Is £129.96 + £7.50 p&p and is very good value one of the best around for a low budget so Id advise you strongly to purchase this station the only problem I currently have is that the temperature is badly affected by the sunlight but thats my problem and not a problem with the station so I recommend this :)

Yeah looks ok that. It states in the comments section that the software included with the station isn't compatible with Windows 7 though so just giving the heads up on that.

Edited by Lancashire Lass

Posted

for anyone else here who might be in caithness... the local weather guru has a thing going with our local branch of the British Science Association where they donate weather stations and a computer tower to various volunteers around Caithness.. I notice they looking for another volunteer just now... so, anybody interested try caithness.org in the general section. I would do it in a flash but, havna got broadband.. :-(

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

La Crosse ws2350 can be around that price - good for the money.

Agreed, a most useful station, accurate for rain, pressure and reasonably accurate for temperatures depending on locational factors, and capable of uploading to the Internet, excellent for £100.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

would recommend the Oregon WMR100n - only issue i had was interferrance from my PC but has been resolved by rearranging the room!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Despite being a long time Oregon user, I switched to La Crosse recently. The WS2350 is brilliant and does everything I've needed to. Hooked it up with 'Weathertracker from afterten' on the Mac, which is also amazing.

Going to be set up on Wunderground in a few days, perfect timing for the Winter ahead.

Posted

Another thumbs up for the Lacrosse WS2350. I ran a WS2300 (same station except no USB option) for nearly 5 years without any issues before I got my VP2 and providing its sited well its actually quite accurate!