Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Webcams

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I'm looking to buy a webcam, preferably under £100 to stream live images to a Website to show the current weather at my area. I am having trouble picking the right "indoor" webcam which works well looking "outdoors". I have recently bought a cheap webcam, and when i pointed it outdoors, it didn't pick up any picture because it was too bright. All i could see was white, (even though it was raining).

So if anyone has a webcam pointing outdoors, please could you recommended me it? I'm having trouble getting a good webcam, so that you can see live images of where i live and what the weather is doing outside.

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

Hi

Iv been using the Microsoft H5D-00003 Lifecam Cinema Webcam by Microsoft for doing time-lapse vids and its not a bad little cam.

The vid below was shot at 800*800 but it does capture in HD Widescreen Video - 720p and is really easy to use and set up.

This was taken with the window open and does a fine job if the window was closed.....

Del.

Posted

Thanks Del, so is there any reflection with the windows shut?

Posted

It's up and running now :) Click the link below to take a look people :)

Posted

Hi again.

What cam did you get in the end? just had a look at you your live cam and it seems to be auto focusing in/out of focus with mine you can turn the auto focus off and focus your self .

Del.

Posted

Hi again.

What cam did you get in the end? just had a look at you your live cam and it seems to be auto focusing in/out of focus with mine you can turn the auto focus off and focus your self .

Del.

Hi Del, i purchased the exact same one you have, Microsoft H5D-00003 Lifecam Cinema. How do you switch the auto focusing off? I don't see any option on the software. It's kind of a problem.

Posted

Once the lifecam program starts you'll see a blue tab on the right hand side and that opens the dashboard, ok now click settings and then properties, just uncheck the auto box for the focus settings......

Hope that helps...:good:

Posted

Thanks for your help!

• 4 months later...
Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hi Marcus, are you still using your webcam, if so how are you finding it. I am going to try one, like you from inside of a window.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

My new Microsoft Lifecam HD 6000 should be up and running. Quite an art to get the capture settings correct through Weather Display so it can upload to Wunderground. It has taken all week so far but for £20 (reconditioned) it seems ok and is capturing from an upstairs window and will be viewing between NE and SE.