Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weather-history

Eu Budget

In the age of austerity, the EU, unbelievably are requesting for as a much as a 6% rise in their budget. :wallbash:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11641023

If the EU want a budget rise maybe they could get more money out of their existing budget if they decided the EU parliament were to sit in just in one place instead of two places? How much does that farce of meeting in two places actually cost?

Amazing, Mr D! The part I particularly like is the doubling of the Champagne Reception Budget...Are these Eurocrats mad??? :wallbash::wallbash:

Agrred Mr D... Close Strasbourg offices down for a start... it's just a duplication of Brussels and was only ever there to boost the French economy once a fortnight.... madness.... Pah!

Oh, and unless they've done so recently, the auditors have refused to sign off the EU accounts for about the last 16 years because the finances are fundamentally flawed and potentionally inaccurate/corrupt.... and we thought our MP expenses were shocking. The EU gravy train is wider than the Rhine.

Close it all down and start again......

The EU do themselves no favours with these kind of shenanigans, it only feeds Euroscepticism. They arrogantly want budget increases in an age of austerity and why the heads of government can't say no to any rise is beyond me, then you have the old "you can have a referendum but if you vote "no", you will keep having a referendum until you vote "yes", nonsense.

My Euroscepticism has increased further after this.

The EU do themselves no favours with these kind of shenanigans, it only feeds Euroscepticism. They arrogantly want budget increases in an age of austerity and why the heads of government can't say no to any rise is beyond me, then you have the old "you can have a referendum but if you vote "no", you will keep having a referendum until you vote "yes", nonsense.

My Euroscepticism has increased further after this.

I pretty much agree with this and I'm a pro European, the whole thing is becoming like a run away juggernaut. As usual its just the rich and powerful trying to help themselves to a bit more pie

This just hastens the day when the EUR experiment finally dies. Just waiting for the news to sink into the German mindset, and then it's over. Probably about the same time as China reports negative GDP on the face of excessive capacity but falling US imports, and the deselection of USD as the reference currency in favour of paper issued from the IMF.

• Some first weekend of Summer - even the pigeons don't fancy it

Gusting winds, showers and persistent rain - not the type of weather you'd usually associate with the first weekend of summer. But there will be some improvement through the weekend and into next week. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2020-06-05 21:46:10 Valid: 06/06/2020 0600 - 07/06/2020 0600 THUNDERSTORM OUTLOOK - SAT 6TH JUNE 2020 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather