Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Record November Minimum Tonight?

Stargazer

Posted

One for Mr Data, perhaps...what's the mildest November night time minimum temperature on record (I think it's somewhere around 16)? The temperature here is 16.2 and still rising and it looks like 15 could well be exceeded somewhere overnight, possibly 16. One to keep an eye on?

Edited by Stargazer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

We're only 12.5c and dropping so far. Think it'll warm later in the night though. Good for saving fuel!

Posted

My mildest November night was Nov 3rd 2005 with 15.7c (the subsequent daytime max was just 15.9c). Currently 13.8c so that won't be beaten.

Posted

Still 15.6 here, and falling very slowly. I notice a number of stations are still reporting 16. Have looked up Trevor Harley's web pages - he reports for November 2005 that 'on the night of the 2-3rd the minimum at Herne Bay in Kent was 15.8C - a new record', which I think still stands, but perhaps this record could fall somewhere tonight.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Above 13c all evening and just below the daytime max now at 13.8c. Turned the heating off earlier this evening and its still 21c indoors!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

same here Kevin

13.1c here at the moment, remarkably mild at this time of day although I don't expect it to rise much in the cloud and rain.

The record Nov' max' here is 15.8c on the 2nd in 2005 and the highest min' is 11.2c on the 2nd in 2007. These are 24h r ( 0900-0900 ) max' and min', not just day/night temperatures, and without trawling through decades of records I've no idea what the highest November night min' is.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

14.7c here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

15.3c here and still rising. No need for a jacket today although best take a rain coat just in case by the looks of the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

15.3c here and still rising. No need for a jacket today although best take a rain coat just in case by the looks of the radar.

You'd certainly need a rain coat here, about 20-25 miles NW of where you are.

Posted

You'd certainly need a rain coat here, about 20-25 miles NW of where you are.

And I certainly did here! Moderate rain but a strong breeze going against me. Quite damp now (not to mention sweaty as it really feels very mild out!).

Posted

The overnight minimum here was 15.0 at around 8am, and 16 deg C was being widely reported from sites in eastern England throughout the night. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two places had a warmer night than Nov 2/3 2005, in which case some local records could have been broken, possibly the November record of 15.8.

And today's CET certainly looks like it's going to be exceptionally high.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted

Netweather GFS custom charts has an average peak daytime of 16 DgC (2M temp) for East Sussex dropping to 8/9 DgC overnight tonight:

graph1504.06123067782.png

Last night was quite high:

TTmineuropazoom.gif

Here is Eastbourne's figures for the last 24 hours:

post-6667-081771700%201288866305.jpg

UKMO tonight:

21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TEMP_SFC_24_00Z.png

post-6667-081771700 1288866305_thumb.jpg

Posted

It'll certainly be interesting to see the final reports from stations in eastern England - and today's CET will probably be exceptional too. Meanwhile, here it's positively balmy at 17.3 after an overnight minimum of 15.0.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

It'll certainly be interesting to see the final reports from stations in eastern England - and today's CET will probably be exceptional too. Meanwhile, here it's positively balmy at 17.3 after an overnight minimum of 15.0.

Yes I work in Reading and feels more like early September

Posted

A very, very mild night, minimum of 13.0c yesterday evening. Certainly the warmest in November in at least 7 years.

This just over a week after we had possibly the coldest October night for this region, at -5.6c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

A very mild night but not record breakingly so at 13.8C. Very uniform temperature though as the current max over the last 24hrs is 15.7C

Posted

Now up to 16.3c so great temperature wise but with the strong wind and grey skies it isn't as nice as it could be! A bit of sun too would really warm things up...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I note how warm most of the near-Continent was as well. Average minima for early November in Berlin and Munich are around 2-3C, and yet there were a lot of 10-13C values across Germany. Even in west Russia we were talking minima of 6-7C while the long-term mean for Moscow is near zero.

Posted

16.6c we've maxed at. Still grey though!

Posted

As Stew says, it really does feel more like September here today. The temperature reached a maximum of 18.2 early afternoon here and 17.7 at Reading University - and it's still above 17 now with hazy sunshine.